• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Updated Spurs player's Goals & Assists after the 3-2 win at West Ham...

P0180_zps3987b4c2.png

Gareth Bale Career Statistics

I think he'll give us one more season after this before joining one of the Top 3 clubs - what a player, what a talent. Enjoy him while he's with us

I made referrence to the Top 3 world clubs, Statto

Fair enough.

But if we can keep Bale and add a few choice signings, I see no reason why Spurs can't be one of those top world clubs in the future.

A1846_zps9c482f1c.jpg

Last edited:

Massive moment for the club coming up. Teams will no doubt inquire about Bale, but Levy simply has to rebuff any offer no matter how silly it is. This is different from Modric, Bale is a match winner and by himself he can attract other players to the club. Levy sold VDV because of his age, Bale is 23 and is only going to get better.

Just mentioned this in another thread. Just taking the last 20-25 years into account, for a club that has in my opinion under-performed in the league and silverware department (considering our stature), we have had some truly incredible players at The Lane. We are a lucky bunch just in that sense.

Hoddle was just a phenom. My top three would be:

Gazza
Hoddle
Bale

It's hard to put Bale there ahead of some truly wonderful players, but the boy is proving himself to be absolutely WORLD CLASS. There, I said it. We are very lucky.

It seems to have been the way at Spurs over recent decades that just when we look to be building a potentially great squad one of our shining stars will depart leaving us slightly short of the very top sides...

I just about recall when I first started following Spurs that we signed Lineker only for his England colleague Waddle to move to Marseille soon afterwards. Or more recently in 2006 we sign Berbatov but lose Carrick, in 2008 we sign Modric but lose Berbatov and Keane...

Hopefully Bale will stick around with us for at least another couple of seasons to give AVB a chance to find that top drawer forward we need and ultimately build a squad capable of challenging for the top honours [-o<

i think AVB will sit down with Bale in the summer and convince him to stay at Spurs for least one more season

i think AVB will sit down with Bale in the summer and convince him to stay at Spurs for least one more season

I realy dont think he has to use alot of time on it... Cant see Bale going, he loves this club and how he plays now. I think Bale is going to convince him self to stay.

But what do ppl think his price tag is? hvat do clubs have to pay to get him?

If Bale keep this for up, I cant see him go for under 75-80mill £

Loved his reaction last night, celebrating with AVB, couldn't stop smiling when walking off the pitch. Seemed to me like a player happy to stay for a while and as long as he doesn't start insisting on a move Levy can do his thing and only ridiculous bids could possibly be entertained. Will be interesting to see if Levy draws another line in the sand this summer like he did with Modric in the summer of 2011.

Right now I'm just delighted to see him in a Spurs shirt though, summer schmummer, let's enjoy the rest of the season. The goal last night really defies description, a picture (or gif) says more than a thousand words.

One more thing.

He seems to get up much quicker after being tackled/fouled these days. Just straight to his feet much more often. It probably doesn't impact play much, but it seems to give him a slightly more invincible look when he does what he did last night, get fouled, bounce back up again, then create a bit of space for himself and whip it into the top corner.

One more thing.

He seems to get up much quicker after being tackled/fouled these days. Just straight to his feet much more often. It probably doesn't impact play much, but it seems to give him a slightly more invincible look when he does what he did last night, get fouled, bounce back up again, then create a bit of space for himself and whip it into the top corner.

Was I the only one screaming at Webb for (yet again) waving advantage when a free kick within 30 yards is exactly what Bale wants?

Was I the only one screaming at Webb for (yet again) waving advantage when a free kick within 30 yards is exactly what Bale wants?

Not for the situation before the goal, I thought it was too far out to warrant a free kick over continued play.

There was a situation much closer to the box a bit earlier, around 20 yards, slightly to the right where one of our players was brought down (can't remember who, could have been Bale), but Webb waved an advantage as the ball came to Sig or someone on the left. Was beyond clear that a free kick would be more advantageous than continued play.

Loved his reaction last night, celebrating with AVB, couldn't stop smiling when walking off the pitch. Seemed to me like a player happy to stay for a while and as long as he doesn't start insisting on a move Levy can do his thing and only ridiculous bids could possibly be entertained. Will be interesting to see if Levy draws another line in the sand this summer like he did with Modric in the summer of 2011.

Right now I'm just delighted to see him in a Spurs shirt though, summer schmummer, let's enjoy the rest of the season. The goal last night really defies description, a picture (or gif) says more than a thousand words.

Berbatov and Modric were good business from the point of view that we got a big sum which actually was an overpricing from the impact of the buying clubs. Yes you have to think about money we might have lost from having a better team but we'll never know. If we lost Bale this summer we could still feasibly get in a couple of good players that keep our overall quality up, you won't replace Bale player for player but actually if we had a quality forward on form we'd be scoring the same number of goals.
As a fan I want us to keep Bale and I want us to build a new stadium. But if we got a huge fee of £70m+, a ridiculous overpricing again that we've seen before then I have no problem with us selling.

There are two other considerations though. The first is that because of financial fair play ther monster clubs can't actually afford to pay an absurd amount AND the huge wage he would command. I daresay we could probably even go up to a ridiculous salary on Bale ourselves ahead of anyone else.... Lets say £300k a week = £15m a year. If Bale stays, on this form he is worth a £15m signing every summer.

The other factor is bale himself. Does he want to go? If not, I really really hope Levy doesn't try to sell him. My - very weak "friend of a friend" - ITK is that he's happy at the lane and not wanting to move just yet. And this makes sense, look at the pictures from last night and how he speaks about the team. Why would he go? Money? We could pay more as I said and maybe he's happy with what he gets. Not everyone will accept £500k a week at the expense of playing in Chechnya. Location? With a young baby I could see this being a huge factor but only a British club would be a positive move but geographically nothing is gained going to Manchester or another London club.

The main reason he might leave is to look to go to a club with a high chance of winning a domestic title and champions league. But he's still young there is good time for him to move to a Milan or a Barcelona. Plus you need the right things, the right managers in place etc. Just like when he had the ball thirty yards out for Spurs these days.... maybe there's just nothing on for him right now!

Just listening to Talksport and Richard Keys has made out it would be easy to beat Gareth Bale "send him down his right side". Oh Keysey if only it was that easy. I have no doubt Bale and the team have a way of dealing with that, probably pushing Lennon and or walker on the overlap.

Back