• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Round of 32: Lyon (FRA), Round of 16: Winner of Inter - C

2 proper bo Euro ties. Stick your CL up your arse.

Re: Europa League 2012-13 - Round of 32: Lyon (FRA), Round of 16: Winner of Inter - C

Yes, our attack performed well (two goals from Jimmy Greaves and goals from Alan Gilzean & Cliff Jones) but our defence let us down badly that night at the Lane, conceding three.

Hoy and Bond were simply not good enough replacements for the injured England & Mullery.

Cheers, well pleased with my memory on that one :)

Wish the ties had been the other way round - I fancied a wee trip to France during the School Feb holiday

Are Lyon that good anymore?

Certainly not the force they once were. Didn't they win 6 titles in a row or something?

Something ridiculous like that. What was the name of their Brazilian free kick master? Hope he's not still there...

We're about to find out - my guess is that they are still good and we'll do very well to beat them.

For sure, I'm sure they're still decent. But I'd hazard a guess we've got the better players, who is the better team I have no idea....

Something ridiculous like that. What was the name of their Brazilian free kick master? Hope he's not still there...

Juninho? He's back in Brazil, still scores some insane goals though.

vercoutre, lovren, lopez, gourcuff, gomis, briand, bastos and let's not forget steeeeeed.

they have some talented and dangerous players. it will be a real test.

steed malbranque is leading the ligue1 in assists this year. and apparently he's belgian.

I had a quick look on the main Lyon forum and my rusty French tells me that, along with Atletico, Napoli and Inter, we were one of the clubs that they wanted to avoid.

They were more than a tad miffed when, as the draw progressed, it became clear that their only choices were us and Napoli. Even more miffed when it transpired that Inter would be the likely opponent if they beat us.

Some of them even seem to think that they have little chance of getting past us. Just goes to show that they're at least as respectful and wary of us as we are of them.

And, of course, they're all looking forward to seeing Hugo back at the Stade Gerland.

P.S. I hope that the club allow the 1882 group to take over a couple of blocks for this game.

hmm...this about summed up how I felt. When Saudi Sportswashing Machine was drawn before us for both last 32 and last 16, my hunch feeling was that we are about to get tough draws, may be Lyon and Napoli. Well...

The Liverpool and Fulham games would be Sunday games should we prevail against Lyon.

And the 9 Mar league game might become a FA Cup sixth round game too. \o/

We always seems to get tough teams in the knock out stage of the European competitions. We could do with some luck in Europe. Can see this being a tough match against Lyon. It reminds me of the Peace Cup Final against Lyon which we won. Hope we beat them again. But it is annoying to know we have another tough match against Inter in the next round if we beat Lyon. I think we have to strengthen the team in January to have any chance of beating both Lyon and Inter, especially in midfield and defence.

no official team news yet...:)

Spurs v Olympique Lyonnais
Thursday 14 February 2013, kick-off 8:05pm

Make sure you secure your seat at the Lane as we take on Olympique Lyonnais on Thursday 14 February, kick off 8:05pm.

One Hotspur Platinum and Gold Members registered on the AutoCup Scheme are advised that payment for the Olympique Lyonnais fixture will be taken week commencing 7 January 2013.

One Hotspur Silver Members will be able to purchase their regular seat for this match from 9.30am on Wednesday 9 January until 5.00pm on Thursday 10 January.

Tickets will then go on sale to One Hotspur Bronze and Lilywhite Members from 9.30am on Friday 11 January. A date for general sale will be confirmed in due course.

Tickets will be priced at Category C level for this fixture.

Olympique Lyonnais v Spurs
Thursday 21 February 2013, kick-off 7:00pm (local time)
Stade de Gerland, Lyon

We have an allocation of approximately 2,000 tickets for this match, with the prices to be confirmed.

One Hotspur Season Ticket Holders can now apply online or by submitting an application form, which can be obtained from the ticket office, no later than 5:00pm on Wednesday 9 January. Platinum Season Ticket holders are reminded that they must apply for tickets for European away matches.

In the event that we are not oversubscribed by Season Ticket Holders, applications will then open to One Hotspur Bronze and Lilywhite Members who will then be able to apply online or by submitting the away match application form, which can be obtained from the ticket office, from 5.00pm on Wednesday 9 January and no later than 5pm on Friday 11 January.

Tickets will be despatched to the registered address of the person making the application.

In the event that match tickets are oversubscribed for this match they will be allocated in line with the Club's Loyalty Points scheme.

Loyalty Points: 5

Surprised it's a Cat C, nice.

Will go as its Cat C

2k allocation? fudgein hell.

I am def gonna go so no one fudgein apply. GRRRRRRRRRR

Back