• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Harris needs to pick a political heavyweight as her number 2. Newsome would be perfect, but I am not sure he would choose to leave the Californian governorship to be vice president
I think the duo of Harris and Newsome would wipe the floor with Trump and Vance. Newsome wants the presidency, so starting off as VP should help.

I can imagine that if they win, we get the same situation in 4 years, with Harris not wanting another term, and handing it to Newsome.

I think the duo of Harris and Newsome would wipe the floor with Trump and Vance. Newsome wants the presidency, so starting off as VP should help.

I can imagine that if they win, we get the same situation in 4 years, with Harris not wanting another term, and handing it to Newsome.

I take such a more relaxed view on life and politics now and TBH I laugh at both daily now rather than get hot under the collar about either, I find there is little you can do to really impact either on a major level so concentrate on certain areas I can. With that said I have looked in at American politics and I don't think I have laughed as much about politics ever in my life and I apologise for anyone on here like @thfcsteff who have to deal with the serious implications of it all but my GHod its funny. I mean our system is all over the shop and people like Farage are the clown prince of British politics BUT Trump and the US is on a whole other level, yeh the bloke nearly got killed but the solidarity to ear bandages? Come on now......If Neil Kinnock rolled out Shirley Crabtree waving a Union Jack he would have been ridiculed AND seemingly its ok to support a nailed on rapist but don't you dare have a funny laugh. Honestly its just absolutely bonkers to me

Nah, Newsome is Governor of California, Harris needs a running mate from one of the battleground states. She needs Bashear, Cooper or Shapeiro

She'll be 65 then. The sort of age you imagine winding down. The same as Starmer (who is the same age) is imagined to be unlikely to fancy doing a 2 termer.
She's only 59, so would be 63. But I don't think it's because she would consider herself old. I just got a feeling she wouldn't have ambition to do a second term. I'm probably wrong though.

She's only 59, so would be 63. But I don't think it's because she would consider herself old. I just got a feeling she wouldn't have ambition to do a second term. I'm probably wrong though.
Apparently the Constitution says that if she has to take over from Biden until January then that counts as a term, so she may not have much of a choice.

I take such a more relaxed view on life and politics now and TBH I laugh at both daily now rather than get hot under the collar about either, I find there is little you can do to really impact either on a major level so concentrate on certain areas I can. With that said I have looked in at American politics and I don't think I have laughed as much about politics ever in my life and I apologise for anyone on here like @thfcsteff who have to deal with the serious implications of it all but my GHod its funny. I mean our system is all over the shop and people like Farage are the clown prince of British politics BUT Trump and the US is on a whole other level, yeh the bloke nearly got killed but the solidarity to ear bandages? Come on now......If Neil Kinnock rolled out Shirley Crabtree waving a Union Jack he would have been ridiculed AND seemingly its ok to support a nailed on rapist but don't you dare have a funny laugh. Honestly its just absolutely bonkers to me
Unfortunately the whole world will likely suffer very serious consequences should Trump get in, and the UK certainly won’t be immune from that, particularly if Trump pulls the US from NATO.

The right decision by Biden but i think it's far too late, can't believe USA will vote for a black woman much better to have an aging megalomaniac with a shady history of financial and sexual practices, but he does have G O D on his side.

Apparently the Constitution says that if she has to take over from Biden until January then that counts as a term, so she may not have much of a choice.

Unfortunately the whole world will likely suffer very serious consequences should Trump get in, and the UK certainly won’t be immune from that, particularly if Trump pulls the US from NATO.

Yeh no doubt at all,

Indeed mate, I agree there is a level of absurdity which is impossible not to laugh at. I do too.
But yes, the effects are already in full swing. Whatever happens, the US is on a death march to pockets of civil war. If Harris wins, trust me, some states will stick two fingers to the Federal Gvmt and adhere to state rule. That will see state troopers potentially in conflict with federal agents/military. The potential for deep fudgery is already upon us sadly...

The right decision by Biden but i think it's far too late, can't believe USA will vote for a black woman much better to have an aging megalomaniac with a shady history of financial and sexual practices, but he does have G O D on his side.

Thankfully the black and female vote (especially among younger people) is there to be won, and she can legitimately map out a future because she is not 103.

Indeed mate, I agree there is a level of absurdity which is impossible not to laugh at. I do too.
But yes, the effects are already in full swing. Whatever happens, the US is on a death march to pockets of civil war. If Harris wins, trust me, some states will stick two fingers to the Federal Gvmt and adhere to state rule. That will see state troopers potentially in conflict with federal agents/military. The potential for deep fudgery is already upon us sadly...
Oh heck

Back