• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I wonder if two in the middle is more condusive to the counter attacking football Conte wants to play. Kane and Son have enough goals in them when on form to not need a third player there. If Kulu and Persisic were our WBs we would have a lot of product there. Mainly I'd like to see Conte give it a bash more often. Hopefully yesterday was a sign of that coming more. Maybe he is waiting for Bissouma to understand his role tactically too.

I wonder if two in the middle is more condusive to the counter attacking football Conte wants to play. Kane and Son have enough goals in them when on form to not need a third player there. If Kulu and Persisic were our WBs we would have a lot of product there. Mainly I'd like to see Conte give it a bash more often. Hopefully yesterday was a sign of that coming more. Maybe he is waiting for Bissouma to understand his role tactically too.
He has made comments about Biss needing to learn his lines
Maybe we will see something like that vs arsenal and choke the midfield

The one concern I have with the 3 in the middle is not the shape as I think it solves a problem we often have in there . More so the problem of where do you fit Kulu into that system . I don’t see Conte playing him in there. With two up top I see Richy being the impact sub .

Kulu is a talented lad and want to see him play regularly.

The one concern I have with the 3 in the middle is not the shape as I think it solves a problem we often have in there . More so the problem of where do you fit Kulu into that system . I don’t see Conte playing him in there. With two up top I see Richy being the impact sub .

Kulu is a talented lad and want to see him play regularly.
You have to have Kulu in the team
He is getting a goal or assist now almost every game for us
Could platy him RWB I guess

I prefer the 3 forwards route. If we need to strengthen for a particular game we can drop one.

I would agree criticism isnt always negative, but the post I read start with "fudge you Conte". I added the list of names simply to question the negativity of my post, I'm probably what many think is a happy Clapper, I go to the games because I like football and Spurs, I like to see a good game and enjoy a win, but accept you cant win all the time and players and managers make mistakes, I just dislike the constant moaning and the blame whenever things dont go the way some think it should.
Spurs are part of my family and I would never slag off any member of my family (I might make an exception for N'dombele) whatever I might think of their behaviour.
If only we could put all the 'experts' on here in charge of Spurs. What a team we'd have. We'd win every game and every trophy going and be the greatest team the world has ever seen. :D

I prefer the 3 forwards route. If we need to strengthen for a particular game we can drop one.

My concern is that we seem to be regularly outmanned in central midfield, against Chelsea for instant we did not have a sniff in central midfield, we were totally dominated.

My concern is that we seem to be regularly outmanned in central midfield, against Chelsea for instant we did not have a sniff in central midfield, we were totally dominated.
But they had nothing up top
If they had, they would have won
Teams who sacrifice a striker or attacker for an extra midfielder generally have no goals in them
Unless you have players of city’s levels it’s a weak tactic if you actually want to win many games

But they had nothing up top
If they had, they would have won
Teams who sacrifice a striker or attacker for an extra midfielder generally have no goals in them
Unless you have players of city’s levels it’s a weak tactic if you actually want to win many games

The fact that at the time Chelsea did not have a proven striker against us did not mean they sacrificed one, there is a slight difference.

The fact that at the time Chelsea did not have a proven striker against us did not mean they sacrificed one, there is a slight difference.
Not really
I mean it was clear watching that game in the ground they had nothing up front
Playing 4-6-0 means you should win midfield

Not really
I mean it was clear watching that game in the ground they had nothing up front
Playing 4-6-0 means you should win midfield

4-6-0? We have played loads of teams that play 3 in midfield that overrun our central 2 or have you not been playing attention?

4-6-0? We have played loads of teams that play 3 in midfield that overrun our central 2 or have you not been playing attention?
They don’t play 3 in midfield, they play 5
Most teams play 4-5-1 against us
Chelsea played 4-6-0. No striker, a few players playing a fake false 9 but actually never going central or last man. Their goals came from their defenders
We actually play 3-4-3 so have more attacking options but sacrifice a player centre of the park
It’s why we’re second highest scorers since conte joined and also because we play a solid midfield pair we have also a great defensive record as we can go 5-4-1 in theory .
I mean it actually works ….

They don’t play 3 in midfield, they play 5
Most teams play 4-5-1 against us
Chelsea played 4-6-0. No striker, a few players playing a fake false 9 but actually never going central or last man. Their goals came from their defenders
We actually play 3-4-3 so have more attacking options but sacrifice a player centre of the park
It’s why we’re second highest scorers since conte joined and also because we play a solid midfield pair we have also a great defensive record as we can go 5-4-1 in theory .
I mean it actually works ….

Suffice to say when we changed to a 3 in midfield we looked more resilient and still deadly going forward.

By the way I am someone that would rather have Kulu at right wing back then Emerson

Suffice to say when we changed to a 3 in midfield we looked more resilient and still deadly going forward.

By the way I am someone that would rather have Kulu at right wing back then Emerson
That’s because we were playing a team who were losing and pretty crap in defence
I’m
An advocate of playing 3-5-2… but against Chelsea they played 4-6-0 and had no one up top which is why they didn’t win. That was what I was responding too

Conte will change it when/if he feels he needs to (we changed formation against chelsea and went 4 at the back). So far only city have scored more than us in the prem and i believe we have the lowest xg of shots against us in the prem. Although we concede a lot of shots they are not in good positions and have a low probability of scoring.

Conte will change it when/if he feels he needs to (we changed formation against chelsea and went 4 at the back). So far only city have scored more than us in the prem and i believe we have the lowest xg of shots against us in the prem. Although we concede a lot of shots they are not in good positions and have a low probability of scoring.
It’s why it’s generally a worldie or a set piece we concede (plus a foul throw leading to a good strike)

Back