• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Group B - England, Russia, Slovakia, Wales

Worried for Kane, thats the last we'll see him of him for England this tournamnet i'd say. Confidence player, could effect him next season. Should never have put him on a pedastool and added pressure by taking corners and freekicks. Was always going to invite criticism.

I'm quite happy, the lad obviously needs a rest, and not playing will make sure he's not a spacegoat when England crash out of the Euros. He'd be disappointed, but there's no chance this will affect his confidence next season.

players are coached and coached and coached to do the right thing, that's all you can rightly expect
Yeah but there are variables in football that cannot be controlled and that causes the unpredictability. The game is played in reality not on a playstation

Kane won't shrink from the challenge. We've all read about how determined he is and leaves no stone unturned in his desire to improve.
He'll go away and analyse why he hasn't managed to perform at the levels required at a major tournament. He struggled at last year's U-21 tournament too. I've no doubt he will come back fighting. He's probably borderline 3rd/4th choice now but hopefully he will come on 2nd half against Slovakia and play himself back into contention.
Sometimes its beneficial not to be in the starting XI at the start of a major tournament because quite often the XI that starts the tournament isn't the one that ends up being first choice for the remainder.

Are you an England fan?

I'm English (sadly).

I apologise for repeating myself, but people put far to much stock in goals, it clouds the issue, goals are a byproduct of good football, keeping possession and manipulation of the opposition is the means to winning a game. There will be a clamour for Sturrudge to start now but he was greedy and wasteful.

Yeah but there are variables in football that cannot be controlled and that causes the unpredictability. The game is played in reality not on a playstation

I disagree with that but thats not the point.

Outcome does not always justify a decision. Lets turn this around, had that header been won by an England head and the flag gone up would anyone be congratulating Vardy on "gambling" or would he have been lambasted for straying offside, they way we always used to have a go at Defoe?

I'm English (sadly).

I apologise for repeating myself, but people put far to much stock in goals, it clouds the issue, goals are a byproduct of good football, keeping possession and manipulation of the opposition is the means to winning a game. There will be a clamour for Sturrudge to start now but he was greedy and wasteful.
Ahhhaaa again your opinion that goals are overrated. Now I understand where you are coming from. Jeez you must have been p!ssed off that England scored 2.:)

England weren't behind at halftime because of Harry, and didn't win because harry got subbed. They created very little, not his fault. Blame hart and sterling.
Harry is knackered. Played over 60 games and at a higher intensity all on his own up front because of Pochs tactics and demands. He is nowhere as sharp and effective as he could be

I disagree with that but thats not the point.

Outcome does not always justify a decision. Lets turn this around, had that header been won by an England head and the flag gone up would anyone be congratulating Vardy on "gambling" or would he have been lambasted for straying offside, they way we always used to have a go at Defoe?
I would always prefer the player to gamble and would always consider it just that if he was caught offside

Ahhhaaa again your opinion that goals are overrated. Now I understand where you are coming from. Jeez you must have been p!ssed off that England scored 2.:)

I must admit I surprised myself with my celebration of the Sturridge goal, I was in company after all. I was delighted with the win, i'd rather it had come from ability rather than fortune.

I guess it all hails back to my education, specifically maths, showing how you got to the answer is more important than the answer itself.

Harry is knackered. Played over 60 games and at a higher intensity all on his own up front because of Pochs tactics and demands. He is nowhere as sharp and effective as he could be
I agree. Alli wasn't great either. The high demands of the Poch press looks to be having a toll on their energy levels.

Very true. England created nothing for him, sterling is a joke who could have got a Welsh MOTM for space he denied Harry. So it so easy to defend.

I don't think there any many better keepers than Hart at the Euro's, De Gea obviously stands out but Hart is no worse than any of the rest and far better than most.

No shame in conceding to Bale from a FK.

Back