• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

Is that record over his whole career? I think at Liverpool it's a fair bit better (in terms of gpg) - of course the problem is his fitness but that's why it's such a thing - 'his record at Liverpool is great...if only he'd get over his fitness problems he'd potentially be one of the best in the league' which I believe is true

Whole career and his record on loan at Bolton was 8 in 12

His problem is at least half in his head. Someone was taking about him on the radio the Other day when talking about Liverpool winning the league (it wasn't a comedy show) and he said he will now fight go get back fit as its a team that will score goals and he will fear for his position.

Wiltshire though has other issues that we can't confirm on here. We can say that he is definitely not unique in his family

The suggestion with Sturridge has been that he does not like playing when he is not 100% fit which is what was rumoured to be behind Klopp's comment about him needing to learn the difference between "what is serious pain and what is only pain" the other week.

I think that Wheelchair is suffering from always being rushed back by Arsenal because they are always in the midst of an injury crisis and are over reliant on him when fit. I think that it was Benitez doing that to Torres that knackered his career.

Sturridge seems to be a wimp you are right about that, as for Wheelchair its such a pity that he keeps breaking down.

Sturridge seems to be a wimp you are right about that, as for Wheelchair its such a pity that he keeps breaking down.

Mindset is so important and what makes some players world class with lesser ability

Unfortunately for some players it's what they do off the pitch that impacts their careers in it

Mindset is so important and what makes some players world class with lesser ability

Unfortunately for some players it's what they do off the pitch that impacts their careers in it

Not saying I disagree with you, but it did not stop great players like Best , Greaves, Mcgrath etc, etc.

Not saying I disagree with you, but it did not stop great players like Best , Greaves, Mcgrath etc, etc.

True but a different era and let's focus on the off the pic the side

Also they were world class players... Where as wheelchair is still a potential player for me

The suggestion with Sturridge has been that he does not like playing when he is not 100% fit which is what was rumoured to be behind Klopp's comment about him needing to learn the difference between "what is serious pain and what is only pain" the other week.

I think that Wheelchair is suffering from always being rushed back by Arsenal because they are always in the midst of an injury crisis and are over reliant on him when fit. I think that it was Benitez doing that to Torres that knackered his career.

There have been rumours about Sturridge being a bit slack when it comes to rehab training. His proneness to injury might be similar to Giggs in his younger days and if so he will need to do a lot of extra work. Whether he has the mentality to put in the extra hours remains to be seen.

He's got a manager who is forced into playing players on the edge of injury and rushing them back to the first team because he refuses to buy decent backups.

True but there is always something else with him (allegedly)

I still say the issue at the Arse is down to them not being fit enough or have the right fitness of they way they play

For England it is.
Well thankfully I am not burdened by those concerns :). As an 'international outsider' my opinion is that if England see Wheelchair as the answer to their midfield woes then they will never climb out of the sea of mediocrity they find themselves in. Spurs bias aside I think Wheelchair is a now a busted flush. He has talent but not the intelligence to make the best use of it. He certainly had something in his game a few seasons ago, a drive and vision to his play, but now I don't really see that spark any more. His injuries and lifestyle choice have exacted a toll.
This might come back and bite me in the derrière but I wouldn't be surprised to see his career taper off into obscurity over the next few seasons.

OK there is some Spurs bias in those comments but 20% max ;).

True but there is always something else with him (allegedly)

I still say the issue at the Arse is down to them not being fit enough or have the right fitness of they way they play

I don't think that there is any truth in the rumours. It is fans of rival clubs putting two and two together and getting three and then the story lives on because they would like it to be true.

I have certainly heard that a lot of Arsenal's training is based on short term fitness and they do not do much conditioning work in pre-season.

Needs to go on loan ...

He was the best player in the championship last season - there's not really any more he can gain from a loan.

He needs to be challenging Eriksen for his #10 position. It's a shame he's injured now, as with Eriksen off the boil a little, it would be the perfect time for him

Townsend and Carroll potentially leaving in January should help clear the route for him a little.

He was the best player in the championship last season - there's not really any more he can gain from a loan.

He needs to be challenging Eriksen for his #10 position. It's a shame he's injured now, as with Eriksen off the boil a little, it would be the perfect time for him

Townsend and Carroll potentially leaving in January should help clear the route for him a little.

Playing regularly on loan in the premiership for the second half of the season will do more for his development than trying to break into our team, which at the moment is not going to happen imo.

Bournemouth or Swansea would be a good loan move for him.

Playing regularly on loan in the premiership for the second half of the season will do more for his development than trying to break into our team, which at the moment is not going to happen imo.

Bournemouth or Swansea would be a good loan move for him.

I think he's better than that. The way he was playing in the spring and summer, he'd be knocking on the door of our first team, seriously pushing Eriksen

We have a squad of 25 now, not 38 like Poch inherited. We don't need to be loaning out players over 21.

Back