• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

gee I wonder if some fundamental difference to the game happened around that time, I dunno, something like the major tournament suddenly getting much bigger

Come on mate, we are bricking on the club, no time for logic or nuance

- The fact that it escapes most people that in our most successful periods in a 140 years history, we just about managed 2 trophies per decade
- Add in PL & CL era, the dominance of first the CL money clubs and then the money doping clubs, you have context.

It's why I have zero faith this club will ever be fun again to follow, unless we really get bought by an oil state, the average expectation is way out of line with reality.

From twitter...
9af517848e377e476871cbf2e9acdbdf.jpg
Counting the charity shield (or whatever it's called now) as a trophy?:rolleyes:
If that's the case need to count the Audi and Walter Tull trophies under ENIC...

- The fact that it escapes most people that in our most successful periods in a 140 years history, we just about managed 2 trophies per decade
- Add in PL & CL era, the dominance of first the CL money clubs and then the money doping clubs, you have context.

It's why I have zero faith this club will ever be fun again to follow, unless we really get bought by an oil state, the average expectation is way out of line with reality.

I don’t think I’d enjoy that, I’m quite happy with the long term strategy, if we do ever win the league or CL we’ll have done it better than anybody else in recent history.

I don’t think I’d enjoy that, I’m quite happy with the long term strategy, if we do ever win the league or CL we’ll have done it better than anybody else in recent history.

Exactly the same here, and people conveniently forget where we were before Enic took over and how much work was needed to close the gap on what were frankly 10-20 year legacy clubs like Man United and Arsenal at the time who were dominating whilst we had stagnated under Sugar in mid table obscurity, sometimes lower. Also doing so when the dirty money started coming in to other clubs like Chelsea etc.

Being a long suffering Spurs fans I find it easy to rationalise where we have been, where we are and where the vision is going and think we are doing pretty well TBH, yes I have expectations that we should be taking points off Villa at home and not have the manager cry in public about lack or resources, but much rather there than the weird notion we should be winning the league and the expectation is now to have a change of owner....thats one I can't rationalise TBH

Last edited:
Counting the charity shield (or whatever it's called now) as a trophy?:rolleyes:
If that's the case need to count the Audi and Walter Tull trophies under ENIC...

Ignoring the charity shield it is still grim to see the facts. To make it worse, ENIC have done nothing to suggest that they will buck the trend ... with one bad decision to the next.

I think they should just say it how it is, they are here for a massive payday when they sell the club eventually but until then make do with what we have.

The stadium investment is there to fatten up profit when they sell and keep us looking ripe and relavent.

Off the field done very very well, but again it's for their gain.

Our club is being used as a tool to make people wealthy on the backs of supporters. If you can't see that, then good luck.

Ignoring the charity shield it is still grim to see the facts. To make it worse, ENIC have done nothing to suggest that they will buck the trend ... with one bad decision to the next.

I think they should just say it how it is, they are here for a massive payday when they sell the club eventually but until then make do with what we have.

The stadium investment is there to fatten up profit when they sell and keep us looking ripe and relavent.

Our club is being used as a tool to make people wealthy on the backs of supporters. If you can't see that, then good luck.
This is Glory Glory, the last bastion of the ENIC love in.
Those words mean nothing here, all hail the cult of ENIC

Yes ENIC are Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Jesus Wept

One bad decision to the next doesn't bring any club from mid table with one year in Europe in 15 years to fighting at the top of the table and 15 years in a row in Europe with 5 out of 7 in the Champions League.
That's not even bringing into the improvements off the pitch. Pure hyperbole about ENIC.

To say that ENIC don't want success but want to make as much profit as possible makes zero sense. If we were successful we'd be worth much more.

But if you can't see any of that....

One bad decision to the next doesn't bring any club from mid table with one year in Europe in 15 years to fighting at the top of the table and 15 years in a row in Europe with 5 out of 7 in the Champions League.
That's not even bringing into the improvements off the pitch. Pure hyperbole about ENIC.

To say that ENIC don't want success but want to make as much profit as possible makes zero sense. If we were successful we'd be worth much more.

But if you can't see any of that....
Depends how you see it…
We had 2 seasons in Europe under Sugar, ENIC came in 2001 and we reached Europe under them for the first time in 2006 so potentially yes 1 season in fifteen years prior to our return but five of those were under ENIC themselves, who made bold declarations when sol Campbell left that we would see him in the champions league, unfortunately we didn’t because it took us a further non years to get there

we have had I believe six seasons in the champions league, one under redknapp, one now under Conten and four under Poch. Let’s see where we end up this time but I would say those four seasons of champions league were far more down to Poch than the owners given the outlier over their reign.

It’s been 22 years under their ownership, we still lack any clear footballing strategy from the owners( in my
Opinion ) . Yes we may be worth much more if we were successful but is the risk of doing that worth the reward to ENIC, I suspect not…

Depends how you see it…
We had 2 seasons in Europe under Sugar, ENIC came in 2001 and we reached Europe under them for the first time in 2006 so potentially yes 1 season in fifteen years prior to our return but five of those were under ENIC themselves, who made bold declarations when sol Campbell left that we would see him in the champions league, unfortunately we didn’t because it took us a further non years to get there

we have had I believe six seasons in the champions league, one under redknapp, one now under Conten and four under Poch. Let’s see where we end up this time but I would say those four seasons of champions league were far more down to Poch than the owners given the outlier over their reign.

It’s been 22 years under their ownership, we still lack any clear footballing strategy from the owners( in my
Opinion ) . Yes we may be worth much more if we were successful but is the risk of doing that worth the reward to ENIC, I suspect not…

the strategy is obvious, spend what we make on making the club better

Back