• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European TDD (Spurs-Related Deals)

We would be absolutely mad to sell Aurier. He is currently one of only two right backs that we have in the squad and also the better one of the two.

What are you basing that on? I was always open to Aurier kicking on. Thought he'd come good. But in almost every game he's played his spacial awareness, defensive awareness has been lacking. Fine goign forward. More punchy going foward. Not good defensively. At least KWP has some potential and age on his side. But I'd prefer Sanchez or Foyth to both.

It was interesting - I was watching him closely on MotD and he got caught high up the pitch A LOT in what was albeit a short highlights package.
I’ve noticed this is an issue for players in the shorter highlights packages.
In longer edits / full games it’s not such an issue as they have a lot longer time to get back into position and cover.

Wrong thread, but you all seem to think that this is the tactics thread, so might as well continue.
IMO You're all wrong on why Sanchez played right back yesterday.

1. Aurier is just returning from injury and probably not match fit, something you need to be in that role.
2. I think Poch was unsure wheather to go with a back 3 or 4, and wanted to be able to switch around, without having to make a substitution, thus playing 3 CB's from the start, and see how it goes.

Having read this entire thread, I’m impressed by the two attempts GB has made to keep it on topic about European deadline day.

Can I suggest we rename it please?

It reads to me as the “Well this just fudging proves we should never have believed all that brick about selling Kyle Walker somehow actually being a good idea - and now we’re just completely and utterly shagged at right back” thread.

It is difficult to read much into 8 PL and 5 CL games.
Really? Most in here have made up their mind after about 10 seconds. If those 10 seconds are not perfect, 10 seasons of masterclass isn't enough to shift their initial opinion.

Off topic, sorry - but I wonder how much we got from Vitoria for Marcus Edwards in the end

I've only seen it referenced as a "nominal fee". Although we have a 50% sell-on clause, which is pretty significant.
Thanks.

Could be good then. When the world realise he is Messi Mk II after all and PSG come in, we could be in line for circa £150m.

Wrong thread, but you all seem to think that this is the tactics thread, so might as well continue.
IMO You're all wrong on why Sanchez played right back yesterday.

1. Aurier is just returning from injury and probably not match fit, something you need to be in that role.
2. I think Poch was unsure wheather to go with a back 3 or 4, and wanted to be able to switch around, without having to make a substitution, thus playing 3 CB's from the start, and see how it goes.

I think he played Sanchez there because of the Scum's pace wide, Sanchez is quick .. and probably as they could squeeze into 3 CB's when needed.

I see Llorente to Napoli is official, just takes Kane or Son getting injured and I think we'll miss having any kind of plan B in the brick ton of games we'll ideally be playing during the course of the season..

I see Llorente to Napoli is official, just takes Kane or Son getting injured and I think we'll miss having any kind of plan B in the brick ton of games we'll ideally be playing during the course of the season..

Moura is normally played as a centre forward by Poch.

So, the euro window SLAMS! shut and Poch finally has the settled squad he’s been complaining about.

The window had hit us hard in terms of disruption to performances and team harmony.

The ultimate impact it had was, that we lost Marcus Edwards..... o_O

Well worth tinkling 3 out of 4 matches up the wall, playing crap and having no chance of the title for then...

Back