• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

The big fear for me in regards to the younger voter is that now Harris has stepped up and there appears to be a groundswell of support for her the youth think will think they have already won, won't vote and will drift onto the next "event".
It's no coincidence that attention spans are being eroded.

There is a lot to fight. Harris will remind people forcefully that there is a fight to be won. I think she can not just galvanise but engage the youth vote all the way. Lots of lessons have been learned since 2016; it is why Harris is here at all IMO...

In my addeled imagination I get this picture of Trump supporters sitting on the "hood" of their trucks with a shotgun in their laps outside polling stations looking for Democrats.

Thankfully the black and female vote (especially among younger people) is there to be won, and she can legitimately map out a future because she is not 103.
With over $100m in donations flooding in over a couple of days, and the majority first time donors, it would appear that she has won a lot over already.

With over $100m in donations flooding in over a couple of days, and the majority first time donors, it would appear that she has won a lot over already.
A lot of that will be people who simply withheld or reduced donations in horror at the Biden unravelling and now feel there's a more realistic figurehead for their team.

What is amusing (or enraging if you are maga) is the huge effort and investment Trump's side have put into the anti-Biden messaging. This has been going on years and years. They went after Biden before he even declared himself a candidate way back (see Burisma). All of this 'work' gone in the blink of an eye. Hilarious.

Another thing which has quickly become apparent is that you shouldn't let two SA tech bros pick your vice president candidate. Vance is tanking bad and it would seem is a dead weight on Trump's campaign rather than an asset.

A lot of that will be people who simply withheld or reduced donations in horror at the Biden unravelling and now feel there's a more realistic figurehead for their team.
Yes, but they weren't interested, possibly wouldn't vote and some may have voted for Trump. Now they are actively engaged.
Also, that's a big war chest she is building.

What is amusing (or enraging if you are maga) is the huge effort and investment Trump's side have put into the anti-Biden messaging. This has been going on years and years. They went after Biden before he even declared himself a candidate way back (see Burisma). All of this 'work' gone in the blink of an eye. Hilarious.

Another thing which has quickly become apparent is that you shouldn't let two SA tech bros pick your vice president candidate. Vance is tanking bad and it would seem is a dead weight on Trump's campaign rather than an asset.
Bit premature/wishful thinking to claim Vance is tanking bad. But then it's hard to get an objective view on such things, even outside USA.

He’s certainly tanking with Trump - the body language when they are together already shows that. As Scaramucci says, Trump doesn’t like people around him who are smarter than him.

There is a lot to fight. Harris will remind people forcefully that there is a fight to be won. I think she can not just galvanise but engage the youth vote all the way. Lots of lessons have been learned since 2016; it is why Harris is here at all IMO...
it's a long election process, momentum will swing back and forth, keeping he youth vote engaged is going to be crucial.

Bit premature/wishful thinking to claim Vance is tanking bad. But then it's hard to get an objective view on such things, even outside USA.
Well it is early days to be sure but early indications are not good. He is not very charismatic ( a pre-requirement for populism) and the eyeliner is not making up for it.

I've read in some places Trump is already thinking of ditching him.

He’s certainly tanking with Trump - the body language when they are together already shows that. As Scaramucci says, Trump doesn’t like people around him who are smarter than him.
That doesn't leave a lot of people to choose from.

I just spotted this which explains the whole couch meme thing that has been going on. I was wondering what that was about.
1721833165931.png

Last edited:
So according to Trump, Kamala Harris 'has let 20 million immigrants stampede across the border'. Ridiculously - and dangerously - inflamatory language.
Although he did say he had changed his mind about being nice, so normal service resumed I guess.
I have a pretty low opinion of many of our politicians over here, but they would never be allowed to get away with all the personal insults and vitriol that comes from Trump. Is he ever challenged on what he says?

In my addeled imagination I get this picture of Trump supporters sitting on the "hood" of their trucks with a shotgun in their laps outside polling stations looking for Democrats.
There is going to be a significant amount of disruption, the fight is real. And we are already going to see small pocket civil war if she wins, as I believe some states will refuse to acknowledge federal government, which in some cases will see state troopers facing off against the national guard. We're already pretty much there; this is one of the last chances to stem the tide. And before someone pops up to tell me I'm 'buying into the hype machine', nobody should forgert Jan 6th 2021. Did anyone really, really think when Trump was elected in 2016 that they'd see the seat of government and the Presidency stormed and taken over like that? This is very, very real brick (I know you know mate, just reitarating for others who might think this is all 'overkill')...

So according to Trump, Kamala Harris 'has let 20 million immigrants stampede across the border'. Ridiculously - and dangerously - inflamatory language.
Although he did say he had changed his mind about being nice, so normal service resumed I guess.
I have a pretty low opinion of many of our politicians over here, but they would never be allowed to get away with all the personal insults and vitriol that comes from Trump. Is he ever challenged on what he says?

Yes and no. He is challenged in media, etc, but on political stages no, not especially. There is absolutely no decorum whatsoever. In fact, the latest strategy to attack Harris largely lies in pretty clear mysogeny and racism. Honestly, he and the GOP sound like lunatics. You want to know who I think helped Trump become President when he did/open the pathways for this? Nigel Farage. The scumbag arsehole.

Well it is early days to be sure but early indications are not good. He is not very charismatic ( a pre-requirement for populism) and the eyeliner is not making up for it.

I've read in some places Trump is already thinking of ditching him.

From the same guy, it seems rather early to be putting stuff like this out.
But if he's right on both things, Trump won't care if his VP is unpopular if Harris bombs

Back