• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Less than two months ago The Telegraph reported: "Emmanuel Adebayor has converted to Islam in a ceremony recorded and posted to YouTube."

Today the same newspaper is reporting: "Adebayor is understood to have then consulted his pastor over the prospect of moving to the Midlands".

An Islamic pastor? Really?

I'm not a huge fan of Adebayor, but the fact is; both those stories can't be true.

Prior to his conversion, perhaps.

How on earth does putting him on gardening leave help us or him even??

Poch gets paid money from our club to do a job, so does Ade.

I doubt our other players will care for his beliefs they will care for what he does on the pitch.

I am saying Poch should be a big man and admit that we need to build bridges with Ade and quickly.....of course none of us wanted this but thats the way it is.

Benefits of a reintegrated focused Ade if Poch does his job and eats some humble pie
-less pressure on Harrys young shoulders
-we are not pis*ing away 5m for a year for nothing
-we have more options in our squad and a player who we know can score goals at this level
-Ade in contract year...you never know he may want to show he still has it!

Sometimes in life we have to accept things we dont like! I hate it but I can see how placing him on gardening leave helps us?

Sometimes you need a bit of compassion in life.... offering a way back, Poch should thrash it out with Ade for the benefit of our club! I would hope he can grasp this.

I agree mate. Can't stand the guy, but given how we only have 1 striker in the entire fecking squad, what other choice do we have?

It's ridiculous that it has come to the stage where we may have to consider the notion of reintegrating him because we don't have anyone else.

Prior to his conversion, perhaps.
Not according to The Telegraph. They reported the conversion two months ago (start of July), and claim he "consulted his pastor" after his medical at Villa (end of July).

I have no idea what the truth of the matter is. But I'm not entirely sure The Telegraph do either.

He's also been paid to build a squad. If he thinks that a player would be detrimental to that, then he has a right to say that he does not want them and expect his employers to back his decision.

Others are in charge of building our squad and in certain respects the people above him have let him down massively in that regard!

Poch gets paid to win football matches!

Please tell me in what way not finding common ground with Ade helps him in said course!

I agree mate. Can't stand the guy, but given how we only have 1 striker in the entire fecking squad, what other choice do we have?

It's ridiculous that it has come to the stage where we may have to consider the notion of reintegrating him because we don't have anyone else.

Thank you Jurgen...

let me cling onto you :) feel like I am losing the plot.

I agree its a poopy turn of events but what other choices do we have??

There are still lots of places in the world where the window is still open. We could still offload him to the Middle East or Russia for example

None where you can commute from London though. Maybe a club in the Middle East will let him train on his own and only fly out for matches. How many mysterious injuries can he come up with?

i want this dude gone so bad.
pig sick.

I see the point you are making and I accept it.

If you dont feel I have made any relevant points then fair enough, if you think I am speaking cod-sh** then also feel free to tell me.

Please bear in mind I want whats best for the club I love, Harry needs some help up top and someone else to shoulder the burden, we are paying a striker 5m a year....to do what exactly?

If we dont even try to offer Ade a way back after this transfer deadline debacle then we are only harming ourselves even more imo and making a dire situation even worse.

You think I want to join an Ade fan club? wrong....I want whats best for the club we both support.
i'm just wondering how far you're willing to let someone go before you say "enough is enough, i support this club for a reason"
you know , i genuinely love tottenham. i'm being serious..its actually quite sad and pathetic in some ways.

i'm sitting here listening to a footballer greedy as fudging fudge using every excuse known to man to get his money because he knows he wont get that money every again..anywhere else unless he performs to a galactic level. his presence is most like extremely disruptive in the back room, the manager or owner probably want him out...but yet he is clinging to the money for dear life..and throwing GHod into the mix of excuses..at the expense of our club.

you realise than in Ade you have a player that is shaking us down. Literally ripping us off for what he is NOT worth. he is actually holding US to ransom..forcing us to keep reliving the mistake of paying him 100K a week..Ade earns 100 THOUSAND POUNDS A WEEK!!! His morals are basement level, his talent is eratic....his attitude can be bad....and he can he a prick . the manager doesnt want him...we tried to get rid of him for nothing..but this guy sticks to us like a fat drunken fly on brick..not wanting to leave its big meal...it is completely and utterly selfish..

..and the most annoying part? he brings GHod into the whole thing like GHod cares where His Children kick a pig skin for mone

this man is verging on being an automatic irritation to me

If he thought that it would be detrimental to squad moral, cohesion and the development of our young squad.

development of players is their own destiny, how can they use Ade as an excuse.

Bentaleb cant blame his misplaced passed on Ade's existence
Kane cant claim he does not have 3 goals already because of Ade's existence...you get the point

Of course Ade plays for himself....but we HAVE to try to integrate him.

Milo we need to use him like he is using us to pick up big wages.

I am not saying Poch needs to snog Ade behind the bikesheds at the end of every training session....but why cant they both realise that it harms each others career prospects to carry on as we are. It doesnt have to be a loving arrangment and it will end in a year.....but it helps us a club....I hope the powers at be realise this.

Oh good heavens man.

you know what.....you deserve guys like ade..cause you are willing to put up with him and reward him for the kind of person he is

a guy comes here, we overpay him, he takes home the most out of anyone . does so under false pretences , plays not up to the standard of his wage, we try to cut our loses, he refuses to let go, he is most likely and INFLUENTIAL disruptive personality...and after all this...whats the course of action?

Lets play him

:(

where does it end?

actually Jurgen seriously..where is your limit, what would he have to do for you to think "i dont want this kind of human being to represent me and my club"

wait...is there a reason we couldnt play one of our whole host of wing forwards as a striker?

why is it just kane or complete bust all of a sudden?

It isn't. We have lots of attacking midfielders and forwards that can play in a number of combinations. If it's just a big target man we need there's always Fazio.

development of players is their own destiny, how can they use Ade as an excuse.

Bentaleb cant blame his misplaced passed on Ade's existence
Kane cant claim he does not have 3 goals already because of Ade's existence...you get the point

Of course Ade plays for himself....but we HAVE to try to integrate him.

Milo we need to use him like he is using us to pick up big wages.

I am not saying Poch needs to snog Ade behind the bikesheds at the end of every training session....but why cant they both realise that it harms each others career prospects to carry on as we are. It doesnt have to be a loving arrangment and it will end in a year.....but it helps us a club....I hope the powers at be realise this.

you are kidding me??!!!

so why do young players need "role models"?

whats the need for experience in a squad?

its actually something that happens in every single walk of life let alone football....a dominant personality either encouraging or leading people astray.

you honestly cant see how one human being can have a negative impact in a community?

no wonder this is easy for you and jurgen

Ade is fast looking like a poison to me and a potent one at that

i want this dude gone so bad.

i'm just wondering how far you're willing to let someone go before you say "enough is enough, i support this club for a reason"
you know , i genuinely love tottenham. i'm being serious..its actually quite sad and pathetic in some ways.

i'm sitting here listening to a footballer greedy as fudgeing fudge using every excuse known to man to get his money because he knows he wont get that money every again..anywhere else unless he performs to a galactic level. his presence is most like extremely disruptive in the back room, the manager or owner probably want him out...but yet he is clinging to the money for dear life..and throwing GHod into the mix of excuses..at the expense of our club.

you realise than in Ade you have a player that is shaking us down. Literally ripping us off for what he is NOT worth. he is actually holding US to ransom..forcing us to keep reliving the mistake of paying him 100K a week..Ade earns 100 THOUSAND POUNDS A WEEK!!! His morals are basement level, his talent is eratic....his attitude can be bad....and he can he a prick . the manager doesnt want him...we tried to get rid of him for nothing..but this guy sticks to us like a fat drunken fly on ****..not wanting to leave its big meal...it is completely and utterly selfish..

..and the most annoying part? he brings GHod into the whole thing like GHod cares where His Children kick a pig skin for mone

this man is verging on being an automatic irritation to me

I would go as far as I had to! I would eat the plate of DogS**T that is sucking up to Ade if it HELPED our club!

Dont assume I dont agree with most of what you have said.

Its a horrific situation, but I dont want us to fail this season....I dont want us to sack another manager and start another project.

The situation cannot change until January. Admit it we need to give ourselves a chance, we need to move beyond personal feelings and act in a way that helps us.

oh christ I dunno what else to say :(

It isn't. We have lots of attacking midfielders and forwards that can play in a number of combinations. If it's just a big target man we need there's always Fazio.

Play dier there..that kids amazing...he even looks like Aquaman / Clark Kent.

he can do anything

I called bale as a CF before nearly anyone here

i'll stick my neck out and say Dier can play the 9 position LOL

Oh good heavens man.

you know what.....you deserve guys like ade..cause you are willing to put up with him and reward him for the kind of person he is

a guy comes here, we overpay him, he takes home the most out of anyone . does so under false pretences , plays not up to the standard of his wage, we try to cut our loses, he refuses to let go, he is most likely and INFLUENTIAL disruptive personality...and after all this...whats the course of action?

Lets play him

:(

where does it end?

actually Jurgen seriously..where is your limit, what would he have to do for you to think "i dont want this kind of human being to represent me and my club"

I get all of that. But once again, what other choice do we have? It's only a stopgap until January. Actually scratch that, we can pretty much guarantee we won't sign one in January as we rarely do so it's only a stopgap until the summer. Personally, I don't want to fall out of the top 6, if that means playing that clam Ade then so be it.

I would go as far as I had to! I would eat the plate of DogS**T that is sucking up to Ade if it HELPED our club!

Dont assume I dont agree with most of what you have said.

Its a horrific situation, but I dont want us to fail this season....I dont want us to sack another manager and start another project.

The situation cannot change until January. Admit it we need to give ourselves a chance, we need to move beyond personal feelings and act in a way that helps us.

oh christ I dunno what else to say :(

you dont understand , if you give in to PLAYERS, the club, YOUR club has already lost.

You are placing the player power over the club power. right now Ade is walking all over your face trying to get you do agree to at least a 3 month tea bagging exercise.

he is doing what he wants and you are saying "fine you got me, your will is stronger than Tottenham"

players are going to look at us like a bunch of spineless muppets they can take fora ride

Back