• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

And therein lies the rub - Chadli is injured, N'Jie is injured, Son is coming back from injury while both Mason, Eriksen and Dembele have all missed a number of matches due to injury. Oh, and Lamela is suspended for our next league match

Pritch has been out for a while and is only just coming back to training. He is not going to be in contention for Sunday. I don't know whether he will be back before Chadli or N'Jie, maybe that is his chance but if he does not get that chance, a loan out in January looks possible to me.

Alli was a fringe player at the beginning of the season but he was fit and available to play when chances are easier to come by.

Injuries played a big part in him getting a chance together with what he must have shown Poch in training. I would suggest that in the second half of the season those chances will still be there

Pritch has been out for a while and is only just coming back to training. He is not going to be in contention for Sunday. I don't know whether he will be back before Chadli or N'Jie, maybe that is his chance but if he does not get that chance, a loan out in January looks possible to me.

I doubt it, especially as Poch said in the summer that he would not be going on loan this season

In the same vein you did not see Alli establishing himself so soon as an integral part of our first team

I think that you are misunderstanding me. If Pritchard was fit at the beginning of the season, I would have expected him to have played in Europe and got chance from the bench in the league. If he had impressed in those, then maybe he could have started some league games. He hasn't had that chance and those chances are more difficult to get from Christmas onwards.

I think that you are misunderstanding me. If Pritchard was fit at the beginning of the season, I would have expected him to have played in Europe and got chance from the bench in the league. If he had impressed in those, then maybe he could have started some league games. He hasn't had that chance and those chances are more difficult to get from Christmas onwards.

I understand what you are saying, I just believe those chances will still be there later on in the season, especially if the player demands it by proving himself in training. Especially as Poch has proved he is not afraid to play inexperienced players

Milo, one final point, what do you think of the possibility of us selling Townsend and keeping Pritchard at the club in January?

Milo, one final point, what do you think of the possibility of us selling Townsend and keeping Pritchard at the club in January?

I know I am not Milo, but I think we need to sell Townsend (as much for himself as for us) and bring in a more central forward to give our squad a better balance. If Pritchard is as good as some claim, his time here will come.

I think we'll sell Townsend and Carroll, and Pritchard will get promoted to our 7th/8th choice AM (depending where he stands vs Onomah).

Personally speaking I would be happy for that to happen, Townsend has had plenty of chances and still has the same faults and for his own sake he would be better off moving to a team he will play for.

Carroll would actually rip it up somewhere like Portugal, Holland or Belgium. Do a Vinny Samways.
I agree that Carroll would probably do well in a European league, but the clubs in those countries are far lower payers than even the bottom 6 clubs in the PL. The sort of offer that Carroll would get in January from a European team is likely to be less than half of what he could negotiate with a PL team at the end of the season.

Would a Premiership loan alienate him? I would think that most players would prefer playing 90 minutes on loan to coming on in the 89th minute for you home club or not even making the bench.

If Poch explained that the loan was with a view to getting him in contention for a first team squad place, it could be a positive move.
This is my thinking.
Two things;
I. Prove the hype is correct. The PL is different to the Champ and there is non guarantee he'll make it
II. Go and play good minutes, even if just 60 a week, learn how to play in the PL. Then come back and learn how to play in the PL top 6

I know I am not Milo, but I think we need to sell Townsend (as much for himself as for us) and bring in a more central forward to give our squad a better balance. If Pritchard is as good as some claim, his time here will come.

I think that there is a very good chance we will sell Townsend in January.

I think we'll sell Townsend and Carroll, and Pritchard will get promoted to our 7th/8th choice AM (depending where he stands vs Onomah).

Personally speaking I would be happy for that to happen, Townsend has had plenty of chances and still has the same faults and for his own sake he would be better off moving to a team he will play for.

I must confess that although I think Townsend will be sold I remember how exciting he looked when he broke into the team and won his England cap. I also remember how well he was playing in that match against Hull I think, when he looked the best player on the pitch and got injured when he went over the advertising boards. The stadium when quiet because he was down for a while and there was a massive cheer when he got back up. i would love to see that Townsend again. Alas I am not optimistic but then I remember in the summer many people on here were suggesting we sell Dembele and look at that picture now

Last edited:
I must confess that although I think Townsend will be sold I remember how exciting he looked when he broke into the team and and his England cap. I also remember how well he was playing in that match against Hull I think, when he looked the best player on the pitch and got injured when he went over the advertising boards. The stadium when quiet because he was down for a while and there was a massive cheer when he got back up. i would love to see that Townsend again. Alas I am not optimistic but then I remember in the summer many people on here were suggesting we sell Dembele and look at that picture now

I'm a Townsend fan, but have come round to the opinion that now might be the time to let him move on (only 18 months on his contract too)

I must confess that although I think Townsend will be sold I remember how exciting he looked when he broke into the team and and his England cap. I also remember how well he was playing in that match against Hull I think, when he looked the best player on the pitch and got injured when he went over the advertising boards. The stadium when quiet because he was down for a while and there was a massive cheer when he got back up. i would love to see that Townsend again. Alas I am not optimistic but then I remember in the summer many people on here were suggesting we sell Dembele and look at that picture now

Nearly 90 games for us and he still runs into blind alleys and he seems unwilling/unable to iron his faults, best for us and him to move on and while we can still get a decent price for him.

Back