• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

3. I'm not Levy, but we were talking about the motives behind Levy. You only have to go back to his rangers days when he clearly said football is only a way of engineering massive profits.

yeah there are load of ways of engineering massive profits. levy could have made much more money away from spurs then he has being our chairman over the last 20 years

Yeah we were so close for two out of 20 years could have won a few things along the way had either of these two managers had their wishes for players that they wanted.

Well if you count finals & semi finals then it's more than 2 out of 20 that we have been competitive - probaly closer to 10 years that we have been competitive in a cup competition.

I remember back when they took over and we as a fanbase were desperate to just get European football - now we want heads to roll if we miss out on CL. That shift in target is down to their ownership and strides taken forward.

Last edited:
yeah there are load of ways of engineering massive profits. levy could have made much more money away from spurs then he has being our chairman over the last 20 years

And you know this. Tonight's lottery numbers please ...

Levy is also a shareholder in ENIC I think he will get a massive chunk if and when he sells. THAT my friend is a fact, you are just speaking hypothetical chat.

Genuine question but how?
Given he was an employee and then an owner of ENIc

Someone tell me Levy is here to make us successful on the pitch over making a personal fortune after reading the above.

Take a step back and try to get some perspective would be my suggestion - it's the modern footballing landscape and yes, our position in the food chain that is the biggest contributing factor to the lack of tangible success at Tottenham over the years ENIC have been in charge - a change in owners, unless super rich and willing to invest will not see an about turn in fortunes. They will still be behind 4-5 clubs domestically in terms of wealth and so always fighting an uphill battle to compete.

That isn't to say that they shouldn't be criticised for bad decisions - since leaving WHL we have seemingly lurched from major bad decision to major bad decision - appointing a DoF and a top tier manager like Conte is a good sign that they are trying to fix it
Conte is a good appointment if he is provided with the right environment to do his work, from his interview ( whilst I don’t think it was a complaint) indicates to me that it’s circumstances that’s he’s not used to( I’d also caveat that with the fact he has walked into this with his eyes open in my opinion) but I see no evidence of ENIC changing their ways( and again this isn’t just to do with spending money but the descisions they make)

yeah, either that or pizza really is magic and everyone is asthmatic

we can compete with those who have similar finances, the infrastructure we have invested in will continue to increase our finances over time, we will get closer in future from a sustainable base

our place on the food chain will change too, as we begin to reap the benefits of the improved infrastructure, and as those who built on sand, fall away

ultimately, my point is, to answer your original question, yes we suck it up for now, because it's obviously going to get better, what else can you do?
So basically from saying accept our place in the food chain you are now saying our place will in the food chain will change.

And of course we have to rely on hope that others will fall away magically and in the interim we don’t fall further behind and they don’t pull further away.

Great long term plan that, blimey why can’t we have all faith in ENIC after you have explained it like that

My only complaints with ENIC and Levy are not replacing Mitchell when he went on gardening leave.

The type of players we sign and thinking waiting till the last day of the window offers you value over getting a deal done for a player earlier in the window(compared to skillet of player we sign at end of window)

Money spent is not a big deal for me, I want us to work clever. Which is why I would sell the training ground to an nfl london based club and have the football side train in the local park. Since the new training ground has been in operation we do not seem to be improving players which for me means it has been a massive waste of time and money.

Well if you count finals & semi finals then it's more than 2 out of 20 that we have been competitive - probaly closer to 10 years that we have been competitive for a cup competition.

I remember back when they took over and we as a fanbase were desperate to just get European football - now we want heads to roll if we miss out on CL. That shift in target is down to their ownership and strides taken forward.
That was a combination of the absence of European football due to heysel and the sugar years

that ENIC are an improvement on Sugar is not an endorsement of them as owners

Also( and this is directed at you) some of the comments of fans being fickle are laughable.

ENIC have been in charge for twenty one years, I was graduating the summer they took over. It’s been a long time so it’s no surprise that fans are questioning them

are your motivations and desires exactly the same as they were 20 years ago?

Yeah, enjoy time with friends and family, live a comfortable life, travel when and where I wish, take care of those close to me, eat and drink well, enjoy life.

So basically from saying accept our place in the food chain you are now saying our place will in the food chain will change.

And of course we have to rely on hope that others will fall away magically and in the interim we don’t fall further behind and they don’t pull further away.

Great long term plan that, blimey why can’t we have all faith in ENIC after you have explained it like that

that's not a contradictory statement, I say both, we have to cut our cloth accordingly

it's not hope, its inevitable, there was a time when Leeds and Boro were signing the players we wanted, look what happened to them

Reactions: DTA
We had the training ground for two seasons prior to cl and we had cl and fourth place finishes prior to the training ground, we have also slipped out of the top four and towards mid table with the new stadium and the training facilities

yes they may be positive contributors but I suggest the biggest contributor was a great footballing descision by ENIC to hire Poch and the major contributor to our fall was the descision not to strengthen from a position of strength and then finally spend some money and then sack the manager who identified the targets

as I’ve been at pains to point out it’s not just the spending of money by ENIC but their descisions on the footballing side and after 20 years I charge I can’t really see things changing

OK, so may be positive contribution. Agreed that we can't know for sure, but it cannot possibly be a negative and most likely a good nudge in the right direction.

Yes,great decision to hire Pochettino. There have been good and bad appointments as there is at any club. When Levy gets those right the results follow. Can criticise Levy for getting too many decisions wrong in that regard, but from where I'm seeing things I'm not seeing that Levy is particularly bad in that regard. I have little hope that a new chairman would be better.

Yeah, enjoy time with friends and family, live a comfortable life, travel when and where I wish, take care of those close to me, eat and drink well, enjoy life.

fair enough, mine have changed a lot, I really care about my kids now, twenty years ago they didn't exist

That was a combination of the absence of European football due to heysel and the sugar years

that ENIC are an improvement on Sugar is not an endorsement of them as owners

Also( and this is directed at you) some of the comments of fans being fickle are laughable.

ENIC have been in charge for twenty one years, I was graduating the summer they took over. It’s been a long time so it’s no surprise that fans are questioning them

This is the first real period of on the pitch regression since they got their feet under the table (post Arnesen) and it's brought a real level of toxicity from the fanbase - personally I'd call that fickle

Someone tell me Levy is here to make us successful on the pitch over making a personal fortune after reading the above.

He's clearly not, I'm not seeing an argument that he is. If you want you can hope for an owner that wouldn't be like that, I think the chances of a switch being negative is at least as big as it being positive.

Success on the pitch increases the value of the club. Levy's primary objective and that of the club is mostly in alignment. That's all we can realistically hope for imo.

Reactions: DTA
Back