• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

It seems AVB gave him until mid September to return...and he returned mid September.

What makes you think that?

If it's true, was that an initial deadline in July or one set after becoming fed up with waiting?

If your boss gave you a deadline to hand in an assignment and then proceeded to punish you after you met the deadline....would you feel hard done by? what if his reasoning was 'well i gave you a generous deadline and in reality you should have handed it a few weeks earlier'..would you accept that?

If not getting it in earlier was inconveniencing other staff, or damaging to the company's goals, absolutely I'd accept it. Especially if I had a track record of taking the **** on deadlines.

I'd especially think it was fair if I took the maximum amount of time to hand in something entirely half-arsed and unfit for purpose.

You couldn't make it up!

Thanks his team mates? The same ones he let down at the start of this season? Or just the ones he let down when he couldn't be bothered to come back from the ACN?

I understand the whole "new boss, clean slate" argument, and I can accept it. But have some ****ing humility and the good grace to realise that you weren't left out because your manager had an irrational dislike of you, but because you acted like a ****.

how do you know any of this?

TLDR.

But what do you expect players to say? My teammate (who at some point will probably return to the team, and who I'll have to work with when he bothers to turn up for work) is a **** and should never play again?

i like this post , takes in that players can lie to the media

just remember that when the quote supports your statement also

The problem with Ade began the PREVIOUS summer. I had mentioned that AVB did not want him as he was afraid of his potential disruptive personality (as he saw it)…I think sadly that this one came down to subborness in the end of it all. There's really no reason not to have buried the proverbial axe and found a way to integrate him, as he did last season.

I think it's pretty clear that Ade is one of those players who has always needed spot-on man-management, some warmth, some compassion and some molly-coddling. Whatever you personally think of Ade (and what's just been said) the reality is that to make him work that's what needs to be done. Maybe the biggest factor in the AVB/Ade breakdown is that AVB was never a player and is a young man, and thus does not understand these dynamics as they are beyond the technical stuff. They are human issues.

One thing I misjudged in hindsight was their relationship last season. I was convinced they must've had a decent one as Ade was playing and playing a non-traditional striker's game in order to be part of a vehicle that was designed to unleash Bale. Perhaps it was just professionalism there, and that this season not even that relationship was doable.

Glad to see Ade back, and there's much more to come this season IMO...

I was giving Ade 10 games before I set foot back in WHL. He had 2 good performances, but I knew it wouldn't last. After his statement tonight the guy can fcuk right off. I am not even bothering now. I will not return until he is gone. I refuse to support someone who is so far up his own **** where in his world he is all that matters. Hoping he goes on a run and we can sell him in January.

Am I the only one that thought he should have gone over to celebrate with Soldado after that great cross, instead we got a rendition of 'I'm the man'. FCUK OFF.

I am seriously at the point of cancelling Sky, my season ticket and just following from a distance.

You couldn't make it up!

Thanks his team mates? The same ones he let down at the start of this season? Or just the ones he let down when he couldn't be bothered to come back from the ACN?

I understand the whole "new boss, clean slate" argument, and I can accept it. But have some ****ing humility and the good grace to realise that you weren't left out because your manager had an irrational dislike of you, but because you acted like a ****.

Not the full story at all mate IMO, sorry, AVB did not man-manage this situation properly and I believe it's roots lie in the fact he was never AVB's first choice as the incoming striker the summer AVB arrived.

BTW, can someone please take the FAT **** off my avatar now? ;-)

I was giving Ade 10 games before I set foot back in WHL. He had 2 good performances, but I knew it wouldn't last. After his statement tonight the guy can fcuk right off. I am not even bothering now. I will not return until he is gone. I refuse to support someone who is so far up his own **** where in his world he is all that matters. Hoping he goes on a run and we can sell him in January.

Am I the only one that thought he should have gone over to celebrate with Soldado after that great cross, instead we got a rendition of 'I'm the man'. FCUK OFF.

I am seriously at the point of cancelling Sky, my season ticket and just following from a distance.

oddly enough, i can understand this view

i still like ade and want him to play but completely understand what you mean

the "i'm the man thing" is understandable too surely for a guy thats been purposely fronzen out for so long....his first instinct is to think "vindicated!!!! you see...i am good"

but agree that people with good team character and togetherness tend to celebrate with the guy that got them out of the **** heap

I fail to see what was wrong with his celebration. In fact I loved both his celebrations.

Since Bale left we have lost that touch of arrogance. With Ade back we have at least a bit of that back.

What makes you think that?

[B]If it's true, was that an initial deadline in July or one set after becoming fed up with waiting? [/B]

If not getting it in earlier was inconveniencing other staff, or damaging to the company's goals, absolutely I'd accept it. Especially if I had a track record of taking the **** on deadlines.

I'd especially think it was fair if I took the maximum amount of time to hand in something entirely half-arsed and unfit for purpose.
Andre Villas-Boas admits he would have let Emmnauel Adebayor leave Tottenham Hotspur

11:10am Friday 13th September 2013 in Local Sport
Emmanuel Adebayor. Picture: Action Images
Andre Villas-Boas has admitted he was happy to let Emmanuel Adebayor leave Tottenham this summer.

The Spurs manager revealed on Thursday that Adebayor has been ordered to train with the club's reserves.

Adebayor barely featured in pre-season following the £26m signing of Roberto Soldado and he was then given extra time off following the death of his brother in Togo.

The 29-year-old returned to London at the end of last month, but he has since gone back to Togo, for "personal reasons", according to Villas-Boas.

When Adebayor, who is one of the club's top earners, comes back on Monday, he will train with the reserves.

"At the moment Ade is not with us, because we have granted him authorisation to stay up until Monday in his country for personal reasons, so he's not going to be involved against Norwich (on Saturday)," the Tottenham manager said.

"Up to when I find it appropriate, he will train with the development team.

"He was a couple of weeks late in relation to the rest of the team, bearing in mind his personal tragedy. So at the moment, things stand as they are."

Adebayor spoke this week about his desire to become Tottenham's first-choice hitman, but the revelation that the former Arsenal striker was free to talk to other clubs suggests he does not feature in Villas-Boas' first-team plans.

Schalke and Besiktas were interested in Adebayor and Villas-Boas confirmed he was happy to let the striker leave.

"There were opportunities, yes, for him to leave," the Spurs boss said.

"But he was not interested in them, so he didn't.

"We had to think about the situation so we presented the player and his agents the situations we were presented with."

Ads by Google
Air Source Heat Pump
Low maintenance - High returns Call to save money and energy today
intelligentenergysolutions.com
Ashes into Memorial Glass
Cremated ashes made into glass "Keep the memory".
www.ashesintoglass.co.uk/
Villas-Boas insists he has no personal issue with Adebayor, who has proved a divisive figure at other clubs in the past.

But when offered a chance to promise that Adebayor would play for Spurs again, Villas-Boas only responded with: "There is a possibility."

The quiet way in which he delivered the response hardly smacked of a ringing endorsement, and when Villas-Boas was asked to assess the strength of his attacking options, there was no mention of Adebayor. "We have two great goal-scorers (Soldado and Jermain Defoe)," Villas-Boas said

fcuk me there's no pleasing a lot of you. No one knows what happened behind closed doors and a lot of you can't stand Adebayor but he scored us 2 goals yesterday and offers us more than any striker we have.

I assume you didn't celebrate when he scored then if you despise him so much.

I'm glad that you're not stepping into white hart lane as we don't need fans like you there.

fcuk me there's no pleasing a lot of you. No one knows what happened behind closed doors and a lot of you can't stand Adebayor but he scored us 2 goals yesterday and offers us more than any striker we have.

I assume you didn't celebrate when he scored then if you despise him so much.

I'm glad that you're not stepping into white hart lane as we don't need fans like you there.

that's a bit strong. if he doesnt like him he doesnt like him, i think we as free men should be allowed not to like someone

i like ade btw but can understand why some dont

Well what's the point in venturing anger towards someone when you don't know the whole story and all he wants to do is play for spurs?

Adebayor has not kicked up a fuss since he got ousted and told to play in the reserves, I don't see what he has done wrong.

I was very pro-AVB, although I could understand his sacking, and it's more than apparent that perhaps his biggest mistake was his management of Adebayor/BAE. Shipping one out on loan with no cover and freezing out the other left the squad unbalanced and in the case of Adebabayor, shorn of a genuine tactical alternative up top. Part of a manager's job is to make best use of the resources available to him and AVB failed in this regard. Additionally as a fan I cannot see the justification in have one of the top earners in the club not being worked and utilised to the utmost extent possible.

Well what's the point in venturing anger towards someone when you don't know the whole story and all he wants to do is play for spurs?

Adebayor has not kicked up a fuss since he got ousted and told to play in the reserves, I don't see what he has done wrong.

How about the 2012/2013 season where he looked completely uninterested and scored less than 10 goals from over 30 appearances whilst still taking a hefty wage from the club? This is why people don't like him, so when he was left out by AVB, people rightly or wrongly assume it's because of his poor attitude. If he's back to his best as he was in the loan season he had with us then I'll be supporting him 100%!

Andre Villas-Boas admits he would have let Emmnauel Adebayor leave Tottenham Hotspur

11:10am Friday 13th September 2013 in Local Sport
Emmanuel Adebayor. Picture: Action Images
Andre Villas-Boas has admitted he was happy to let Emmanuel Adebayor leave Tottenham this summer.

The Spurs manager revealed on Thursday that Adebayor has been ordered to train with the club's reserves.

Adebayor barely featured in pre-season following the £26m signing of Roberto Soldado and he was then given extra time off following the death of his brother in Togo.

The 29-year-old returned to London at the end of last month, but he has since gone back to Togo, for "personal reasons", according to Villas-Boas.

When Adebayor, who is one of the club's top earners, comes back on Monday, he will train with the reserves.

"At the moment Ade is not with us, because we have granted him authorisation to stay up until Monday in his country for personal reasons, so he's not going to be involved against Norwich (on Saturday)," the Tottenham manager said.

"Up to when I find it appropriate, he will train with the development team.

"He was a couple of weeks late in relation to the rest of the team, bearing in mind his personal tragedy. So at the moment, things stand as they are."

Adebayor spoke this week about his desire to become Tottenham's first-choice hitman, but the revelation that the former Arsenal striker was free to talk to other clubs suggests he does not feature in Villas-Boas' first-team plans.

Schalke and Besiktas were interested in Adebayor and Villas-Boas confirmed he was happy to let the striker leave.

"There were opportunities, yes, for him to leave," the Spurs boss said.

"But he was not interested in them, so he didn't.

"We had to think about the situation so we presented the player and his agents the situations we were presented with."

Ads by Google
Air Source Heat Pump
Low maintenance - High returns Call to save money and energy today
intelligentenergysolutions.com
Ashes into Memorial Glass
Cremated ashes made into glass "Keep the memory".
www.ashesintoglass.co.uk/
Villas-Boas insists he has no personal issue with Adebayor, who has proved a divisive figure at other clubs in the past.

But when offered a chance to promise that Adebayor would play for Spurs again, Villas-Boas only responded with: "There is a possibility."

The quiet way in which he delivered the response hardly smacked of a ringing endorsement, and when Villas-Boas was asked to assess the strength of his attacking options, there was no mention of Adebayor. "We have two great goal-scorers (Soldado and Jermain Defoe)," Villas-Boas said

So he missed all of preseason and then asked for more time off?

maybe there was just no chemistry between the both of them. half on here wanted ade to go too, so he was quite a controversial character, not just with us, with mancini and wenger too.

but lets get behind him now - he seems to enjoy playing with soldado and vice versa. 30 goals between the both of them possible? only 28 to go.

Are you purposely being difficult?

THE MANAGER AGREED TO IT...HE GAVE HIM A SET DATE TO RETURN....ADEBAYOR RETURNED ON THAT DATE.....HE WAS STILL PUNISHED.

How do you know that's why? Why not because he missed all of preseason?

Or played like an uninterested amateur for the previous season? Or didn't bother to come home from the ACN?

How do you know that's why? Why not because he missed all of preseason?

Or played like an uninterested amateur for the previous season? Or didn't bother to come home from the ACN?

KD is providing more factual matrieal than you or i have in recent crossings over this adebayor thing

you haven't actually provided anything to suggest that what you're saying is in fact reality

not saying that you might not be right but that on the face of whats out there an available to read you are most likely wrong

How about the 2012/2013 season where he looked completely uninterested and scored less than 10 goals from over 30 appearances whilst still taking a hefty wage from the club? This is why people don't like him, so when he was left out by AVB, people rightly or wrongly assume it's because of his poor attitude. If he's back to his best as he was in the loan season he had with us then I'll be supporting him 100%!

i dont understand what this mean

"completely uninterested?" ..what because he was on bad form and supremely low on confidence? strikers go through that you know.

if he is completely uninterested then so is soldado

Back