• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

It strikes me that the Scottish and Walsh plans for ending the lockdown is a set of criteria very similar to the UK government's five points. The main difference is the UK government isn't calling it a plan.

The Scottish one also have a point about all lives being valuable and worth saving (as opposition to the herd immunity argument). If they are serious they can't relax the lockdown until there is a vaccine. I suspect this wasn't meant.

You can't really call their documents a plan as it doesn't really set out strict criteria, order of things re-opening or timelines of them. It's just a bit of filler for people to read that just states the obvious things in the news which to be fair is welcomed by some but can't really be called a plan the way the media make it out to be.

It strikes me that the Scottish and Walsh plans for ending the lockdown is a set of criteria very similar to the UK government's five points. The main difference is the UK government isn't calling it a plan.

The Scottish one also have a point about all lives being valuable and worth saving (as opposition to the herd immunity argument). If they are serious they can't relax the lockdown until there is a vaccine. I suspect this wasn't meant.

Nicola has no intention of ending the lock down, as soon as she does the SNP will be in civil war and the muck getting thrown will be horrific.
She is even saying it they "postpone" the elections next May, over a year in the future.

I feel our friends over the other side of the pond may riot soon if these figures are true

https://www.syracuse.com/coronaviru...ibly-infected-with-coronavirus-statewide.html

28 million now jobless for a .5 fatality rate - what will the death rate be for those jobless/missed illness issues?

I was under the assumption that the anti body test was not very accurate. As was described in a Twitter thread posted in the earlier pages.

% Fatality rates may be low but I suppose lockdown was needed not to overwhelm the system.

Tricky one and I feel for all the people having to weigh up the options

Watch this -
Has the Government Failed the NHS?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000hr3y

OMG, this government are embarrassing!

Considering the government is a conservative one I am amazed at how far they have gone to protect the NHS. I think they should have locked down the country earlier, I think and thought at the time the Cheltenham was an odd decision to go ahead. They could have been a bit more pro active getting tests and PPE gear. But overall I would say following advice they have not done to bad.

I would give the government a 7 out of 10, I think had my man Corbyn got in it would have been an 8 I think they would have searched out the PPE gear quicker and searched the end of the world for it. But honestly I dont think they have done that badly.

Considering the government is a conservative one I am amazed at how far they have gone to protect the NHS. I think they should have locked down the country earlier, I think and thought at the time the Cheltenham was an odd decision to go ahead. They could have been a bit more pro active getting tests and PPE gear. But overall I would say following advice they have not done to bad.

I would give the government a 7 out of 10, I think had my man Corbyn got in it would have been an 8 I think they would have searched out the PPE gear quicker and searched the end of the world for it. But honestly I dont think they have done that badly.
They wouldn’t have as he would still have had to deal with the issues the current civil servants do...
Their scared of the press so do everything by the book even in a crisis

I wonder about the idea of who locked down well and not because despite the notion masses of countries are applauded for being in lock down early they seemed to allow scores of their citizens to travel outward? It’s a head scratcher for me.

The U.K. get a hammering for not locking down versus a number of nations, rightly or wrongly but like with the Champions League examples fans were travelling outbound from hugely infected countries even when their domestic game was banned? Surely that should be shouldered on both nations?

The US banned flights from China which was met with a chorus of disapproval from Chinese officials too.

So from the aspect of this whole “lockdown” I find it all slightly clouded in the sense a lot of nations were complicit in allowing their nationals to travel outward. Odd.

They wouldn’t have as he would still have had to deal with the issues the current civil servants do...
Their scared of the press so do everything by the book even in a crisis

Yep with one eye on the future and how they can say they did nothing wrong and followed expert advice.

Not said it on here before but said it to the wife who looked at me like I was a madman. But I would have shorted the pound if i were the government and then let it drop. Dont see why the governments dont play the system more, but thats me I guess, I like maverick thinking.

I wonder about the idea of who locked down well and not because despite the notion masses of countries are applauded for being in lock down early they seemed to allow scores of their citizens to travel outward? It’s a head scratcher for me.

The U.K. get a hammering for not locking down versus a number of nations, rightly or wrongly but like with the Champions League examples fans were travelling outbound from hugely infected countries even when their domestic game was banned? Surely that should be shouldered on both nations?

The US banned flights from China which was met with a chorus of disapproval from Chinese officials too.

So from the aspect of this whole “lockdown” I find it all slightly clouded in the sense a lot of nations were complicit in allowing their nationals to travel outward. Odd.

You mentioned this before. I don't really get it. The government in any given country has a responsibility to protect their citizens first and foremost. It is not equivalent to say that allowing people to travel out is equivalent to allow them to travel in... which should only be done with a non voluntary quarantine.

Here is a another right wing policy suggestion from me. Anyone one coming in to the country should have to go into a non voluntary 14 day quarantine in one of our many hotels that are empty at the moment.

If 14 days is enough is debatable as I believe the word quarantine comes from the Italian 40, originally derived from the response to the plague in Venice

Yep with one eye on the future and how they can say they did nothing wrong and followed expert advice.

Not said it on here before but said it to the wife who looked at me like I was a madman. But I would have shorted the pound if i were the government and then let it drop. Dont see why the governments dont play the system more, but thats me I guess, I like maverick thinking.

What do you mean by shorted the pound as the government?

I get what that means as a trader (currency) but what does that mean as the government?

You mentioned this before. I don't really get it. The government in any given country has a responsibility to protect their citizens first and foremost. It is not equivalent to say that allowing people to travel out is equivalent to allow them to travel in... which should only be done with a non voluntary quarantine.

Here is a another right wing policy suggestion from me. Anyone one coming in to the country should have to go into a non voluntary 14 day quarantine in one of our many hotels that are empty at the moment.

If 14 days is enough is debatable as I believe the word quarantine comes from the Italian 40, originally derived from the response to the plague in Venice

I did and I stand by that opinion.

I’m not saying it’s like for like but surely if their is a global pandemic you are responsible for Those leaving who are your citizens as well as entering considering most people travelling outbound would be a return traveller?

The football situation is perplexing in that in the example of the football the leagues were shut so why would you allow Juve to be a vendor for tickets for fans to travel abroad to watch a game when you are not allowing them to travel domestically?? Surely you can see the weirdness there?

Back