• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I disagree. If the manager does not want him, the club needs to back the decision.

You have to be careful about this kind of thing but it does not sound like his mental health is the best at the moment

Ade's mental health will be fine once he gets back doing what he's meant to do....play football!

We are paying Ade 5m for a year....Poch I dont know how much.... surely both can be mature enough to find some common ground!

WHY?

Because we NEED another striker and Ade NEEDS to play football!

surely the logical thing to do is leave whatever has happened in the past and make the best of things for a year!

thats the situation.... lets not cut off our noses anymore to spite our faces!

Ade's mental health will be fine once he gets back doing what he's meant to do....play football!

We are paying Ade 5m for a year....Poch I dont know how much.... surely both can be mature enough to find some common ground!

WHY?

Because we NEED another striker and Ade NEEDS to play football!

surely the logical thing to do is leave whatever has happened in the past and make the best of things for a year!

thats the situation.... lets not cut off our noses anymore to spite our faces!

Signs from GHod, juju and the compassionate leave last year. I don't think that he is in a good place and he wasn't the easiest player to manage when everything is going well.

I think that we would be better off making use of the players that the manager does want than try to reintroduce a player that he does not want and has said so publicly. If Ade comes back, all we have succeeded in doing is undermining Poch.

Ade should be put on gardening leave until January.

Ade wasn't the answer yesterday, so he's not the answer tomorrow.

The facts of his exile haven't changed, he is where he is for a variety of reasons, just because we could do with him to play the odd half of football here and there shouldn't come into the equation.

Can someone please explain to me the logic of not giving Ade a squad number? Were Levy or Poch actually naive enough to think that it would have forced him out? Instead it was a klaxon saying that we were desperate to get rid of him and probably, in his warped mind, made him even more desperate to thumb his nose at the team.

Reactions: DTA
Of course it's not Lamela. I have nothing against the lad; other than thinking he's no use in the EPL ;)

I'm already dreading Lamela's next game for us :eek:... Could get ugly on here in that particular OMT :eek:

I have praised him when praise was due but this shambolic transfer window is Levy's to explain and no one else's. My respect for him took a massive hit today. Even an idiot could see that Peace was digging his heels for the past week and was in a position of strength. Therefore either pay up or move on - but being Levy he did neither thinking he could out stare Peace and boy did he have to wipe egg off his face.

Problem is... his fetish with transfer window deadlines has cost us.. big time

I wouldn't call it shambolic but I do find it a little small time for a club as wealthy as ours. To go into a season with just the one recognised striker is just so wrong. It's unnecessary pressure on Kane's shoulders and that of the new young attacking signings who've no premeirship experience. I think we should've got Austin in.

Signs from GHod, juju and the compassionate leave last year. I don't think that he is in a good place and he wasn't the easiest player to manage when everything is going well.

I think that we would be better off making use of the players that the manager does want than try to reintroduce a player that he does not want and has said so publicly. If Ade comes back, all we have succeeded in doing is undermining Poch.

Ade should be put on gardening leave until January.

How on earth does putting him on gardening leave help us or him even??

Poch gets paid money from our club to do a job, so does Ade.

I doubt our other players will care for his beliefs they will care for what he does on the pitch.

I am saying Poch should be a big man and admit that we need to build bridges with Ade and quickly.....of course none of us wanted this but thats the way it is.

Benefits of a reintegrated focused Ade if Poch does his job and eats some humble pie
-less pressure on Harrys young shoulders
-we are not pis*ing away 5m for a year for nothing
-we have more options in our squad and a player who we know can score goals at this level
-Ade in contract year...you never know he may want to show he still has it!

Sometimes in life we have to accept things we dont like! I hate it but I can see how placing him on gardening leave helps us?

Sometimes you need a bit of compassion in life.... offering a way back, Poch should thrash it out with Ade for the benefit of our club! I would hope he can grasp this.

How on earth does putting him on gardening leave help us or him even??

Poch gets paid money from our club to do a job, so does Ade.

I doubt our other players will care for his beliefs they will care for what he does on the pitch.

I am saying Poch should be a big man and admit that we need to build bridges with Ade and quickly.....of course none of us wanted this but thats the way it is.

Benefits of a reintegrated focused Ade if Poch does his job and eats some humble pie
-less pressure on Harrys young shoulders
-we are not pis*ing away 5m for a year for nothing
-we have more options in our squad and a player who we know can score goals at this level
-Ade in contract year...you never know he may want to show he still has it!

Sometimes in life we have to accept things we dont like! I hate it but I can see how placing him on gardening leave helps us?

Sometimes you need a bit of compassion in life.... offering a way back, Poch should thrash it out with Ade for the benefit of our club! I would hope he can grasp this.

How does bringing in a potentially disruptive player and undermining our manager help us?

or putting a guy with warning signs of mental health issues in such a position where the first bad touch is gonna have 35000 people booing him?

So here is a thought - Add is still here, but Kaboul, Lennon, Capoue, the reported bad eggs. Maybe Ade will have to toe the line as he'll have no allies. And.......he is playing for that last big payday.

There are still lots of places in the world where the window is still open. We could still offload him to the Middle East or Russia for example

How does bringing in a potentially disruptive player and undermining our manager help us?

poch gets paid a fortune to 'man manage'

why is it beyond him to find some common ground with him for the betterment of our club???

Why will it be disruptive? we will all know the score? theres no sugar coating what it is....he will know he will be gone and our players will know this....whats he going to do refuse to move in training? or make raspberry noises everytime Poch tries to talk??

they are both adults ffs! How is it not best for both parties to reintegrate him.

Its a situation we are in and its not entirely all down to Ade!

Arseho**s to pride! we need to be in the business of winning football matches and getting points....if we can find a truce with Ade...is that not an idea to helping us achieve this????

or putting a guy with warning signs of mental health issues in such a position where the first bad touch is gonna have 35000 people booing him?

You know as well as I how fickle we all are....if he hits contract ade form we will all be praising him!

Time to think of the bigger picture....

I dont like it...you dont like it but the TRUTH.........we need him.

I think people should give up this notion that Ade will play for us again. Seriously, what kind of effort will he put in even if he were called upon?

All this stuff about his family issues, his mental state is just nonsense, all a lie , he likes to party with his bros.

His problems all stem from having to follow the instructions from his management and employers. His immature attitude is all wrong for a team sport.

On the day we gave him the contract, I called Levy stupid for it as I knew it would end like this.

And I don't want to hear from certain posters it's actually not costing us that much when compared to Soldado, thanks.:rolleyes:

I think people should give up this notion that Ade will play for us again. Seriously, what kind of effort will he put in even if he were called upon?

All this stuff about his family issues, his mental state is just nonsense, all a lie , he likes to party with his bros.

His problems all stem from having to follow the instructions from his management and employers. His immature attitude is all wrong for a team sport.

On the day we gave him the contract, I called Levy stupid for it as I knew it would end like this.

And I don't want to hear from certain posters it's actually not costing us that much when compared to Soldado, thanks.:rolleyes:

I dont want Ade in our shirt for the reasons you have mentioned which I believe are more accurate than the other stuff being touted about.

what I really really care about is Tottenham winning football matches and progressing, I would rather ade involved in the set up than having young Kane have a burden on his shoulders which he shouldn't have to bear! I do not want us to ruin Kane!

yes Ade was a massive mistake but its time to make the best of it....cant see how gardening leave helps us win matches or gives us a chance to rotate things in our squad.

Maybe I am totally wrong on this one, but we are light up top and reintegrating Ade seems like an option we should pursue considering we are really light on cf options.

Over the years i have been a pretty vocal supporter of Ade

Enough is enough, what's more i have a deep belief that this man is using the divine as an excuse to keep getting paid.

I have never felt like this about ade before , people that have seen me post here for over a decade can testify to that and my prejudice in support of african players in any top league,.....but this man needs to move on

Sign from GHod? saying what exactly? " i have given you at least a dozen ways to leave this place. what sign do you need Me to give you more than that??"

I dont want Ade in our shirt for the reasons you have mentioned which I believe are more accurate than the other stuff being touted about.

what I really really care about is Tottenham winning football matches and progressing, I would rather ade involved in the set up than having young Kane have a burden on his shoulders which he shouldn't have to bear! I do not want us to ruin Kane!

yes Ade was a massive mistake but its time to make the best of it....cant see how gardening leave helps us win matches or gives us a chance to rotate things in our squad.

Maybe I am totally wrong on this one, but we are light up top and reintegrating Ade seems like an option we should pursue considering we are really light on cf options.

how did you feel about ghaly when he tossed the shirt?

poch gets paid a fortune to 'man manage'

why is it beyond him to find some common ground with him for the betterment of our club???

Why will it be disruptive? we will all know the score? theres no sugar coating what it is....he will know he will be gone and our players will know this....whats he going to do refuse to move in training? or make raspberry noises everytime Poch tries to talk??

they are both adults ffs! How is it not best for both parties to reintegrate him.

Its a situation we are in and its not entirely all down to Ade!

Arseho**s to pride! we need to be in the business of winning football matches and getting points....if we can find a truce with Ade...is that not an idea to helping us achieve this????

He's also been paid to build a squad. If he thinks that a player would be detrimental to that, then he has a right to say that he does not want them and expect his employers to back his decision.

Less than two months ago The Telegraph reported: "Emmanuel Adebayor has converted to Islam in a ceremony recorded and posted to YouTube."

Today the same newspaper is reporting: "Adebayor is understood to have then consulted his pastor over the prospect of moving to the Midlands".

An Islamic pastor? Really?

I'm not a huge fan of Adebayor, but the fact is; both those stories can't be true.

Not too bad, considering he'd literally given four teeth and a good amount of blood to the cause earlier that year, carrying on with a game after a smash in the face in January. Plus, I understood that he might not have appreciated the cultural context behind his action: the shirt is not necessarily as revered everywhere as it is in England.

Always felt we were too harsh on Ghaly.

pig sick.

I see the point you are making and I accept it.

If you dont feel I have made any relevant points then fair enough, if you think I am speaking cod-sh** then also feel free to tell me.

Please bear in mind I want whats best for the club I love, Harry needs some help up top and someone else to shoulder the burden, we are paying a striker 5m a year....to do what exactly?

If we dont even try to offer Ade a way back after this transfer deadline debacle then we are only harming ourselves even more imo and making a dire situation even worse.

You think I want to join an Ade fan club? wrong....I want whats best for the club we both support.

Back