• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Group B - England, Russia, Slovakia, Wales

It's not the mouth thing. He has never been quick but he looks really leggy right now. When on top of his game he is much sharper in closing down the opposition. Also his touches seem lazier, lay offs looser.

He is not a machine you know. He has played non stop for nearly two years now with hardly a 3 week break last summer. He has played as a lone striker in all this time and for probably the most physically demanding managers at club level. Surely Harry is allowed to be at least mentally tired if not physically?

Or what are you trying to say that he is perfectly fine and everuone should ignore any potential tiredness just because in reality it's just his gaping mouth that makes him appear tired?

This sounds rather familiar to what some were saying about him at the beginning of the season during his dry spell - that he was looking leggy/tired and we should have another CF signed and playing instead... He then finished the season as top scorer

Seems like a narrative is being spun about Kane looking tired so we can moan about the same things as back then, rather than it actually being the case imo

This sounds rather familiar to what some were saying about him at the beginning of the season during his dry spell - that he was looking leggy/tired and we should have another CF signed and playing instead... He then finished the season as top scorer

Seems like a narrative is being spun about Kane looking tired so we can moan about the same things as back then, rather than it actually being the case imo

I disagree. I think people who said he was tired at the start of the season were wrong, he was fine, he just needed a bit more luck and a slight uptick in his finishing. I remember him missing one-on-ones v Everton, having a great volley cleared off the line v Arsenal (think that was the league cup game) and it seemed just a matter of time before he started scoring, despite what the naysayers were droning on about.

But I think that, right now, he does look a bit jaded and could do with a rest. He's not been terrible, but he just isn't quite there imo, and I think it is both physical and mental fatigue.

Fair enough, it's all opinions mate - I think he's looking anonymous because of a lack of service rather than not being involved because he's tired - he's had these types of games for us a few times before when opponents shut off the supply line.

Of course he will be feeling the effects of a long season as much as anyone else but the way England are setup isn't really beneficial for the CF, replace Sterling with someone who won't give the ball away at every opportunity and put Wheelchair in in place of Rooney to move the ball forward with more impetus and we'll get more out of our forward, whoever it is - I just hope Kane gets a chance to play with those kind of changes in place so he doesn't get the blame

Fair enough, it's all opinions mate - I think he's looking anonymous because of a lack of service rather than not being involved because he's tired - he's had these types of games for us a few times before when opponents shut off the supply line.

Of course he will be feeling the effects of a long season as much as anyone else but the way England are setup isn't really beneficial for the CF, replace Sterling with someone who won't give the ball away at every opportunity and put Wheelchair in in place of Rooney to move the ball forward with more impetus and we'll get more out of our forward, whoever it is - I just hope Kane gets a chance to play with those kind of changes in place so he doesn't get the blame

I agree with you there, playing with Sterling hasn't helped as he's been dreadful. Lallana has done well by Lallana standards, but in the end he just runs around a lot and isn't a very clever footballer.

Also, don't get the love for Sturridge right now. He was crap the other day imo. He pinged two shots over the bar, hit a looping cross which Ashley Williams turned into an assist for an offside Vardy. His goal was a decent 1-2 (made by Alli) but when you watch the finish, it was actually poor and should have been saved by the keeper. He's had 1 good season playing alongside Suarez (and I'd probably get 10 goals playing alongside him, he's so phucking good) and has been a crock ever since.

I wouldn't take Sturridge over Kane, ever. Kane is a better number 9 in almost every respect.

Also, don't get the love for Sturridge right now. He was crap the other day imo. He pinged two shots over the bar, hit a looping cross which Ashley Williams turned into an assist for an offside Vardy. His goal was a decent 1-2 (made by Alli) but when you watch the finish, it was actually poor and should have been saved by the keeper. He's had 1 good season playing alongside Suarez (and I'd probably get 10 goals playing alongside him, he's so phucking good) and has been a crock ever since.

I wouldn't take Sturridge over Kane, ever. Kane is a better number 9 in almost every respect.

Sturridge has scored 43 Prem goals in 69 games so to say he has only had one good season it just not true. His problem is he seems to be injury prone and because of that has missed a lot of games. He is also not a number 9 so the comparison with Kane is also unfair.

Sturridge has scored 43 Prem goals in 69 games so to say he has only had one good season it just not true. His problem is he seems to be injury prone and because of that has missed a lot of games. He is also not a number 9 so the comparison with Kane is also unfair.

It is absolutely true to say he has had one good season. Apart from the season alongside Suarez, his best league goal tallies are 11 for Chelsea (in 30 games) and 10 for Liverpool (in 14 games). He might have a decent goals/games ratio, but he has only had one good season, which I would define as scoring 20+ league goals (15+ at a push).

And if people are talking about playing him instead of Kane, then that's in the number 9 position, so it's not an unfair comparison either.

Also, 43 in 69 is his record for Liverpool -- again, half of those goals in his one good season alongside Suarez. His career record (Premier League games) is 69 in 165 games.

It is absolutely true to say he has had one good season. Apart from the season alongside Suarez, his best league goal tallies are 11 for Chelsea (in 30 games) and 10 for Liverpool (in 14 games). He might have a decent goals/games ratio, but he has only had one good season, which I would define as scoring 20+ league goals (15+ at a push).

And if people are talking about playing him instead of Kane, then that's in the number 9 position, so it's not an unfair comparison either.

Also, 43 in 69 is his record for Liverpool -- again, half of those goals in his one good season alongside Suarez. His career record (Premier League games) is 69 in 165 games.

As i said he has had a lot of injurys but even without what you call his one good season he has still a decent record of 22 goals in 40 games for L'pool.

He is not a number 9 so ( imo) it is a unfair comparison for me he would play instead of Sterling, but Stop! Hammer time but i can not agree with your comment that he is crap and he is not the same type of player as Kane so again i could not disagree more with you saying they can be compared.

But I think that, right now, he does look a bit jaded and could do with a rest. He's not been terrible, but he just isn't quite there imo, and I think it is both physical and mental fatigue.

That is key for me, he just looks a little jaded. I would rather England got knocked out and he spent 6 weeks with the missus in Majorca.

As i said he has had a lot of injurys but even without what you call his one good season he has still a decent record of 22 goals in 40 games for L'pool.

He is not a number 9 so ( imo) it is a unfair comparison for me he would play instead of Sterling, but Stop! Hammer time but i can not agree with your comment that he is crap and he is not the same type of player as Kane so again i could not disagree more with you saying they can be compared.

I don't think he is crap, I thought he was a bit crap in the game the other day though. He is a good player but I think he is over-rated because of his season alongside Suarez. My argument is that he isn't, imo, a better player than Kane. Although it's legitimate to want Harry benched based on the two games so far, I don't believe Sturridge will make a huge difference to the team. IMO, Kane is a considerably better player than Sturridge.

That would give me mental fatigue.

16510e70-75c6-49a6-b5ee-9e8f8653b5e2_400.jpg

England set to make 6 changes for tomorrow.

Lineup set to be:

Hart; Clyne, Smalling, Cahill, Bertrand; Henderson, Dier, Wheelchair; Sturridge, Vardy, Lallana

Or that he has no fudgeing clue
I'd have said that before the tournament but he's almost been picking our best players so he must nearly have a clue, at least.

Don't know how to explain him dropping all the good players now though.

Back