• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: [Article] The AVB Redemption

By giving credit to Levy is my answer.

Levy went out on a limb to get AVB, the bloke had been discredited by the events at Chelsea, he was a big name but his stock was low, the whole thing could have blown up in Levy's face and made him a laughing stock but Levy took the chance to give AVB a chance to redeem his reputation.*

I know that we're only sitting third, we haven't finished third yet but we're the highest performing non-bankrolled club in the PL at the moment.

Both Levy and AVB deserve credit for this. The lads on the pitch haven't done too shabbily either for what it's worth. ;)

*There's some cliches in there alright.

By giving credit to Levy is my answer.

Levy went out on a limb to get AVB, the bloke had been discredited by the events at Chelsea, he was a big name but his stock was low, the whole thing could have blown up in Levy's face and made him a laughing stock but Levy took the chance to give AVB a chance to redeem his reputation.*

I know that we're only sitting third, we haven't finished third yet but we're the highest performing non-bankrolled club in the PL at the moment.

Both Levy and AVB deserve credit for this. The lads on the pitch haven't done too shabbily either for what it's worth. ;)

*There's some cliches in there alright.

Spot on

Preferable imo than a megathread.

Seconded.

Great article and ill have some humble pie too please. Completely admit I used his failed stay with the lottery winners I to cloud my judgement in regards to his appointment.

I really wanted him to suceed when he was appointed our manager.
Its going to sound like a really naive reason but it was simply down to the huge media pressure and focus on him to fail.
Im very happy that he is finally showing his worth and impressing everyone. I still forget he is only 35(?) - Hope we hold onto him for as long as possible.

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

Was thinking the other day about how long he'll stay for and the thing which I took comfort from was the fact that, after his experience at Chelsea, he's a lot less likely to run off to another club which hires and fires managers on an annual basis. You'd assume that he would appreciate that he's being given the freedom to build something at Spurs, rather than having to win the league and CL to avoid being fired and also not having players bought for him that he doesnt want.

Quite honestly I doubt AVB has a release clause as he wasn't negotiating from a position of strength with Levy, either that, or it means RM has to pay us 50M for him.

AVB would be too young for Madrid, they aren't looking at building anything there, quick turnover, instant success.

If he got 3-5 years of good success here, nobody could call him luck/flash in the pan, hope he is smart enough to see that far.

I don't believe it, as Hootnow and Raziel have mentioned. How could AVB ask Levy to put any clause in, when he was probably already pinching himself that Spurs were offering him the job?

But then again, it would be just our luck...

Looking around at the clubs at the business end of the Premier League table, it seems to me that only AVB at Spurs is guaranteed of a long run at the helm.

SAF, despite Manchester United currently being top of the table, doesn't have that much longer left before he becomes a club director.

Mancini at Emirates Marketing Project is living on borrowed time if the club fail to win a trophy this season - their abject failure two seasons running in Europe will not have gone unnoticed with their Sugar Daddy.

We all know that Rafa's time at Chelsea is drawing to a close and we all wait to see who their next "interim manager" will be.

Arsenal are in a perpetual downward spiral and the only way they can possibly halt the decline is to finally get shot of Wenger. This will happen sooner rather than later if they fail to secure Champions League Football.

By contrast and with a bit of luck, André Villas-Boas could be Tottenham's manager for the next decade or more and there's the potential for him to build a lasting dynasty with the club.

Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party, but all the positive press AVB is getting made me remember the ITKs like Jjetset who were telling all and sundry that something was not right at the club and AVB and Levy were already at each others throats.

Now you realise why these ITK are lower than dog brick. I have more respect for Gooners than these Tottenham "supporters".

Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party, but all the positive press AVB is getting made me remember the ITKs like Jjetset who were telling all and sundry that something was not right at the club and AVB and Levy were already at each others throats.

Now you realise why these ITK are lower than dog brick. I have more respect for Gooners than these Tottenham "supporters".

Exactly.
It was total flimflam anyway as Levy and AVB have a very very good relationship and always have had. There were others too...I love Graham Roberts for what he gave us as a player, but his rent-a-mouth gonad*s during that time was exceedingly unhlepful.

Yes.
Just like the ones early season that said he had 'three games to save himself from the sack'...
Don't worry mate, he's in for a while!

That was pretty shocking journalism at the time. The press seemed to really have it in for him.

Also remember the one about player unrest just before the game at OT, and then we went on to win, lol

Good call.

That was pretty shocking journalism at the time. The press seemed to really have it in for him.

Also remember the one about player unrest just before the game at OT, and then we went on to win, lol

Yup.
You only had to look at this board to see how it was flowing mate...very very sad...

I don't believe it, as Hootnow and Raziel have mentioned. How could AVB ask Levy to put any clause in, when he was probably already pinching himself that Spurs were offering him the job?

But then again, it would be just our luck...

Ha! You forget AVB would have had an agent. Levy made it clear enough he wanted AVB so you would expect any agent to exploit that situation to maximum advantage.

Worthless maggots, absolute bottom-feeders - the fact people try and promote their excriment on various forums is beyond me sometimes

That qunt in particular is obviously still sour Levy dropped-kicked his boy the fudge out last summer and couldn't hide his bitterness.

Back