• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I mean let's say the Royal family took over spurs would we as fans look at them with the same disdain? After all that family have had some real shockers consistently throughout the world for a longer time than the qataris.

The reality is, where there is big money there is some sort of distasteful history behind it.

False equivalence

View attachment 14907
But look at growth of TV deals that coincides with fresh injection of foreign funds.

everyone benefited...

All that shows is a steady rise in tv money in line with more platforms getting on board as and when they became a thing, more competition there drives up prices. The PL has always been the richest league with the richest clubs, take City & Chelsea out and that remains the same with the top clubs in England still able to out muscle most in Europe for the best players.

Except this isn't about history, it's what is still going on there.

What's going on there that is outside of their religious beliefs ? I dont agree obviously but the Royal family have never apologised for their wrong doings to this day as it would open up a can of worms with compensation... they simply circumvent the issue by acknowledging the past. What they have done still has major repercussions throughout the world to this very day. So not really history.

Further to this the payoff of Prince Andrew to this very day ... anyway back on topic...

What's going on there that is outside of their religious beliefs ? I dont agree obviously but the Royal family have never apologised for their wrong doings to this day as it would open up a can of worms with compensation... they simply circumvent the issue by acknowledging the past. What they have done still has major repercussions throughout the world to this very day. So not really history.

Further to this the payoff of Prince Andrew to this very day ... anyway back on topic...
It is history, the current members of the royal family didn't carry out the atrocities that their ancestors did.
Do a quick search on human rights in Qatar and you'll see what they are doing. Religious beliefs isn't an excuse to treat women as second class citizens etc. Saying that, Qatar isn't the worst of the middle east countries and are taking steps in the right direction but still have a long way to go.

The PL was the no.1 domestic league for worldwide tv rights & sponsorship dating back prior to Abramovich taking over Chelsea and is the reason why he & Dubai joined to sportswash here in the first place. Not sure how other clubs are complicit, they have no final say on the decision to allow clubs to be bought & sold to whoever, that's the PLs job (?) and the clubs can't implement and ensure that FFP gets policed properly, once again this is the leagues job.

That said the complaints here aren't so much about the money or a sugar daddy so much as they are about where this money is coming from and the type of regime we will be associating ourselves with.

Not quite true. The pl has it's own spending rules that it polices itself. Emirates Marketing Project have been under investigation for over 4 years. A judge even told them to hurry about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-still-investigating-manchester-city-over-ffp

Lord Justice Males noted the time that had elapsed since the Premier League launched its investigation. “This is an investigation which commenced in December 2018. It is surprising, and a matter of legitimate public concern, that so little progress has been made after two and a half years – during which, it may be noted, the club has twice been crowned as Premier League champions,” he said.

It is history, the current members of the royal family didn't carry out the atrocities that their ancestors did.
Do a quick search on human rights in Qatar and you'll see what they are doing. Religious beliefs isn't an excuse to treat women as second class citizens etc. Saying that, Qatar isn't the worst of the middle east countries and are taking steps in the right direction but still have a long way to go.

However the blood money still lines their coffers and still holds them in some sort of control and maintains their status and roles.

And i completely agree with the religion issue with the countries affiliated. Just making a point that if you look at the money it's usually from appalling means.

However the blood money still lines their coffers and still holds them in some sort of control and maintains their status and roles.

And i completely agree with the religion issue with the countries affiliated. Just making a point that if you look at the money it's usually from appalling means.
No, they hold their status and roles because the British public haven't demanded the roles are done away with. Anyway, going a bit off topic here...

To be fair, after all the fashion crimes committed by Mr Byrite in the 70s and 80s, what’s a bit of executions, misogyny and homophobia?

I think it will be £1bn for 25% of new shares with it being used to clear the debt and the rest given to Paratici. I think they will also announce QSI’s involvement in phase 3 of the NDP and wider regeneration of Tottenham.

I think we will also announce a naming rights deal with a separate entity at the same time.
No one's paying down the debt unless they're stupid.

https://theathletic.com/4071731/2023/01/11/levy-enic-spurs-protests?source=user-shared-article

I do find the lack of self awareness of the media facinating some times, constantly messaging how Spurs has "failed", never credit for anything, constantly running articles about our manager leaving, constantly trying to sell our best players, constantly praising sides that are running models that are destructive to the league/game and then ask "I wonder why the fans we constantly tell their club isn't doing enough are angry"

No one's paying down the debt unless they're stupid.

I find the debt question a bit tiresome. People seem to hear "1 billion of debt for the stadium" and assume we're the next Leeds. Don't we have that debt secured against a very low interest rate whereby the additional revenue generated by the stadium will easily cover the repayments and then add some money to the coffers which was the whole point in the first place?

I find the debt question a bit tiresome. People seem to hear "1 billion of debt for the stadium" and assume we're the next Leeds. Don't we have that debt secured against a very low interest rate whereby the additional revenue generated by the stadium will easily cover the repayments and then add some money to the coffers which was the whole point in the first place?

We leave in a world where people just shout whatever stupid brick is in their head, usually something placed there by a click bait headline.

I really wonder if you went back to Spurs fans 10 years ago and said
- You would have the best stadium and training ground in the country
- Harry Kane would be still our player and on course to be club, country and PL record holder
- You would have played in 5 of the last 7 CL campaigns including reaching a final
- You would have Conte as a manager (in most peoples top 5 managers in the world?)

And in season, the club would be 5th, 2 points off 3rd and fans will be chanting for ENIC/Levy out ... what would those versions of us say?

We leave in a world where people just shout whatever stupid brick is in their head, usually something placed there by a click bait headline.

- Harry Kane would be still our player and on course to be club, country and PL record holder
- You would have played in 5 of the last 7 CL campaigns including reaching a final
- You would have Conte as a manager (in most peoples top 5 managers in the world?)

And in season, the club would be 5th, 2 points off 3rd and fans will be chanting for ENIC/Levy out ... what would those versions of us say?

Mate, I'd imagine most would ask you what we'd won in that time, and understand the situation pretty easily when you reply 'fudge all'.

In fact, doubt most would even need to ask - in the list you provided, trophies are pretty conspicuous by their absence, and people would cotton on to why they weren't mentioned. So not quite as simple as that, imo.

Mate, I'd imagine most would ask you what we'd won in that time, and understand the situation pretty easily when you reply 'fudge all'.

In fact, doubt most would even need to ask - in the list you provided, trophies are pretty conspicuous by their absence, and people would cotton on to why they weren't mentioned. So not quite as simple as that, imo.
The difference being, if you ask a long list of other teams supporters 'what Tottenham fans are moaning about' they would give you a blank look. Then tell them what they're moaning about and they'd laugh.

Of course, we look at these things thru the goldfish bowl lense of THFC. But occasionally it nice to stick your head above the surface and just gain some perspective of where you are in the world.

It's never enough...the problem with the naysayers is the options of 'what we should be doing' are reducing down to basically spend like an oligarch/oil state/cheat code club.

The difference being, if you ask a long list of other teams supporters 'what Tottenham fans are moaning about' they would give you a blank look. Then tell them what they're moaning about and they'd laugh.

Of course, we look at these things thru the goldfish bowl lense of THFC. But occasionally it nice to stick your head above the surface and just gain some perspective of where you are in the world.

Somebody mentioned in the Pompey thread that he was talking to a Man U fan who had just turned up to see the NWHL. There was a time when OT was a tourist spot to be admired. We could be a lot worse off.

I have never understood how a team that is not at the top, who hasn’t been consistently successful in 60 years is seen as a failure? If anything surely we should be praised at getting to where we are from where we were in the 90’s early 00’s to kind of rubbing shoulders with the big boys without having a major injection of cash.

If this was a Brentford or a Saudi Sportswashing Machine it will be praised and seen as a tremendous accomplishment.

I have never understood how a team that is not at the top, who hasn’t been consistently successful in 60 years is seen as a failure? If anything surely we should be praised at getting to where we are from where we were in the 90’s early 00’s to kind of rubbing shoulders with the big boys without having a major injection of cash.

If this was a Brentford or a Saudi Sportswashing Machine it will be praised and seen as a tremendous accomplishment.

There is something around Spurs ..

- West Ham gets a free stadium, manages one run to 6th (their first in 19 or so years) -> great job, well run, must be praised
- Spurs in top six, 12 out of the last 13 years having paid for their own stadium -> brick, where's the trophies?
- The whole the last decade is the only decade Spurs hasn't won a trophy again is a narrative to create a perspective that Spurs ever won trophies in the volume of an elite club. Our best decade ever was 5 trophies, we have less than 20 in 140 years. SAF, Pep, Jose all have more trophies in their career than Spurs has as a club.

I get 1 trophy in the last two decades is poor, is a disappointment and yes, we all want more. But this pretense that (ignoring all the caveats in that time, City/Chelsea/Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Covid, stadium build) it's an absolute disaster and the club management has done so badly (again, as vs. who? the only consistently not cheat code club that has seen success in last decade is Pool) is just such an odd narrative.

Somebody mentioned in the Pompey thread that he was talking to a Man U fan who had just turned up to see the NWHL. There was a time when OT was a tourist spot to be admired. We could be a lot worse off.

Difference being that United were winning trophies left, right and centre at that time.

Back