• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League 2012-13 - QF: Basel (SUI)

The regulations for the coming season has not yet been published by UEFA, but on wikipedia they are using the following:

The access list for next season's CL & EL is included in the CL regulations which have been published. The list is as you have quoted but it will still be subject to change. For example, because Spurs have been moved from the CL, there will be one less CL qualifying match and consequently one less losing team being transferred to the EL.

Ferguson goes for a completely different approach and it's the correct one.

Play Full Strength for first 3 games = 3 probable wins.
Then rest them for the Knockout.

Ferguson goes for a completely different approach and it's the correct one.

Play Full Strength for first 3 games = 3 probable wins.
Then rest them for the Knockout.

I'd agree with this, but it depends where the first three games are located. If we have an away leg at long distance i'd be tempted to send the youngsters...

With all entrants but two now decided, here's the pots for the groups provided all the seeded teams get through their qualifying rounds:

Code:
Pot 1                          coef.              Pot 2                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Atl?®tico Madrid (TH)     Esp 100.837              VfB Stuttgart *4         Ger  55.037
Internazionale *3        Ita 104.996              Metalist Kharkiv *4      Ukr  52.526
Liverpool *3             Eng  90.882              Athletic Bilbao (*3)     Esp  47.837
Olympique Lyon           Fra  94.835              AZ Alkmaar *4            Ned  44.103
Olympique Marseille *3   Fra  85.835              Besiktas *3              Tur  42.115
Sporting CP Lisbon *4    Por  82.069              Fenerbah?ºe @4            Tur  41.615
CSKA Moscow *4           Rus  80.566              Rubin Kazan *4           Rus  40.566
PSV Eindhoven *4         Ned  76.103              Napoli                   Ita  39.996
Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  66.882              Udinese @4               Ita  38.996
Bayer Leverkusen         Ger  60.037              Lille OSC @4             Fra  38.835
Girondins Bordeaux *4    Fra  58.835              Club Brugge @3           Bel  35.480
FC Twente Enschede *     Ned  57.103              APOEL Nicosia **         Cyp  33.599

Pot 3                          coef.              Pot 4                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Hapoel Tel-Aviv *4       Isr  31.400              CFR Cluj @4              Rom  18.764
Hannover 96 *3           Ger  31.037              Anorthosis Famagusta **  Cyp  17.099
Lazio Roma *4            Ita  29.996              Saudi Sportswashing Machine *4      Eng  16.882
PAOK Thessaloniki **     Gre  27.920              Young Boys **            Sui  16.860
Steaua Bucuresti *3      Rom  26.764              M?ílaga CF @4             Esp  16.837
Sparta Praha **          Cze  25.570              Levante UD *3/*4         Esp  16.837
Dinamo Zagreb @4         Cro  24.774              Racing Genk *3           Bel  16.480
AEK Athens *4            Gre  24.420              Borussia M?Ânchengladb @4 Ger  15.037
Lech Poznan *            Pol  22.483              MSK Zilina @4            Svk  14.974
Rosenborg BK *           Nor  20.935              Partizan Belgrade @4     Srb  14.350
Trabzonspor *4           Tur  20.115              Helsingborg IF @4        Swe  12.680
Heerenveen *3            Ned  20.103              Acad?®mica Coimbra        Por  11.069

* = team started in 1st qualifying round
** = team started in 2nd qualifying round
*3 = team started in 3rd qualifying round
*4 = team started in 4th qualifying round
@3 = qualified for 4th qualifying round from the
3rd qualifying round of the Champions League
@4 = qualified for the group stage from the
4th qualifying round of the Champions League

The way things have gone you can see us getting Rubin Kazan,Tel Aviv and Famagusta. Unless there is another combination which involve more travelling!!!

Saudi Sportswashing Machine could be in a real bitch of a group. A little surprised about how low they're coefficient is now

The whole qualifying thing is messed up. Twente have to play 4 rounds and will be top seeds in the group stage, but Academica Coimbra go straight into the groups as the potentially lowest ranked team.

there are some really good teams there - purely from a footballing perspective we could see some excellent groups drawn

id like Sparta Prague, Brugge and Malaga (don't think my bank manager would thank me)

but knowing us we'd get Zagreb,Napoli and Belgrade and never live to tell the tale :lol:

Last edited:
Saudi Sportswashing Machine could be in a real bitch of a group. A little surprised about how low they're coefficient is now

They only count your coefficient points from the last 5 seasons so if you havent competed in that time frame then you get the nations coefficient for the strength of the league, which is 3.25 I think? x 5

Based on the listed teams I would like a group of Stuttgart, Rosenborg and Academica de Coimbra.

there are some really good teams there - purely from a footballing perspective we could see some excellent groups drawn

id like Sparta Prague, Brugge and Malaga (don't think my bank manager would thank me)

but knowing us we'd get Zagreb,Napoli and Belgrade and never live to tell the tale :lol:

I'd imagine you could get a cheap flight like easy jet to Malaga, Brugge is a ferry and Prague is a European hotspot ..... So maybe not so bad!

I'd imagine you could get a cheap flight like easy jet to Malaga, Brugge is a ferry and Prague is a European hotspot ..... So maybe not so bad!
Ferry? fudging ferry?! Nah, go to Brussels the night before, and then it's only about an hour's train ride to Brugge.

Back