• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Group D - Croatia, Czech Republic, Spain, Turkey

Last night they were excellent. But I find a lot of their games dull, they have 70% possession and win 1-0 and the other team spends the entire game defending.

Well if they keep the ball it makes it harder for the other team to score, maybe that explains why they have only conceded 4 goals in the 12 matches they have played this year. I see that as intelligent defending

Well if they keep the ball it makes it harder for the other team to score, maybe that explains why they have only conceded 4 goals in the 12 matches they have played this year. I see that as intelligent defending

Not disputing that, it just doesn't make for a great spectacle that's all, not that they care of course as long as they win. They are much more entertaining than they were in 2012 with no striker.

Having said that, Iniesta is still a joy to watch, he's still up there with Messi and Ronaldo as one of the best players in the world, possibly 4th or 5th after the above and Suarez.

Having said that, Iniesta is still a joy to watch, he's still up there with Messi and Ronaldo as one of the best players in the world, possibly 4th or 5th after the above and Suarez.

I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. It is a shame that he will probably never win World Player of the Year

Not disputing that, it just doesn't make for a great spectacle that's all, not that they care of course as long as they win. They are much more entertaining than they were in 2012 with no striker.
I find it far more entertaining than the standard PL end-to-end nonsense of two teams that can't control/pass the ball and don't have a brain cell between them.

Last edited:
I find it far more entertaining than the standard PL end-to-end nonsense of two teams that can't control/pass the ball and don't have a brain cell between them.

When they actually attack and have shots they are a joy to watch. The football they played at Euro 2012 was dull up until the final. Possession for the sake of possession is pointless (attacking wise anyway). Germany dominate possession and tend to create more chances.

Did someone puke all over that Spain jersey? Haha, ugliest jersey I've seen since the early 90's.

Is Modric injured? Have to say, Croatia have impressed me. Looking good against a very good side. This hasn't been as easy for Spain add they've been used to lately.

If this result stand, it will be the first time since 2004 Spain lose an EC game. They've also won their last ten competitive games, conceeding no goals.

ClgHKA5WAAAVGp2.jpg

I thought the new rules said referees should be stricter on this.

It wasn't a penalty so justice was served. If the man behind the goal is supposed to spot this then he missed two things. No penalty and keeper rush.

Northern Ireland are guaranteed a last 16 spot unless Turkey score two more goals.

Nice. Even Turkey and Albania can go through if results go their way tomorrow. Will be an exciting last day of the group stages.

As it stands;

Slovakia / 4 points / 0gd (through)
Northern Ireland / 3p / 0gd (through)

Turkey / 3p / -2gd (scored 2 goals)
Albania / 3p / -2gd (scored 1 goal)

Belgium (3p), Iceland (2p), Portugal (2p), Austria (1p), Ireland (1p) and Sweden (1p) battling it out for the final two spots with Turkey and Albania. Belgium looking very likely to go through as the second placed team in their group, obviously. Same with Portugal, I dare say (with them being huge favorites to go through).

I'm going to guess that Belgium takes the second spot, Portugal edges it for a second spot as well. Sweden and Ireland will only manage a point each at max, I reckon, so I think Iceland or Austria might able to cop one of the last places, as well as Turkey.

Belgium, Portugal, Iceland/Austria and Turkey to go through. :)

Back