• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2015/16

Point taken.

I can understand your frustration, a ST holding friend of mine hasn't been an away game regular since the days of Jol and I'm pretty sure now we have the rolling 5 year loyalty points he hasn't been to one away game during that time but still has c. 150 points and if he does apply would jump the queue ahead of members. However, he would have fallen around 50+ points short of Liverpool which does back Billy's post and still attends 20+ games a season and has done for over 10 years but just not that much away.

So if we get 3,000 allocation then I think it would be fair if say 400 or so of those were made available purely for members to apply for. I think that gives a large proportion to STH and gives members an incentive to try and build up their points rather than reaching this point in the season and seeing Liverpool sell out to STH with ludicrously high totals when a big number of those wouldn't have bothered applying to go to the same fixture over the last 3-4 seasons as the allocation met members.

Looking at the loyalty point table from 1st Feb there are around 6,000 Season Ticket Holders with more than 350 loyalty points which over a 4 + 1 rolling period is a very decent return.

You can't build that up by going to all the 1 point away games.

A fairer way of finding out a members real loyalty points is to strip out the home games which ST Holders don't get until we go beyond the 21 games per season.

I think the system overall has flaws and as a member I have found it a bit frustrating that since the City game all of the away games since on sale have gone only to season ticket holders who have decided now to make more of an effort as it gets closer to the seasons end. I am a member and have made the effort to go to Norwich, West Brom and City away as well as Dortmund and would like to go to Stoke and Chelsea but doubt I will get a ticket as more and more are applying as we near the finishing line.

I am in line to get a season ticket when the new ground is built so this could be detrimental to me but I think that for away games a certain percentage of the allocation should go on sale just to members so those with high points returns get the chance to attend. So if we get 3,000 allocation then I think it would be fair if say 400 or so of those were made available purely for members to apply for. I think that gives a large proportion to STH and gives members an incentive to try and build up their points rather than reaching this point in the season and seeing Liverpool sell out to STH with ludicrously high totals when a big number of those wouldn't have bothered applying to go to the same fixture over the last 3-4 seasons as the allocation met members.

Excellent post

Looking at the loyalty point table from 1st Feb there are around 6,000 Season Ticket Holders with more than 350 loyalty points which over a 4 + 1 rolling period is a very decent return.

You can't build that up by going to all the 1 point away games.

A fairer way of finding out a members real loyalty points is to strip out the home games which ST Holders don't get until we go beyond the 21 games per season.

I agree you can't but they would have had a high base number to begin with. Look, its a divisive subject in terms of merit within the argument but encompassing both my suggestion and yours if they changed the points slightly would be better. You get 25 points for renewing your season ticket, that should be on reflection probably 40 points for me and that covers your home games. Stripping out our home games isn't right. We get a chance to gain higher points because we don't have a guaranteed ticket for every home game regardless of opposition/competition and also have to deal with the wheel of death every time a ticket goes on sale so its a fair trade off overall. Then for away fixtures make a percentage, perhaps 10-15% available for purely members to go after and allow them the chance even in the good times to go to real deciding away fixture.

I appreciate what you say regarding the 6,000 or so with 350 but where were they for West Brom? That was a 3pm Saturday kick off on Dec 5th. Where were they for Leicester away? That was a 3pm kick off on Aug 22nd. Just because someone has a season ticket doesn't mean they themselves attend every game or even many at all. I know quite a few that sell their ticket off game by game and generally only go to about 7-8 home games a season and allow their ticket to be used for cup games which builds up the points.

The narrative with away fixtures is normally this; First half of the season almost every away game will go to members unless it is a) Arsenal, b) a team that hasn't been in the league before or for a long period of time or c) a team within a certain distance from London and the surrounding areas.

Once you reach this part of the season then all those who don't bother going Sunderland, West Brom, Stoke etc will start applying because of how the team are performing which is absolutely fine but it doesn't reward the loyalty of other supporters who have made effort throughout the season and put in the miles when it isn't completely apparent how the season is going to pan out.

To make it clear, STH deserve to be able to apply for the bulk of away tickets, I completely agree with that and understand that fact but I think to reward the loyalty of all potential supporters and give people a chance to be a part of a really important away day then a percentage of tickets from our away capacity should be available to members. This concept promotes fairness imo and I am championing it even though it will probably be at my own detriment once I get a season ticket in 2 years time.

Just wondering how ST Holders loyalty points work. Bronze & Lilywhites obviously gain theirs through games attended home and away, and I can see how ST Holders can increase theirs through away games.
How are Home game points allocated to ST Holders?

Just wondering how ST Holders loyalty points work. Bronze & Lilywhites obviously gain theirs through games attended home and away, and I can see how ST Holders can increase theirs through away games.
How are Home game points allocated to ST Holders?

They are given 21 home games automatically and gain 25 points for renewing their season ticket. After that then every home game we have that isn't included within their package (normally by early October) they get the points that are advertised on the website so after the 25 points they can still, based on this season get another 20-30 points based on the cup ties we have had at home and then whatever they gain from away fixtures.

Another quick one (bit of a whinge I suppose really). As a Bronzie averaging a running 200 points for the last few years, I've been able to get to Wembley for the FA Cup Semi and the League Cup Final.
Days like this for Bronze members are surely over when a ton of Season Tickets are issued for the New Stadium.
Any-one know or hazard a guess how many Season Tickets there will be out the 61,000 capacity?

Another quick one (bit of a whinge I suppose really). As a Bronzie averaging a running 200 points for the last few years, I've been able to get to Wembley for the FA Cup Semi and the CC Final.
Days like this for Bronze members are surely over when a ton of Season Tickets are issued for the New Stadium.
Any-one know or hazard a guess how many Season Tickets there will be out the 61,000 capacity?

I would guess so. We currently have 23,000 or so STH so using FA Cup semis and League cup finals as a barometer, we have been given 32,000 approx in those games recently. In the future, none of those fixtures will reach members from what I can see. I would imagine the STH will go from 23,000 to around 42,000/43,000 plus the 3,000 away allocation and the corporate side taking that up to maybe 51,000 ish leaving around 9,000 or so for general sale and members. This is all guesswork on my part but I would be very, very surprised if we didn't see an increase to that sort of level of STH give or take a couple of thousand.

All this means that in future, even Semi finals at Wembley or a League cup final which historically gone to members will now only ever go to STH given the limited allocation.

I would guess so. We currently have 23,000 or so STH so using FA Cup semis and League cup finals as a barometer, we have been given 32,000 approx in those games recently. In the future, none of those fixtures will reach members from what I can see. I would imagine the STH will go from 23,000 to around 42,000/43,000 plus the 3,000 away allocation and the corporate side taking that up to maybe 51,000 ish leaving around 9,000 or so for general sale and members. This is all guesswork on my part but I would be very, very surprised if we didn't see an increase to that sort of level of STH give or take a couple of thousand.

All this means that in future, even Semi finals at Wembley or a League cup final which historically gone to members will now only ever go to STH given the limited allocation.

Thanks. I'm sitting around the 4,000 mark on the waiting list. Looks like I'll have to start putting a few quid away for a Season ticket. :)

Thanks. I'm sitting around the 4,000 mark on the waiting list. Looks like I'll have to start putting a few quid away for a Season ticket. :)

I am 7,600 or so I believe. I think a scheme is set up that allows your ST to be taken in 10 monthly payments, I'm not entirely sure but a STH would be able to confirm or deny?

Just for info and may be of interest, but I recently renewed my Mrs's lapsed Bronze Membership. She is now 51,776 on the ST waiting list!

Or the guys that sit on seasons tickets that they only use for the big matches and sell on stubhub or through mates for the rest. I've been to a few away games, but usually have to get tickets via the usual mate of a mate that has access to several season tickets.

Isn't that part of the problem though, people using their season tickets to get tickets for other people which then maintains their own loyalty points for whenever they fancy a game.

Do you have to confirm with the club when you are renewing that is what you are doing or is it done via a third party credit arrangement?
When you renew you can either pay up front or do the finance option, it takes you though to a seperate page

Does anyone think membership points should come into play for Champions League home games?
Last time we were in it the demand for home tickets increased I would say 3 or even 4-fold. The website was almost crashing under the sheer weight of numbers. The same demand just isn't there for league games. People could conceivably sign up just to attend those games. Having sat through home defeats to the likes of Charlton over the last 20 years I have plenty of membership points accrued and I don't think its right that any JCL should be getting an equal shot at a ticket for CL games.

The away game conundrum is a difficult one. I go to my 'home' game at St James' Park every year and I've seen 0-4, 1-6 and 1-7 up here. Having sat through some sh*te its going to be disappointing that this year I will miss out as I feel there is some loyalty in going year-in year-out even when it was clear we were going to be walloped :)
That said - STH have every right to expect to attend the games when they've done the hard yards every week. No real complaints here about that.

Does anyone think membership points should come into play for Champions League home games?
Last time we were in it the demand for home tickets increased I would say 3 or even 4-fold. The website was almost crashing under the sheer weight of numbers. The same demand just isn't there for league games. People could conceivably sign up just to attend those games. Having sat through home defeats to the likes of Charlton over the last 20 years I have plenty of membership points accrued and I don't think its right that any JCL should be getting an equal shot at a ticket for CL games.

The away game conundrum is a difficult one. I go to my 'home' game at St James' Park every year and I've seen 0-4, 1-6 and 1-7 up here. Having sat through some sh*te its going to be disappointing that this year I will miss out as I feel there is some loyalty in going year-in year-out even when it was clear we were going to be walloped :)
That said - STH have every right to expect to attend the games when they've done the hard yards every week. No real complaints here about that.

It happened.

I doubt I was the only one. Went to Qualifier and all 3 home group matches, plus the majority of home league games. In the Jan the club offered cut-price memberships. Come the Milan match demand went through the roof and couldn't get a ticket, didnt time the bar right.
Then I see a post of Facebook on the morning of the match. "Woohoo first game at the Lane tonight, can't wait' Was not chuffed. Then same happened for Madrid match, as it happened, once we got smashed in the first leg, mysteriously a lot of tickets became available, so managed to bag one on the morning of the match.
Didn't bother me we were 4-0 down. Tottenham playing Real Madrid at the Lane. must-go match for me

Back