• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Annus Horribilis 2011/2012 .............................

I'd love to hear from all the macarons that were adamant that this had in fact been a good season! Where are you? Show yourselves!

I really wish we'd lost out to Saudi Sportswashing Machine for 4th now!

Sucks. What should have been a good season has turned into a long drawn out joke.

brick summer with the Modric scenario, brick start to the season.....and then we go on one of the best runs ive seen, positivity is flowing and we are being mentioned as possible title contenders.........and then we go on a dire run but i think, just a couple of good results should be enough to nearly secure third......and they dont come, and then someone Arsenal overtake us but then give us another chance.....and we blow it.......and in the midst of this a phantom goal is scored against us in the semi which kills our chances of getting anything out of the game.....but we secure fourth and we should be celebrating (near) qualification for the champions league......chelsea fluked a win against Barca they cant do it again against Bayern in Bayerns home ground.......BUT THEY fudging DO IT SOMEHOW!!!!

what a load of brick. how can one team have so much go against them in such a short space of time.

Disappointing. Tonight was out of our hands but tonight was the icing on a cake made out of brick.

Sucks. What should have been a good season has turned into a long drawn out joke.

brick summer with the Modric scenario, brick start to the season.....and then we go on one of the best runs ive seen, positivity is flowing and we are being mentioned as possible title contenders.........and then we go on a dire run but i think, just a couple of good results should be enough to nearly secure third......and they dont come, and then someone Arsenal overtake us but then give us another chance.....and we blow it.......and in the midst of this a phantom goal is scored against us in the semi which kills our chances of getting anything out of the game.....but we secure fourth and we should be celebrating (near) qualification for the champions league......chelsea fluked a win against Barca they cant do it again against Bayern in Bayerns home ground.......BUT THEY fudging DO IT SOMEHOW!!!!

what a load of brick. how can one team have so much go against them in such a short space of time.

Disappointing. Tonight was out of our hands but tonight was the icing on a cake made out of brick.

Exactly how I feel. Just a sick sick joke overall tbh. Can't believe how from February to now the changes that have occured to leave us where we are.....ah well. A summer of uncertainty on the horizon and an even bigger task of attempting to qualify for the Champions League than its ever been before.

agree we seem to be cursed. Goes back to the Mendez "goal" from the halfway line which would have given us the the three points at man u and 4th spot. Then the two phantom "goals" that Chelski were awarded. Lasagnagate. Fulop. Chelsea winning against Barca and away at Munich. Giving up a 13point lead. It surely cant get much worse. Can it?

I still feel we blew it at Villa. With two games to go we had it in our hands............What with Rednapps poor tactics away at Sunderland, Everton, Liverpool and Villa - we really (unfortunately) shot ourselves in the foot. We sadly just dont have the killer instinct. Signing off now - too upset to continue

I feel sorry for myself for feeling sorry for myself, but fudge me, yes, we are definitely cursed. "And if you know your history ..." - you wouldn't want to support or play for Tottenham Hotspur. fudge. It's just ridiculous. What kind of absurd force in the universe keeps doing this brick to us? Flabbergasted is the word. fudge me, we'll probably get relegated next season. Might as well, maybe we'll win something in the end.

I still feel we blew it at Villa. With two games to go we had it in our hands............What with Rednapps poor tactics away at Sunderland, Everton, Liverpool and Villa - we really (unfortunately) shot ourselves in the foot. We sadly just dont have the killer instinct. Signing off now - too upset to continue

Agree. Was screaming at my computer. Arsenal had drawn, Newcaslte had lost. It was 1-1, 25 minutes to go. A draw wouldn't have helped us unless Arsenal screwed up their final game. Every decent manager in the world would have put on a striker and gone for the win. Harry didn't! He screwed up!

I feel sorry for myself for feeling sorry for myself, but fudge me, yes, we are definitely cursed. "And if you know your history ..." - you wouldn't want to support or play for Tottenham Hotspur. fudge. It's just ridiculous. What kind of absurd force in the universe keeps doing this brick to us? Flabbergasted is the word. fudge me, we'll probably get relegated next season. Might as well, maybe we'll win something in the end.
Don't. I might not have been around last time we were out of the top flight, but the couple of years hanging on near the edge, needing Klinsmann to secure it at Selhurst..... those days shredded my nerves and left me feeling far worse than today has. brick as I feel.

there has to be a full investigation into tonight's result.

I think Robben was paid off. Such a feeble penalty. There's no other reason for that miss. Fulop and Robben must be brought to justice.

Yeah I agree with Libero. This season was just there to get our hopes up and making us feel really positive, before crashing us right back down to Earth in the most horrific way possible.

The thing that absolutely infuriates me..

Is that the players in our team 'demanding Champions League football' (Bale, Modric) are the ones who failed to do the business on the pitch. They hold the team over this barrel with demands of getting into the top 4, but they're the fudgers whose job it is to do it!

Modern football eh?

Is that the players in our team 'demanding Champions League football' (Bale, Modric) are the ones who failed to do the business on the pitch. They hold the team over this barrel with demands of getting into the top 4, but they're the fudgers whose job it is to do it!

Modern football eh?

Nature of the beast Mullet.....so frustrating.

In any other industry they would be told to shut up and get on with it year after year if they didn't deliver but ultimately they will probably get what they want.

how long have Modric and Bale been waiting for a decent striker or two to put away the numerous chances they create

they have every right to be pi$$ed off with the chairman and manager

Bale has been toss since the turn of the year! thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread now, hardly ever gets any crosses in now like he used to and thinks he can score from anyhere!

Actually, that's it, tickle my balls with a feather. I hope the conversation in the chairmans office on Monday goes something like this:

MODRIC/BALE: I want Champions League football (stomp)

LEVY: Well bloody well go out there and earn it for Tottenham Hotspur. And when you are sitting in third, with 13 points to spare, dont **** it up again. NEXT.

It is easy to keep them. Levy did it last year, despite Harry trying to upset the applecart.

We hold the aces, they are under contratct.

I'm in the camp where players have to earn it!!! Modric should offer more goals regardless of whether he is a deep lying playmaker or an attacking midfielder. His goal return is awful.

Bale needs to stop believing his own hype and get back to what he is good at.

Reality is that they weren't voted our best players this season because they haven been yet everyone assumes the they are our best.

For me Kaboom has been our best player by some way and I'd be more concerned if he was chirping up about leaving. You kinda get used to it from attacking players as it goes with their egos.... You don't get it from defenders as much including that Benny article last week.

Actually, that's it, tickle my balls with a feather. I hope the conversation in the chairmans office on Monday goes something like this:

MODRIC/BALE: I want Champions League football (stomp)

LEVY: Well bloody well go out there and earn it for Tottenham Hotspur. And when you are sitting in third, with 13 points to spare, dont **** it up again. NEXT.

If I was to reply to that as a player I'd point out the amount 'net' Levy has spent in the last 4 windows.

Back