• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Round of 32: Lyon (FRA), Round of 16: Winner of Inter - C

Lyon coach Remi Garde says it is 'fate' that saw the French side drawn against former goalkeeper Hugo Lloris' Tottenham in the UEFA Europa League.

The French international stopper moved to White Hart Lane in the summer, but has vied with the veteran Brad Friedel to be first-choice in Andre Villas-Boas' side.

Five of Lloris' 13 appearances so far have come in Spurs' successful bid to make the knock-out stages of the Europa League.

"Drawing Tottenham, it made us all think about Hugo," admitted former Arsenal defender Garde.

"That is fate. It will probably be quite moving for him here. I hope he will not want to shine against us, but I fear he will."

The draw also made Garde recall his three-year stint with Spurs' North London rivals Arsenal in the latter half of the 1990s.

"White Hart Lane? It won't be too difficult to remember. Of course there are memories that come back," he said.

"I am not sure if the Spurs' fans will remember my period with Gunners, but maybe that night they will make an effort."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8349735/Tottenham-keeper-Hugo-Lloris-will-be-welcomed-back-by-old-club-Lyon

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Round of 32: Lyon (FRA), Round of 16: Winner of Inter - C

Garde was fudgein toilet as a player.

Im more than likely going to go on the 1 day trip with match ticket for £249

looks like the coach is on for us, not sure of the prices but iirc Bremen was a little over 100 with a hotel the night of the game

I got two eurostar tickets free - so ill end up going Paris then getting a train from there. Make it a day and one night trip

looks like the coach is on for us, not sure of the prices but iirc Bremen was a little over 100 with a hotel the night of the game
Who with exactly? And DHSF, we were planning the same

I paid £89 quid for the coach to bremen, we left WHL monday night at 6pm got to bremen at 10am the day of the match then came straight back afterwards, a long and uncomfortable couple of days if im honest

was that the official coach ?

oh right - most the people on ours were either mates or mates of mates - so it was a good craic

only down side was about 4 repeat airings of a Chas and Dave c.d once we arrived in Germany :lol:

I paid £89 quid for the coach to bremen, we left WHL monday night at 6pm got to bremen at 10am the day of the match then came straight back afterwards, a long and uncomfortable couple of days if im honest
What was it like on the way back? I'm not sure if I'd be able to sleep on the coach or not, as I'm 6 foot 3 and am usually very uncomfortable. I'd like to go out after the game and get on it as well

I've booked the Eurostar. Out Thursday morning at 7.01 , and leaving around 4pm Friday afternoon. £150.

Also booked flights to Milan for £ 50 . Worth the risk IMO .

Yep, i'd like to know what we're suppoesed to have done wrong. The coverage of this is exceptionally poor even by usual media standards, as story after story on NewsNow simply repeats the same inadequate press release. It's quite shameful actually how none of the papers actually take the time to check the rubbish they're churning out.

Maybe the disturbance was having the nerve to actually turn up at the stadium?

Probably our fans wearing non-UEFA sponsored stab vests.

The whole thing seems a nonsense but due to our incompetent media not having a scooby it will doubtless take a while before we find out what we're supposed to have done wrong.

Back