• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

AVB is now officially PSG's priority but they dont think he'll accept.

His leaving clause is 12m Euro

Information from Lequipe and radio Monte Carlo.

Not even remotely worried that he will go. Feels good for me, two of the biggest clubs in the European football market are after our manager and best player. How far we've came since we had David Pleat and Gary Doherty

Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas

though i think its ridiculous to consider that he'll move after just one season, i thought the man deserves his own rumours thread...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...s-tottenham-andre-villas-boas-psg-job?cc=4716

Villas-Boas, 35, has emerged as the favourite to succeed Ancelotti in the French capital with the Guardian reporting on Monday evening officials of Qatar Sports Investments (QSI), which owns PSG, had held weekend-long talks with the Spurs' boss' agent.

Currently on holiday in the Bahamas, Villas-Boas, whose contract in north London has two years to run, has given no indication as to his plans, but Jorge told Le Parisien he is confident his fellow countryman could make a successful short hop across the Channel.

"Today, PSG has become a great team and Villas-Boas is capable of coaching a big team. When it comes down to it, it's the players who do great things on the pitch, and Villas-Boas will find them at PSG. He's a very young coach, but I see a great future for him. He's cut out for that."

Should Villas-Boas accept PSG's offer, which would likely be a single-year deal with a further year on option - the same contract offer Michael Laudrup reportedly turned down last week - he would have at his disposal a squad capable of making a big impact in the Champions League, a competition Spurs will miss out on again next season.

Re: Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas

Difficult to think that, after his experience at his previous project club, AVB would be interested in moving to another one where he will probably have to make the CL semis each year in order to keep his job

As a fan, its easy to over-state teh attractions of Spurs but you'd have to think that for a manager we'd have to be attactive given we're pretty damn big (10th-15th biggest in Europe?), have a decent squad already, decent facilities which are only going to get better, quite a big squad with some top class players, a chairman who supports his manager financially, not a pure hire and fire culture....Spurs have to be a great opportunity for a manager to actually build something

At the time of hiring it was reported to be a £16m deal over three years. So like £5m per year, one year has gone. So £10m left, which is about 12m Euros?

that's not so much a release fee as the price for buying out his contract - or is it the same thing? id have thought you could put in place a buy out fee similar to that of a player which is set at the same price throughout

that's not so much a release fee as the price for buying out his contract - or is it the same thing? id have thought you could put in place a buy out fee similar to that of a player which is set at the same price throughout

This. You need agreement from the club to buy off someones contrat.

But if there is a release clause, you pay what the release is and he is yours.

There is a difference.

This. You need agreement from the club to buy off someones contrat.

But if there is a release clause, you pay what the release is and he is yours.

There is a difference.

exactly there is no buy-out clause of 10m for avb - if levy blocks this and der he will its a no goer.....bit different from players but im sure avb wants to continue with what he has started with us.

Difficult to think that, after his experience at his previous project club, AVB would be interested in moving to another one where he will probably have to make the CL semis each year in order to keep his job

As a fan, its easy to over-state teh attractions of Spurs but you'd have to think that for a manager we'd have to be attactive given we're pretty damn big (10th-15th biggest in Europe?), have a decent squad already, decent facilities which are only going to get better, quite a big squad with some top class players, a chairman who supports his manager financially, not a pure hire and fire culture....Spurs have to be a great opportunity for a manager to actually build something

I'd disagree with those two (we often irrevocably damage our season by haggling to the last minute and we sacked Redknapp and Jol without too much thought), but other than that...sure, I agree.

Villas Boas through his agent apparently turned down PSG. They didnt get to speak to him directly. They are only offering him a one year contract anyway as Wenger will step up next summer when his Arsenal contract runs out.

i don't think Wenger will go there - struggled through the Emirates building and paying off years and now is in a position to spend the hard earned money and he's going to leave for another club?

Villas Boas through his agent apparently turned down PSG. They didnt get to speak to him directly. They are only offering him a one year contract anyway as Wenger will step up next summer when his Arsenal contract runs out.

That sounds good. Where did you hear that?

though i think its ridiculous to consider that he'll move after just one season, i thought the man deserves his own rumours thread...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...s-tottenham-andre-villas-boas-psg-job?cc=4716

Villas-Boas, 35, has emerged as the favourite to succeed Ancelotti in the French capital with the Guardian reporting on Monday evening officials of Qatar Sports Investments (QSI), which owns PSG, had held weekend-long talks with the Spurs' boss' agent.

Currently on holiday in the Bahamas, Villas-Boas, whose contract in north London has two years to run, has given no indication as to his plans, but Jorge told Le Parisien he is confident his fellow countryman could make a successful short hop across the Channel.

"Today, PSG has become a great team and Villas-Boas is capable of coaching a big team. When it comes down to it, it's the players who do great things on the pitch, and Villas-Boas will find them at PSG. He's a very young coach, but I see a great future for him. He's cut out for that."

Should Villas-Boas accept PSG's offer, which would likely be a single-year deal with a further year on option - the same contract offer Michael Laudrup reportedly turned down last week - he would have at his disposal a squad capable of making a big impact in the Champions League, a competition Spurs will miss out on again next season.

Nothing shocks me with football anymore. I don't believe for one minute that AVB has any affinity towards Spurs other than his pay cheque and that Spurs are a vehicle to take him somewhere his ego believes he belongs. Hopefully he'll take Spurs all the way, but more likely medium term he'll be sacked after the first few weeks of trouble (as is Levy's usual MO) or he'll leave us to join a larger club when he starts being successful. Such is the life of a stepping stone club. We just have to hope that he improves us enough so that when he does move on we are a contender and no just a stepping stone for the next Managerial candidate.

That sounds good. Where did you hear that?

It has always been the owner's dream to have Wenger and he will take over next summer. Didnt want to break his contract with Arsenal wich finishes next summer.

I listen RMC radio Monte Carlo where French/spanish and Italian journalist are on air every night.

Phillipe Aucler represents the english side. (hes a gooner, mate of Wenger and hangs out with Grimandi amongst others)

Fred Hermel is the spanish correspondant ( Big mate of Florentino Perez)

Didier Mingo does Italy. ( Roma fan and Italian journo)

They also have french journos who know everyone around so they are spot on.

Back