• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

Same goes for Moyes.

Forgot about Moyes. But another perfect example although I think he is a decent Manager and did well with Eeverton which, in the grand scheme of things, is a smaller clu than the current top few.

It is misleading to suggest we were missing Modric, VDV and King when they were no longer Spurs players

Yes but to an extent, they were never replaced. If indeed they could be. Im not starting a discussion on those players but the fact remains, they wernt replaced like for like apart from maybe JV but he needed time to bed in. However, you could say that Modric and VDV may not have played at all well in AVB's system...

this is because you think or are currently thinking in micro analysis. it wouldnt be just one season would it. thats a short term sight....if we get another manager, chances are that the aim would once again to be to hold serve. top 6. that was always AVBs bench mark. which he accomplished

i also dont see managers as people that move to clubs just because of G14 status. I think money plays more of a part for them ...and the intent of a project. People that i would think of that would at least hold serve that if we paid enough would come, Van gaal the lunatic, HItzfeld, I doubt Klopp would come but he would do the same, HIddink, Joachim Löw, Massimiliano Allegri...a guy that has actually battled his way to the top...making a team that can compete with the best,Marcelo Bielsa,Felix Magath,Luciano Spalletti,Mircea Lucescu

These are all guys making either good use of thier resources or shown that they can make good use of their resources...also managing teams that are either very organised, encouraging technical style football, focus more on coaching than management and wont necessarily shy away from development. As such i think resources would be the main issue here,,....which they would have enough of to hold serve for next season and possibly improve us going forward

Oh come on!! LOTS!!!:eek: that WE can get after selling bale that would improve us? There is no way you will ask me to name names and you go out andbmake a bold statement like that and not churn out a list;)

think of one guy...same as the coaching question you asked me. Just one guy that can improve us, or even come close to replicating the significant contribution ....then if you cantor actually...think of any number of players and tell me if you think we can get them all and for what price. I see players as heavily influenced on BOTH career AND financial aspirations and also that they would be looking to cripple teams financially. so yeah i am waiting for the list of players that would make us better were we to sell bale..that we would be able to attract. it would actually show that losing bale according to you would be a blessing in disguise...remember the word "LOTS"

No , i really dont care as much as you and people like you clearly do. i am more a man of actions. When a player says something of importance and then goes out there to show you he means his word then i start taking them seriously for their sound bites.....by the way, its not bale in particular its footballers in general. lip service and TV personas quite often dont reflect who they are and their stand points in real life. they say what they are supposed to say. The jumping on AVB thing is more an indication he likes AVB as opposed to a necessity of AVB to Bale's game. Bale does a Heart sign to the crowd.....we dont have as much a significant effect on his development as other factors now do we? if he cheated on his wife the bit on the side doesnt affect spurs i dont think

i dont know. i never said anything about both their fates being tied in with one another, thats your tangent, i wont get into that particular speculation.
i did say though that bale is MUCH MORE an important loss than AVB. I think we could replace AVB, i dont think we can replace bale's quality and i think the team would suffer more without Bale than without AVB in the short term...or even maybe in the long term.
If Bale wants to leave then it isnt down to him, its down to levy, ...the idea that bale is going to boss levy around along with the weight of another club behind is the idea and though process of people that either dont support tottenham or dont know Daniel Levy and how he operates when he has made his mind up. Or people that dont have faith in him.
PLus if we lose bale, yes i would be sad about it but i dont go to work thinking about bale winning a match....i think alot more about tottenham winning that game but that bale carried us. but it will always be tottenham..as long as my club is there i am football supporter. Bale if he wants to leave cause AVB left then he should follow AVB as opposed to just go somewhere else if that was REALLY the reason for him wanting to leave...(Actually i just realised thats what could be happening from pSG perspective. Makes sense as they can attract much better proven than AVB)...or he could stay here with MY team. YAY!!!

slice it however you want...bales average position is that of a forwards...not an Attacking midfielders...an attacking midfielder is VDV...or frank lampard etc...players that you regularly see deep in midfield but have much less defensive responsibilities than others and therefore mimic a free roller of shadow striker...but you very often see them in midfield....bale nowadays you see in a FORWARDS role...and quite often playing on the last line.....an attacking mid doesnt do that with such blatant regularity and complete disregard for the midfield. if bale is an attacking mid then its quite worrying how often he isnt in the game when he is playing UP FRONT. no he plays a forward role IMO. Clearly not an out and out striker,....more of a free-er roaming forward..like Beardsely.

bale is strong where ever he plays. his strength isnt necessarily coming in from the wing...though he is decent at it. If you play him middle..he will score...if you play him wide he will assist and free role himself into the middle to have a pop or assist again anyway. when lennon got injured i pretty much bellowed that bale should move out wide for the sake of the team....that way we can vary our options and he has more scope for movement. i dont know where you were at with that discussion but i have a rather poor recollection of you querying why we should move him out of a central position that he wants to play in. But that might easily not be you. How many goals would you say bale has scored coming in from the right?

i actually dont agree with that. i dont think they have some sort of unspoken pact and /or understanding that if the other one leaves then that would mean the jig is up. I think they like each other and that their careers are their own

Wall of text... I cba to read all of that, be more concise in the future.

Yes we can easily upgrade our players. You don't think we can upgrade on Ade? Lennon? Dempsey? I didn't say we'd buy one solitary player who would improve us more than Bale, we'd buy multiple players. Whilst you have to upgrade on a manager with his direct replacement.

I could churn out a list, or you could just go and read the transfer thread where there are multiple threads about players that people believe would be an upgrade on our current players in those positions.

The players have all spent the year trying to learn AVB's method and have started coming to terms with it. Bring in a new man and we'll just end up having another transitional year. Lose Bale and we won't, as the manager would buy players and continue with his current tactical setup.

Selling Bale when we have told AVB he would stay would likely be a deathblow to that relationship. Allowing AVB to leave would make Bale question our ambition, you can't name a higher profile manager that we would be able to attract at this stage, so why should Bale stay if we're not ambitious?

Bale was invisible for a vast amount of time in a central position. I can quite strongly insist that he is better either coming inside from wide positions or running down the wing because i have watched him play. Most of his central runs have been met with the some of the worst defending i have seen this season, where players continue to back off him until he scores, whereas from wide the defenders have simply had no chance to get in and stop him.

You may have made other points, but i skimmed quickly.

Wall of text... I cba to read all of that, be more concise in future.
Hark at you!

Anyway aside from some French journo who seems to be as full of himself on the Internet as the quoted poster has there been any other inkling that AVB is interested. It's seems like much ado about nothing

Hark at you!

Anyway aside from some French journo who seems to be as full of himself on the Internet as the quoted poster has there been any other inkling that AVB is interested. It's seems like much ado about nothing

POSITIVE POST ALERT !!

POSITIVE POST ALERT !!

WARNING POSITIVE POST IMINENT!!

Avb is staying because in tottenham he has found his match....Chelsea's loss will be our gain for years to come.......Avb will take on mourinho and Wenger and will eventually suceed. each year he will make us stronger and mould the playing staff to his image (playing wise not looks).....we are still transitioning but the signings this summer will show us the way!!!!! they will........he will oversee more than just a new stadium he will live and die and fulfill his dreams with spurs!!!!!!!!!!

why because avb managing spurs feels right.....i cant explain it but it does I just know. we need stability we need a hungry manager with tactical nous and a drive to suceed which we have. Decent first season looking forward to next and see how squad changes.Love AVB Love Spurs heck I even love my mum.

So PSG kindly take you noh he haw french euro's and shove them up your eiffel tower!!

Viva La Spurs!!!

nigeyman is not responsible for looking like a prat if avb joins psg or if he gets us relegated, nigeyman is a registered trademark of a traditional delusional spurs supporter and is not responsible when things do not go in spurs favour. nigeyman is not to be ridiculed...please read terms and conditions.

Last edited:

Wall of text... I cba to read all of that, be more concise in the future.

Yes we can easily upgrade our players. You don't think we can upgrade on Ade? Lennon? Dempsey? I didn't say we'd buy one solitary player who would improve us more than Bale, we'd buy multiple players. Whilst you have to upgrade on a manager with his direct replacement.

I could churn out a list, or you could just go and read the transfer thread where there are multiple threads about players that people believe would be an upgrade on our current players in those positions.

You may have made other points, but i skimmed quickly.

cool dude, i tend to try and get it all out in one go. No biggie...i just wish i didnt waste my time LOL. oh how i miss nayim.....

as it happens i knew full well you wouldnt mention a single name, not one. ever since that time you were talking about facts and proof being the only acceptable way of putting an opinion only to go against that when it suits you:lol:....i have that, wrongly most probably, preconceived notion about you

yeah btw....after the first line of yours the tone...i just skimmed for names to see if you would step up like you ask others to. you didnt so i just shut down to the end....no time wasting this time;)

Neither of them are leaving so its not a relevant question. :-"

LOL

it does seem a bit of an off key choice though doesnt it. choosing AVB over bale as you did....not faulting your logic but if someone asked me that i would say bale all the time.

cool dude, i tend to try and get it all out in one go. No biggie...i just wish i didnt waste my time LOL. oh how i miss nayim.....

as it happens i knew full well you wouldnt mention a single name, not one. ever since that time you were talking about facts and proof being the only acceptable way of putting an opinion only to go against that when it suits you:lol:....i have that, wrongly most probably, preconceived notion about you

yeah btw....after the first line of yours the tone...i just skimmed for names to see if you would step up like you ask others to. you didnt so i just shut down to the end....no time wasting this time;)

He did something similar with me too tbh.

Claimed that it's been proven on here many times that Liverpool relied on Suarez far more than we did Bale. Stated i should provide evidence...i provide evidence that shows Bale won us nearly twice as many points than Suarez did for pool and Liverpool had a far better record than us when Suarez didn't play compared to when Bale didn't play. I ask him to show me the numerous posts that he was talking about that show Suarez was more important and he ignores the post.

That's fine.

I did offer proof, I did not explicitly write it out, however directed you to where you could find a wealth of information, but if you didn't read it then that's cool. If you don't think it's possible to upgrade on any of our player than i guess we're just going to win the league next season. I look forward to it.

The tone? I asked you to be more concise in the future. 'Wall of text' is a commonly used online phrase.

I guess we're done. Which is a shame as i actually liked debating with you, same goes for KD.

Last edited:

I like debating with you too mate but you can't ask someone to provide evidence to back their statement up..the person does exactly that...and then you simply ignore the post. If the shoe was on the other foot i'm sure you would understand what i'm getting at.

I like debating with you too mate but you can't ask someone to provide evidence to back their statement up..the person does exactly that...and then you simply ignore the post. If the shoe was on the other foot i'm sure you would understand what i'm getting at.

I didn't 'simply ignore the post'.

I skim read it. I got the jist of it and asked for him to be more concise in the future. Then i replied to what i thought were the most important parts.

I didn't 'simply ignore the post'.

I skim read it. I got the jist of it and asked for him to be more concise in the future. Then i replied to what i thought were the most important parts.

Well that's pretty much ignoring it being that he made the effort to post such a well structured and detailed response to your posts (much like i did which you also ignored). It's cool though mate.

Well that's pretty much ignoring it being that he made the effort to post such a well structured and detailed response to your posts (much like i did which you also ignored). It's cool though mate.

Personal preference i guess. I'd rather he make the effort to be as direct as possible.

Fair enough though.

thanks man. am glad its not just me that saw it like that

have to be honest i even thought it a tab bit rude if i am honest ...am reading this out to myself

"Wall of text... I cant be arsed to read all of that, be more concise in the future."

am like, dude say waaat? I cant even picture someone saying that in real life without them turning thier nose up at you, then turning their back to you and waving their hands in a dismissive fashion...while at the same time still trying to make a point:-k

but thats just me.

i wouldnt say something like that to someone ..especially after taking time to make a response........:lol: what a complete diss and a total wasted effort on my part. yeah i dont think i'll be missing that attitude no matter how good the poster is

thanks man. am glad its not just me that saw it like that

have to be honest i even thought it a tab bit rude if i am honest ...am reading this out to myself

"Wall of text... I cant be arsed to read all of that, be more concise in the future."

am like, dude say waaat? I cant even picture someone saying that in real life without them turning thier nose up at you, then turning their back to you and waving their hands in a dismissive fashion...while at the same time still trying to make a point:-k

but thats just me.

i wouldnt say something like that to someone ..especially after taking time to make a response........:lol: what a complete diss and a total wasted effort on my part. yeah i dont think i'll be missing that attitude no matter how good the poster is

Could someone do a seven word summary of this for me, please?
:tumbleweed:
(Sorry couldn't resist)

Back