• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Played well, stayed on his feet much more, some combination of not having Dier, having Royal and him needing to shoulder the responsibility of being the main CB

More of the same please.

I think Royal allowed both Romero and Porro to play their natural games more. In fact, Royal was covering a couple of times when Romero played very poor passes (was only a couple of times but he knew that behind him he had cover/some pace)

So out injured last weekend against Brentford and also out tomorrow against Leeds.

But still called up for Argentina for their extremely important friendlies against Australia and Indonesia...

Would really like to see the club grow some balls and tell him that he is not going.

Don't blame him really, why play partiality injured for a team that doesn't give a fudge, vs playing for a team that will give everything ... even in a friendly.

So now you know how he thinks ... just brilliant stuff.
Look at what he does on the pitch, trying turns in his own box, risky/stupid passes, diving into tackles that he has no chance off winning, stinks of someone that thinks he's better than he is.
On top of that, he's been out injured, missing loads of games, and then makes a miraculous recovery to play for Argentina, indicating he doesn't really give a fudge about us.

Look at what he does on the pitch, trying turns in his own box, risky/stupid passes, diving into tackles that he has no chance off winning, stinks of someone that thinks he's better than he is.
On top of that, he's been out injured, missing loads of games, and then makes a miraculous recovery to play for Argentina, indicating he doesn't really give a fudge about us.
Yup. He's got ability, we can all see that. But throughout a lot of games he has been a liability, yet some go on about him as if he is prime Maldini.

Probably partly people get over excited about him because of just how poor the rest of the defence is, but he has been nowhere good enough for it to be considered acceptable for him to constantly swerve playing for us yet be available for his country time after time....

He has been an absolute mug this season

I see why you may think that, especially on the Argentina front as well as his glaring individual errors.

Buuut....Take away Dier who many people who would be ashamed to publicly back alongside Sanchez, who has been a dumpster fire of a defender apart from his first season, we start to look rapidly short of options in a back two as well as a three even if I rate Davies. How have things gone since switching to back two?

We really don't seem to have much of a defense left at this stage. I do feel like if we want to be good again soon it's going to be finding someone to play alongside Romero and emphasize his strengths whilst acknowledging the potential weaknesses in his game.

Overall he has played 64 games since we got him here, lets hope that with a new manager he will show how good he is.

But still our best centre back by a significant margin (which says a lot)
We can't get 100% from him because of regular injuries and wild tackles. I like him but I say we move him for big bucks, after all he is a world Cup winner. We need better than our average CB and one that is reliable too.

Back