• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Ade is a must sign for me but not for those wages. I'm sure if the transfer fee is not outlandish we can remunerate him via image rights, signing on fee or whatever.

The thing is we know exactly what we get with Ade and it's mostly good. Yes he has his flaws but until we dine at the top table every year this is as good as we can at the moment.

was he not signed on a free ? (2nd time round)

if it was a loan then arguably that was the best loan signing

As is so often the case we won't appreciate fully what Ade gave for us until he's no longer here.....

We'll never fully appreciate him or utilise him until he has players around him who can reliably find the back of the net is more the problem for me. He brings so much to our game, but despite a respectable goal return, he isn't a great finisher and we need a lot more goals from our midfield.

from 170k to 60k... don't see that happening unfortunately.

apparently we have offered Luka 100k

so 170k - 100k plus the possibilities of bonuses/signing on fees and other such incentives makes it look a little more likely - you also have to ask youself which club would be coming in to offer Adebayor 170k a week ? he certainly isn't a 170k p/w player and the handful of clubs which can pay those wages would most likely be looking at someone better

Ade is a must sign for me but not for those wages. I'm sure if the transfer fee is not outlandish we can remunerate him via image rights, signing on fee or whatever.

The thing is we know exactly what we get with Ade and it's mostly good. Yes he has his flaws but until we dine at the top table every year this is as good as we can at the moment.

Its only because of City that he is on those wages, if he hadnt have signed for them then we could have got him for ?ú100k a year, which going on footballers nowadays, he is definitely worth.

Its only because of City that he is on those wages, if he hadnt have signed for them then we could have got him for ?ú100k a year, which going on footballers nowadays, he is definitely worth.

another scenario is that no one will offer him close to what he gets at City so he decides to stay put and let his contract run down without being involved in the squad (which i can't really see happening though tbf)

apparently we have offered Luka 100k

so 170k - 100k plus the possibilities of bonuses/signing on fees and other such incentives makes it look a little more likely - you also have to ask youself which club would be coming in to offer Adebayor 170k a week ? he certainly isn't a 170k p/w player and the handful of clubs which can pay those wages would most likely be looking at someone better

well there goes our famous wage structure out of the window! I think a few Italian clubs could afford Ade's wages.
if we make it to the Champions League, i'm sure a decent percenage of revenue can be put aside for Ade.

id imagine we would have worked out we can afford to pay Modric (plus several others) that amount as long as we are in the CL - probably means that as soon as we do drop out they will be sold on pretty quickly

Absolutely. City and the other bankrolled clubs have distorted the market to hell.

Say for arguments sake that we can go to €100k for a few players. Should Ade be one of them or are there others more deserving?

The fact this guy is our starting striker, our top scorer, earning billions... yet nobody is all that bothered about him... speaks volumes for his inconsistency and inaccuracy

Sometimes he looks like Super Ade
Often he looks like Scuffer Ade

It's not a fair comparison, but if you put Alan Shearer in his best year into our team, he would have about 30 goals, not 16, so Ade has a huge way to go

He is good, but is not that good... there are probably a bunch of strikers that could have got 16 goals for us, including penalties - for about ?ú30kpw

Adebayor - Final Thoughts?

Surprised there is no thread for him.

Lack of first touch, and poor chance conversion aside, the guy has had an excellent season for us.

He deserves an awful lot of credit too for joining us, considering his arsenal roots and the abuse we gave him for so many years.

He certainly gained my respect this year, wherever he chooses to go, and id love him here permanently...

7/10

His link up play is very very good and always shows for the ball and allows our creative players to play better.

HOWEVER

He, at times, cannot finish off a hot fudgein dinner. That annoys me - none more so than the Villa home game where it kinda showed that his finishing was lacking.

I would keep him for sure but I would buy ANOTHER striker. I think we need two.

18 league goals, decent effort and his all round play has helped us a lot, should be 21 really if the linesmen in this league weren't so crap.

He looked touched and really happy when we were all singing "Adebayor, this is the best team you've ever played for" during the lap of honour.

We should do what we can to bring him in. If he insists upon ?ú170k it's not going to happen, but I'm hoping that the reception he got this year and the fun he'll have had playing in a fast paced attacking team will have had an effect on him. I can't see too many teams better than us being in for him, so it's his choice of playing out the remainder of his peak years at a half-decent team or earning silly money in Russia or somewhere.

He's helped us get to 4th, at time he has shown what a striker that can link with VDV/Modric can bring to the team.

Difference between Ade and truely WC is, first touch that lets him down, and just not clinical enough. More than welcome if we find the right deal for both parties to stay.

Either way, do think we need another striker, potentially with Gio and maybe JD heading out.

Been superb for us, hope we can sign him...

He said in an interview he feels like he has finally found a home, lets hope that extends to taking a paycut

Back