• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

From what you hear???

Please.......

Yeah...I'd like to look into that one further. I've not seen anything from the players regarding that meeting, only AVBs quotes about increasing the complexity of some of the exercises towards the end of sessions.

Also, it's not that people said we couldn't play good football because we lost Modric, any fair person just said it would take time. Now we are doing well, third going into the new year, there's no need to really hold a couple of bad games against him when there would have been obvious teething problems because of the new methods being introduced.

we are still a work in progress, sorting out defence and midfield with the correct mix of players to start and rotate - just think of all the players that AVB has managed to go through in half a season to get to what looks like a very settled and capable team with sufficient backup.

only area left to work on is in attack - where the late apperance and continued absence of ade and dempsey prevents us to have any kind of consistency up in the link up to attack and in the attack itself. this will be an interesting one as defoe is making himself somewhat of the club legend, while ade does look better for the team.

Also, I've constantly been told we cant play well as we didnt properly replace Modric. Turns out we CAN put in half decent performances with this squad. Who'd have thought with Lennon, bale, sandro, dembele, Ade, Defoe that this was ever possible...

No you haven't, pay attention! What you HAVE been told is that AVB has had to implement a system of play without having our central player for the past two seasons. VERY DIFFERENT! In fact, had you actually bothered paying attention, you would've read most people saying that Modric is irreplaceable! Further, you'll have read people saying that AVB had to develop and implement a system despite also not getting his own personal choice in Moutinho.

Time and time again you make these pathetic statements which show you don't read what people say, you only see in their words what you want to see.

I suppose, however, I'm 'lying' to you again...

AvBs plans are beginning to take shape I feel, the team are playing well, and with confidence. I don't think we can get anyone better than what we already have in Jan, but I may be wrong. We need Ade and Defoe to start scoring again, but also from other parts of the pitch, so it has been nice to see Bale and Azza getting them in recent games. Maybe Verts can get another, Caulker was close, Walker with another howitzer, even Naughton had a great chance, he needs to be a lot more of a 'bastard' and show intent. I think we are in very good shape getting Parker back, Benny and kaboom soon too... the second half of the season will depend on which rotation calls AvB will get right and wrong IMO - with a bit of luck thrown in here and there.

Is it my imagination or are our two speedy wingers actually playing how some wanted them to and some said wouldn't work? Attacking the opposition from both flanks, coming in centrally, switching when needed?

I feel both Bale and Azza are starting to torment more and more as they can and I hope Azza take note of the goal yesterday and has that bit mroe confidence to go it alone (a very Balesque goal).

Perhaps having two central players like Sandro and Dembele gives them more of a license to roam? Perhaps not having Modric has some positives?

Walker looks less inclined to to a Glen Johnson and tread all over Azza's toes, perhaps this has worked in our favour too?

Could have had it's own thread but I'm putting this change on AVB's tactics.

Theyve both gone up a notch, I think AVB has pretty much told them to drive at the heart of defences, (most evident against United). This works great away from home. I think we're missing the final pass in the final third in the home games, but I dont think thats anything to do with our playing style, more the players available, we had VDV and Modric to help with this last year, who are more creative than what we've got in the middle now.

AVB has done wonders, considering we have lost Modric/VDV/King and Kaboul, Ekotto, Parker have been injured for a large spell, we are doing extremely well to be sitting in 3rd right now. Hes the man to take us to the next level. I trust AVB.

Yeah...I'd like to look into that one further. I've not seen anything from the players regarding that meeting, only AVBs quotes about increasing the complexity of some of the exercises towards the end of sessions.

Also, it's not that people said we couldn't play good football because we lost Modric, any fair person just said it would take time. Now we are doing well, third going into the new year, there's no need to really hold a couple of bad games against him when there would have been obvious teething problems because of the new methods being introduced.

Gallas said they looked at videos to try and find out what they were doing wrong. Haven't seen anyone else mention anything.

Well here we are at the turn of the year and I'm happy to admit AVB is proving me wrong thus far. Keep going champ!

Some media are already linking AVB to Real Madrid if and when Mourinho leaves. Hard to see him reject Real if they do come for him. Just hope we can keep him atleast for 3 years. Afterall, we don't keep any managers for more than 3 years !

No you haven't, pay attention! What you HAVE been told is that AVB has had to implement a system of play without having our central player for the past two seasons. VERY DIFFERENT! In fact, had you actually bothered paying attention, you would've read most people saying that Modric is irreplaceable! Further, you'll have read people saying that AVB had to develop and implement a system despite also not getting his own personal choice in Moutinho.

Time and time again you make these pathetic statements which show you don't read what people say, you only see in their words what you want to see.

I suppose, however, I'm 'lying' to you again...

i do wonder sometimes if people actually read what is posted or whether they just create a fictional poster in their mind and argue against that instead

Basically what Jelavic and Cisse did last season

What and they both finished 4th? I think bar a striker our squad is currently good enough. Levy runs the club on a very sound footing and he has my total repsct for that. I am amazed at our squad quality when we don't have the income streams of the other Champions league clubs. Dembele seems to be criticalto our play but how are you intending to get decent cover for him, who will be happy to sit on the bench when Dembele is playing? A striker would be great but it has to be the right person at the right price not the usual last minute panic buy. That said I would n't mind a punt at ISCO, young, skilful and a very good playmaker - Malaga are in financial trouble and may take the money.

I don't think we'll see as many short term signings any more. Any new players will either go straight into the first XI (ie. better than what we have) or be younger players signed for their potential, but this is really for another part of the forum.

Some media are already linking AVB to Real Madrid if and when Mourinho leaves. Hard to see him reject Real if they do come for him. Just hope we can keep him atleast for 3 years. Afterall, we don't keep any managers for more than 3 years !

There's no chance that Madrid are interested in AVB at this stage in his career. Doesn't have nearly enough experience or record of success to fit their managerial mould.

And, if he has a brain on him, he won't be interested in Madrid at this stage of his career either. He has just recovered from the chastening experience of briefly managing a highly politicised club which hires and fires managers on a whim. And Madrid is even more extreme than Chelsea in both respects.

I think he knows now that a club like Spurs is perfect for him for the next 3-5 years at least. He won't be in a hurry to leave. He wants to build something here.

There's no chance that Madrid are interested in AVB at this stage in his career. Doesn't have nearly enough experience or record of success to fit their managerial mould.

And, if he has a brain on him, he won't be interested in Madrid at this stage of his career either. He has just recovered from the chastening experience of briefly managing a highly politicised club which hires and fires managers on a whim. And Madrid is even more extreme than Chelsea in both respects.

I think he knows now that a club like Spurs is perfect for him for the next 3-5 years at least. He won't be in a hurry to leave. He wants to build something here.

AVB would be silly, like you say, to go to Madrid Anyone would be actually theyre as bad as Chelscum.

As if you can call anyone silly for going to Real Madrid. They are arguably the biggest club in the world. No matter who you are, you don't get many chances to manage that club its a once in a lifetime opportunity. AVB would have the belief in himself and rightly so that he would have what it takes to succeed. And if he didn't he'd get a handsome payout and a job at another good club like he did after Chelsea.....

Agree. The guy could be managing for the next 30 years, can't imagine he'd be in a rush to take a job like Madrid

As if you can call anyone silly for going to Real Madrid. They are arguably the biggest club in the world. No matter who you are, you don't get many chances to manage that club its a once in a lifetime opportunity. AVB would have the belief in himself and rightly so that he would have what it takes to succeed. And if he didn't he'd get a handsome payout and a job at another good club like he did after Chelsea.....

As I said, there's no chance that Madrid are interested in AVB yet anyway. He'd have to achieve a lot more before they come calling.

And, sure, Madrid are the biggest club in the world. But that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a mistake for someone like AVB to manage them at this stage of his career. Far better to get some mileage under his belt first, to hone his skills and, crucially, to develop the gravitas and nous which he lacked at Chelsea and without which he would be crushed at Madrid.

As I said, there's no chance that Madrid are interested in AVB yet anyway. He'd have to achieve a lot more before they come calling.

And, sure, Madrid are the biggest club in the world. But that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a mistake for someone like AVB to manage them at this stage of his career. Far better to get some mileage under his belt first, to hone his skills and, crucially, to develop the gravitas and nous which he lacked at Chelsea and without which he would be crushed at Madrid.

Let's hope you're right and Madrid aren't interested. But he is seen as a young version of Mourinho.

Whether me or you or anyone else thought it would be a mistake...doesn't mean he'd be silly for taking the job if offered. And you see managers and players taking opportunities at bigger clubs all the time when the consensus is that they'd be better off staying where they are - if a player or manager has the ambition and the belief they can be a success at such a club they will go. Of course it sounds ideal, AVB learns his trade and proves himself at us for the next 3-5 years and then goes off to his big dream job. But who says Real Madrid will want him at that time? They might well have someone else they're happy with then. That's why many grasp the opportunity when they can, and he wouldn't be 'silly' for taking it. Whether he was a success or a failure there he'd get another good job opportunity after....

you can call them silly - Madrid lack patience. They want instant success.

AVB is already a wealthy man after getting his payout from Chelscum. Dont forget his stock was fairly low after Chelscum and now his stock is rising slowly again... maybe in his 40's he would take it but he is still fairly young.

I would think if Real call he'll be off, no doubt. You only get that call once in your life.

In saying that he is nowhere near ready for that job and taking a chance on an up and coming is not how Real work. I think he'll be here for a few more years.

Back