• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

I do not blame him at all. We were dumb enough to offer that contract so more fool us. We saw how he treated the Goons, we saw how he behaved at Emirates Marketing Project this should not have come us a surprise to us

Yep. Everyone knows what he is all about, plays well in his contract season and then goes on sabbatical/breakdown for 4 years.

Although I'm seething right now, there are a couple of options, one of which (or maybe both) I'm sure no one here would like:
  1. Actually use him. If we're stuck with him and we don't get a decent striker in, might as well. We're paying him, so make him work for it. How we would use him is another story. Cups/EL to give Harry a rest would be my guess.
  2. Find a legal way to void the last year of his contract. I don't know if that is even possible. I assume, if it was, we would have done it beginning with last season. But there has to be something in there along the lines "best interests of the club" that a slick lawyer could latch onto to make a case. If I was the chairman, I wouldn't mind spending £10m to get out of paying him £5m, just to teach him a lesson.
Just GO!!

fudge paying the rest off his contract, that means he gets a year of wages from us and then can sign for some other club on high wages and probably a hefty signing on fee.

So I take it we have started to believe what we read in the Daily Fail?

any better reasons why his deal to Villa hasnt gone through?

actually that article makes a bit of sense and makes clear that Villa still want the deal to happen and are even willing to allow the one that shall not be named to commute from London a few days of the week.

any better reasons why his deal to Villa hasnt gone through?

actually that article makes a bit of sense and makes clear that Villa still want the deal to happen and are even willing to allow the one that shall not be named to commute from London a few days of the week.

How about, Adebayor is dragging it out to see whether a better offer comes in?

Is he that dumb to think that loads of teams are queuing up to sign him ?

All it takes is one team closer to London.

I do think he's dumb enough to simply sit out his contract with us rather than be playing football somewhere else.

Is he that dumb to think that loads of teams are queuing up to sign him ?

That's not the only option though. He could angle for us to pay up his contract and move to Villa on a permanent deal or maybe a final payday in the middle East, China or the US appeals.

All it takes is one team closer to London.

I do think he's dumb enough to simply sit out his contract with us rather than be playing football somewhere else.
Really? I don't think he gives a hoot if he ever plays again as long as he keeps collecting his stolen wages every week.

Never really thought he would go there. The whole live in with Ade an Tim is a media myth IMO, on Ades side any way. After AVB he had a point to prove. Proved it then packed his bags away. Had little to do with Tim. Not belittling Tim but better and more experienced managers have failed with Ade, why should he succeed.

I wouldn't be surprised if he saw out the last year with us, no squad number and not training etc. and then retired next summer.

yes its the Daily mail, but they are now saying Sherwood has pulled the plug on the deal and is looking elsewhere

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ain-proposed-Aston-Villa-loan-hits-rocks.html

Aston Villa have pulled out of a deal to sign Emmanuel Adebayor after Tim Sherwood decided they should look elsewhere for a new striker.

Adebayor has been in talks with Villa for more than a week over a season-long loan and was hoping to link up with his former Tottenham manager, given he has been told he has no future at White Hart Lane.

The Togolese striker had undertaken a medical, discussed personal terms – he was hoping to command wages in the region of £100,000 per week – and had been given a tour of Villa’s Bodymoor Heath training ground on Monday.

It appeared a formality that he would sign in time for the Barclays Premier League opener against Bournemouth.

But, as talks continued to drag on, Sherwood made the decision to cancel the deal and will now continue to look elsewhere for a striker to fill the void left by Christian Benteke.

Villa will not turn, however, to Dimitar Berbatov, despite the persistent link with the former Manchester United and Tottenham man but this development will come as a significant blow to Adebayor, who wanted to resurrect his career under Sherwood.

the daily mail does have a bit of insider knowledge because Jamie Redknapp is a columnist for them, he is very pally with Sherwood, so anytime a daily mail reporter needs some info all they have to do is give Redknapp a bell

the daily mail does have a bit of insider knowledge because Jamie Redknapp is a columnist for them, he is very pally with Sherwood, so anytime a daily mail reporter needs some info all they have to do is give Redknapp a bell

Like Father like Son?

Back