• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa

So Ange plays Forster in the EFL cup, but doesn't use him in the EL.

It leaves me wondering whether he lost confidence in him after that EFL performance and now regrets not having Spence in the EL squad.
Nothing in the Forster game that should have changed Ange's confidence in him. It's the player he is now.

I'm guessing it's more a case of giving Forster a bit of time on the pitch to get a little bit of match fitness in case he's needed. Doesn't mean he should play every cup game until Christmas.

I think it's been discussed that it was a choice between Spence and Forster due to quota numbers. If Spence was included then Whiteman/Austin would be back up keeper in the EL.

I do have a feeling Ange likes to respect what he thinks is seniority within the squad.

Another example, last night at 3-0 I'd have brought Moore on rather than Werner.
I don't think it's seniority with Forster. I think it's just that he's seen as our second best goalkeeper and in case Vicario gets injured it's good to have our second best goalkeeper in the squad for the EL.

Against Brentford Moore was brought on and Werner was left on the bench. I think it's more a case of bringing Moore into the game a bit slowly. Though not that slowly for a 17 year old really.

I don't think it's seniority with Forster. I think it's just that he's seen as our second best goalkeeper and in case Vicario gets injured it's good to have our second best goalkeeper in the squad for the EL.

Against Brentford Moore was brought on and Werner was left on the bench. I think it's more a case of bringing Moore into the game a bit slowly. Though not that slowly for a 17 year old really.
Obviously there's a touch of hindsight with the Forster thing as the Coventry game came post declarations of the EL squad. But jeez...if that's second best it's not a high bar.

Moore was brought on on 88 mins v Brentford...so almost a token (Jose) type sub. (Plus Werner did come off injured at Cov)
There was a good 20/25 mins for a sub to get a good chunk of time after Dom scored last night. It's going to be easier for Ange to give minutes in the EL than the PL, and Moore needs those more than tbh a stop gap (that we pretty much know already 100% what he offers)

Nothing in the Forster game that should have changed Ange's confidence in him. It's the player he is now.

I'm guessing it's more a case of giving Forster a bit of time on the pitch to get a little bit of match fitness in case he's needed. Doesn't mean he should play every cup game until Christmas.

The closer we get to Xmas the happier I get.

Right now, if Venom was out for the season we would have 3 months and 3 competitions to navigate to the transfer window. Ok, it's a little punctured with 2 international breaks but that is only a small respite on having Forster or Austin in sticks for 3 complete months.

Back