• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European TDD (Spurs-Related Deals)

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
So, potentially a big day today. I guess we are looking out for:

- Wanyama completing his move to Brugges
- Aurier possibly moving to Milan
- Edwards completing his move to Udinese
- Dybala going nowhere

Best case then we could pocket £30m and gain ourselves a second chance on Dybala

- Dybala going nowhere

Best case then we could pocket £30m and gain ourselves a second chance on Dybala
Wanyama deal is off. He asked for too much money. Aurier ain't going nowhere.

Wanyama deal is off. He asked for too much money. Aurier ain't going nowhere.
This is where I think Levy needs to be a bit smarter. If Pochettino has told him he is happy for Wanyama to go then it would make sense for Spurs to subsidise some of the wage shortfall for the player.

It was rumoured that the transfer fee for Wanyama was agreed at £13 million. Surely it would make sense for us to go back to Brugges and drop the fee by £2 million to allow them to give a bigger package to the player? The alternative is us keeping Wanyama for another 4 months until January, paying him probably close to £1 million in wages in that time with his transfer fee unlikely to do anything other than fall due to him getting no football in that time and having another 6 months left on his contract. It seems crazy to me that there isn't a deal to be done here and we're better off cutting our losses than retaining the player over what is likely to be a couple of million quid.

Pretty confident it’ll be a quite day and Poch can replace his lemons in the morning knowing the squad he has until at least January.

- Dybala going nowhere

We would be absolutely mad to sell Aurier. He is currently one of only two right backs that we have in the squad and also the better one of the two.

Getting an RB with defence nouse and skill is going to be expensive.
WBS is excellent at United. But @£50m so he should be.
I like Max Aarons at Norwich but not seen enough of his defensive work yet or lack thereof.

I like Max Aarons at Norwich but not seen enough of his defensive work yet or lack thereof.
It was interesting - I was watching him closely on MotD and he got caught high up the pitch A LOT in what was albeit a short highlights package.

Looks good going forward but I need to see more defensively based on that limited sample size.

Yeah he's clearly not fancied so if we can we should move him on

I think that the priority should be avoiding a situation where we have unwanted players blocking us signing new players because we cannot move them on. I would rather sell him and cover the position until we can bring in someone who is clearly first choice. It is hardly like he is a significant step up on Foyth, KWP or Dier.

The priority should be getting a RB who is quick and can provide width whilst attacking.

He's not very good. I'd sell and look to sign a clear first choice RB in January or next summer.
He may or may not be good but he is still currently the best we have. If we're looking to sign a clear first choice RB in January or next summer then we need to sell Aurier in that same transfer window not before. Otherwise we risk having more car crash performances like Sanchez's yesterday.

He may or may not be good but he is still currently the best we have. If we're looking to sign a clear first choice RB in January or next summer then we need to sell Aurier in that same transfer window not before. Otherwise we risk having more car crash performances like Sanchez's yesterday.

The problem that we have then is that we will not sign a replacement until we move him on in a future window. Given that the cover options aren't an obvious downgrade, I'd prefer to give them game time and sign a truly quality player at the earliest opportunity.

We would be absolutely mad to sell Aurier. He is currently one of only two right backs that we have in the squad and also the better one of the two.
But Poch didn't prioritise a RB in the summer, so he must be happy with the plan for RB this season. And it's safe to say the plan ain't Aurier.

But Poch didn't prioritise a RB in the summer, so he must be happy with the plan for RB this season. And it's safe to say the plan ain't Aurier.
Well if that plan is to play Sanchez there I think we can kiss hopes of a top 4 finish goodbye.

I'm actually struggling to think of what Aurier did that was so bad last season. I thought overall his performances last season were better than Trippier's. He is defensively reasonable and offers quite a bit going forward. He might not be the long term answer but he is a better answer right now than any of the other candidates at the club and certainly a better answer than any of the other candidates who are fit right now.

It could be argued that Sanchez is fifth in the list of options behind Foyth, KWP, Aurier and Dier. It's plain bad luck that someone that far down the list has to be played at RB. No teams squad depth will ever be so deep that 5th choice anything isn't a step down or risk.

Take Aurier out of that list and we've lost very little, especially as in January we can chase someone who we hope to be a starter (Youcef Atal)

Well if that plan is to play Sanchez there I think we can kiss hopes of a top 4 finish goodbye.

I'm actually struggling to think of what Aurier did that was so bad last season. I thought overall his performances last season were better than Trippier's. He is defensively reasonable and offers quite a bit going forward. He might not be the long term answer but he is a better answer right now than any of the other candidates at the club and certainly a better answer than any of the other candidates who are fit right now.
What? No one is fit? See above

The problem that we have then is that we will not sign a replacement until we move him on in a future window. Given that the cover options aren't an obvious downgrade, I'd prefer to give them game time and sign a truly quality player at the earliest opportunity.
I'm not saying that we should wait until we sign a replacement before selling Aurier. In fact I would much prefer it the other way round. We sign ourselves a new right back and then we sell Aurier.

I think all of the cover options for Aurier are a large downgrade, perhaps that is because all but one of them are not even right backs. Would another club hoping to challenge for the top honours go into the season with only one (injured!) right back in their squad?

Back