• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Archie Gray

Mute the video. It's clips from the Chelsea game which many of you will have seen before, but this highlights how he's years ahead of where a 18 year old player normally is (17 in the video, playing against Chelsea's globetrotters).
This lad's not normal, we could have a hallmark signing here.
Superb awareness of who is near him . He's been coached well to control it safe-side or into space away from the press with his first touch. Very good.

Last edited:
this new world of having to balance the books is making young British player prices plummet. He would have cost £50m a few years ago at this age, just because he was English and, well, English.

I just fact checked myself and I wonder if I may be wrong - is this going to be a british transfer record for a teenager?

10m for Rodon I would guess, £35m seemed to be the price quoted when he was linked with Brentford, but now Leeds get a player they want and some cash, everyone's a winner.

I guess his book value is lower than what we might theoretically get from selling him to another club, but using him to complete a deal like this has value in itself.

this new world of having to balance the books is making young British player prices plummet. He would have cost £50m a few years ago at this age, just because he was English and, well, English.

I just fact checked myself and I wonder if I may be wrong - is this going to be a british transfer record for a teenager?

Not sure prices have plummeted. Championship clubs get what £5m a year from tv? So £40m is a big deal. Prem clubs get £100m. So not so much and might decide to hold on rather than face relegation.

Back