• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Quite interesting from the FT @scaramanga

Even though the US spends trillions of dollars on healthcare, much of that is wasted. The funding gets used up by bureaucrats that have to code and bill every action a doctor takes, by doctors and hospital administrators paid far more than their European counterparts and by the soaring cost of drugs. A study last year in The Journal of the American Medical Association found at least $760bn was wasted in unnecessary health spending — more than the US spends on primary and secondary education.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Looks like employees in Republican states will have to go back to work or lose their healthcare and unemployment benefits.

Whilst I don’t agree that this is the way forward without all the info, it does raise an interesting question - if people refuse to go back what is to be done with them?

There will be some work shy people claiming health reasons when they just can’t be arsed.

How long do they wait?

What proof do they need?

Who covers sick pay?

There will be plenty of people wanting to take those jobs.

Just heard an interview with a care home manager.

He said he’s irate with the media at the moment (FT mainly) giving all the care home deaths with out any context - makes it sounds like it’s out of control when realistically its less than 1 percent of the care home community and more than half of them had terminal illness/didn’t have long left/normal flu would have more than likely killed them.

Things like this need to be reported rather than the current scaremongering.

Could not agree more some of the coverage is so biased its embarrsing, still i guess it keeps the " I believe everything i read merchants" a chance to have dig at the goverment.

Good GHod man, WHY did you have to say that? Now I will have to argue with you more often simply because!!!!!!!!!!

I always thought we discussed things well mate :) serious though i had a Doberman once and he was a great dog, i got him for security reasons and he was really good at that. To me he was as soft as brick but any one he did not know he would soon send them packing.

I don’t tend to have a voting pattern, I think I’ve voted for all 3 parties at some
Point so I’m not really bias towards any of them and certainly not a Tory die hard.

However Labour and KS have backed a large amount of the Govs work, asking relevant questions and probing well - that to me shows that currently the Gov are doing OK

The media need to feck off, literally trying to make sure everyone is too scared to go out again

Could not agree more some of the coverage is so biased its embarrsing, still i guess it keeps the " I believe everything i read merchants" a chance to have dig at the goverment.

Quite interesting from the FT @scaramanga

Even though the US spends trillions of dollars on healthcare, much of that is wasted. The funding gets used up by bureaucrats that have to code and bill every action a doctor takes, by doctors and hospital administrators paid far more than their European counterparts and by the soaring cost of drugs. A study last year in The Journal of the American Medical Association found at least $760bn was wasted in unnecessary health spending — more than the US spends on primary and secondary education.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
German healthcare system runs the same way (just paid by someone different) and it doesn't have those issues.

So it's clearly not a symptom of the system used, just the implementation.

Whilst I don’t agree that this is the way forward without all the info, it does raise an interesting question - if people refuse to go back what is to be done with them?

There will be some work shy people claiming health reasons when they just can’t be arsed.

How long do they wait?

What proof do they need?

Who covers sick pay?

There will be plenty of people wanting to take those jobs.

Having hammered people that stepping close to someone in a supermarket can make them a death vector, I think it is rich to suddenly expect some people to take notice of this "sudden" everything is OK to go back to work now. Some people will be cautious. The question is whether they should be punished for that caution? For me personally, this is all
part of the natural choice consequence of our system; health will never be valued above wealth.

I always thought we discussed things well mate :) serious though i had a Doberman once and he was a great dog, i got him for security reasons and he was really good at that. To me he was as soft as brick but any one he did not know he would soon send them packing.

Oh we do mate, I was just joking around. I know some people don't love dogs, I just cannot fathom why!!! LOVE dobermans, well-trained ones of course :)

Reactions: DTA
Oh we do mate, I was just joking around. I know some people don't love dogs, I just cannot fathom why!!! LOVE dobermans, well-trained ones of course :)

They are great dogs and IF i was ever to get another dog (and i never will) that is what i would get.
he was trained by me and he was never a problem, he had this smile which he used to show to everyone that came to our house ( like a lopsided snarl) and would never take his eyes of whoever it was. I even got one mate who said he would never visit again because he thought the dog wanted to eat him.:D

German healthcare system runs the same way (just paid by someone different) and it doesn't have those issues.

So it's clearly not a symptom of the system used, just the implementation.

Can't imagine the German system is anything like as inefficient. I don't know if it is the same setup. How does it work?

Back