• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

There were moments today when we looked like Brazil! Don't know how much is the coaching, and how much is the setup, but there always seems to be a pass on, and the players are taking it. Pass and move football. It just looks so easy at times!

Perhaps that's why we were so poor at the end of games earlier this season? Players busting a gut to get in position to receive a pass, which leaves them knackered after 85 minutes? Hopefully AVB will continue to develop a continental passing game and, as the players get used to it, it'll become much easier for them? As in, less energy wasted once they know, by instinct, exactly where they should be?

It's what he's been working on impressing all season mate, along with a higher line and yes, I think we're 'just' starting see the results though I believe it will get stronger and stronger.

Who says they would sit on the bench? You wouldn't wanna sign Ba, Llorente or Huntelaar? You do realise were down to one striker if Defoe or Adebayor gets injured? The rest of the squad is fine apart from a creative midfielder. I'm not talking about massive wholesale changes.

No to Huntelaar. That ship sailed. Llorente? Not going anywhere in Jan unless the money is stupid. Ba? In theory a decent signing but frankly, I'm not sure he CAN work as hard as Ade does. He has the chronic knee...Ade should've scored today and missed a sitter but once again I thought his workrate was strong...

No to Huntelaar. That ship sailed. Llorente? Not going anywhere in Jan unless the money is stupid. Ba? In theory a decent signing but frankly, I'm not sure he CAN work as hard as Ade does. He has the chronic knee...Ade should've scored today and missed a sitter but once again I thought his workrate was strong...

Llorente's contract is up next summer so I don't think he'd cost a fortune. If we can get him for say £15m, that would be well worth it. And we all know about Ba's release clause. His knee condition makes him a risk, but it's paid off for Saudi Sportswashing Machine so far.

Llorente's contract is up next summer so I don't think he'd cost a fortune. If we can get him for say £15m, that would be well worth it. And we all know about Ba's release clause. His knee condition makes him a risk, but it's paid off for Saudi Sportswashing Machine so far.

We won't sign either mate.

My PERSONAL hunch is that we will wait until summer and try for someone then...

Where? I said we didn't have any strikers on the bench. I didn't say the striker we hopefully will sign will go straight to the bench. Very apt name btw, you're almost as annoying as the character from Harry Enfield.

Mmm..you asked a question and I replied. And you go straight to insults.
Don't make a point unless you can back it up. You said you wanted a striker on the bench.

While I almost agree, having Siggy/Benny/Parker back in team will add to a good squad already ...

There is something about a quality signing at this point that will show ambition, lift the team, show Levy backing AVB, show us not being content with "competing for 4th"

I agree. Lets not repeat the same mistakes we have made in the previous two January windows. Let's aim higher.

Another good performance today overall. Need to put a few results together though as we are potentially 6th should the games in hand go against us.

And totally disagree that we are seeing anything we have been working towards. For a start away from home has been like that from early on, but AVB has made noticeable changes that have seen us play a bit better. This has been the result of stuff not working, so credit for doing this even though it could have been done from the start. I'm glad we no longer put everyone back in our own half when the opposition has the ball, from what I hear this was the main thing the players raised in the meeting to discuss late goals.

And I hope these better performances show the "special" people in this thread what positive is, it's a lot better than that brick you lot tried to tell me was good previously isn't it? (Note I don't actually believe certain ppl were happy, as nothing they have posted in the past makes me think they will have been impressed with this season, but I guess it's obvious as to the reason behind these posts).

There were moments today when we looked like Brazil! Don't know how much is the coaching, and how much is the setup, but there always seems to be a pass on, and the players are taking it. Pass and move football. It just looks so easy at times!

Perhaps that's why we were so poor at the end of games earlier this season? Players busting a gut to get in position to receive a pass, which leaves them knackered after 85 minutes? Hopefully AVB will continue to develop a continental passing game and, as the players get used to it, it'll become much easier for them? As in, less energy wasted once they know, by instinct, exactly where they should be?

We arent as free flow as before but there seems to be a lot more purpose to our play than before

Also, I've constantly been told we cant play well as we didnt properly replace Modric. Turns out we CAN put in half decent performances with this squad. Who'd have thought with Lennon, bale, sandro, dembele, Ade, Defoe that this was ever possible...

Unless we sign someone we properly want for the future i think we'll give it a miss - which i back tbf

The problem with Levy is that he's shown in the past that he'll only really spend when we "need" to, I can imagine him telling AVB that he's got us in the top 4 after 20 games so he should be able to get us there after 38.

Unless we sign someone we properly want for the future i think we'll give it a miss - which i back tbf

That's the wrong way to go this January imo. We need to take a chance on someone (even if it's a short term fix) to give us that extra push to land top 4. You have to remember that Bale's spurs future is probably dependant on a top 4 finish too so theres a lot to lose.

We need that one bit of spark, that one gamble this january. even if that player has an awesome 6 months but is turd brick there after it was still a gamble that paid off if we finish top 4.

The problem with Levy is that he's shown in the past that he'll only really spend when we "need" to, I can imagine him telling AVB that he's got us in the top 4 after 20 games so he should be able to get us there after 38.

That is def wrong attitude to take - this is why when we are riding high we have never really pushed on. The BEST time to buy is when youre sitting in third/fourth coming new year

Another good performance today overall. Need to put a few results together though as we are potentially 6th should the games in hand go against us.

And totally disagree that we are seeing anything we have been working towards. For a start away from home has been like that from early on, but AVB has made noticeable changes that have seen us play a bit better. This has been the result of stuff not working, so credit for doing this even though it could have been done from the start. I'm glad we no longer put everyone back in our own half when the opposition has the ball, from what I hear this was the main thing the players raised in the meeting to discuss late goals.

And I hope these better performances show the "special" people in this thread what positive is, it's a lot better than that brick you lot tried to tell me was good previously isn't it? (Note I don't actually believe certain ppl were happy, as nothing they have posted in the past makes me think they will have been impressed with this season, but I guess it's obvious as to the reason behind these posts).

From what you hear???

Please.......

Back