• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

They seem to be signing everyone to 7+ year contracts to lower amortization costs. I just can't help but feel like there's some grander plan here, but can't figure out what it is
Read on the internet that boehly is also shifting to low basic high bonus compensation structure for all players, which is consistent with avoiding accumulating deadwood with new longer term contracts.

Maybe a repeat of their youth team development business strategy of loaning and developing players for profit?

They seem to be signing everyone to 7+ year contracts to lower amortization costs. I just can't help but feel like there's some grander plan here, but can't figure out what it is

Selling the ground for property development and moving to the old Plough Lane site.

Does Potter even want all these players, or are they just being bought because they can/someone else thinks it's a good idea?
Of course he doesn’t, there doesn’t seem to be any structure to these signings. It’s seems a little like when the Russian first took over, signing players so others can’t.

Of course he doesn’t, there doesn’t seem to be any structure to these signings. It’s seems a little like when the Russian first took over, signing players so others can’t.

It just puts Potter under more pressure having to integrate and deal with players he doesn’t want. Which doesn’t bother me at all but doesn’t seem a particularly constructive way to work with a new coach.

Call it what you want but it's ambitious, may not work out but I've been impressed with the players that they have got in ... hopefully it goes tits up.

it's not ambitious, its gluttony

I'd argue it's just stupid

- A player on an 8 year contract flops, you not only have to eat the loss on the purchase price, but you have 8 years of salary commitment
- Having 30+ top level players isn't going to help team harmony

It seems Everton flushed £500M down the drain and got worse, Chelsea has just said "hold my beer", £400M so far

Gets round FFP, ridiculous but true

Simon Jordan was also wondering how their accounts looked and did a quick 2min check while on the radio today and was actually surprised and said they were not looking too bad and could probably keep spending for another couple windows like this!!
He did say something like it was obviously risky and unsustainable though

Simon Jordan was also wondering how their accounts looked and did a quick 2min check while on the radio today and was actually surprised and said they were not looking too bad and could probably keep spending for another couple windows like this!!

There is a video on another thread from a Chelse fan who is a finance expert who explained it all away, said that each deal basically broke down into small amounts per year so they are well under FFP

He did get one thing wrong though. He forgot that the rules have changed.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...gulations-to-replace-ffp-all-you-need-to-know

Back