• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

Not really, ( imo) he has always been one of the most overated players I have seen at the Lane.

I know what you mean - but there are some hard hitters on THAT list :D

Re: Pritchard.
I hope he gets a loan in Jan to a prem club - someone like Watford. The timing of the injury put Onomah ahead of him and Dembele has become an AM again, so his game time will be limited with 6 players plus Onomah (candidate for a loan also) ahead of him. Best he gets PL experience elsewhere

Carroll it looks like will move on so I think we may look at CMs in Jan if we can find the right one - an experienced head to compliment Dier, Alli and Mason - with Dembele being an option if we don't find the right player

Carroll it looks like will move on so I think we may look at CMs in Jan if we can find the right one - an experienced head to compliment Dier, Alli and Mason - with Dembele being an option if we don't find the right player

We still have Bentaleb to come back too.

I know what you mean - but there are some hard hitters on THAT list :D

Re: Pritchard.
I hope he gets a loan in Jan to a prem club - someone like Watford. The timing of the injury put Onomah ahead of him and Dembele has become an AM again, so his game time will be limited with 6 players plus Onomah (candidate for a loan also) ahead of him. Best he gets PL experience elsewhere

Really? For me he's too good a prospect to alienate with yet another loan. He already has it in him to ruffle a few senior feathers, the likes of Chadli, Lamela, Townsend and maybe even Eriksen had better watch out.

Really? For me he's too good a prospect to alienate with yet another loan. He already has it in him to ruffle a few senior feathers, the likes of Chadli, Lamela, Townsend and maybe even Eriksen had better watch out.

Would a Premiership loan alienate him? I would think that most players would prefer playing 90 minutes on loan to coming on in the 89th minute for you home club or not even making the bench.

If Poch explained that the loan was with a view to getting him in contention for a first team squad place, it could be a positive move.

Would a Premiership loan alienate him? I would think that most players would prefer playing 90 minutes on loan to coming on in the 89th minute for you home club or not even making the bench.

If Poch explained that the loan was with a view to getting him in contention for a first team squad place, it could be a positive move.
That may well be so, but at the end of last season I vaguely recall him saying something to the effect he felt he'd done his time as a loanee. You could certainly tell he was bristling with determination to get his chance with us, no mistake.

That may well be so, but at the end of last season I vaguely recall him saying something to the effect he felt he'd done his time as a loanee. You could certainly tell he was bristling with determination to get his chance with us, no mistake.

I think that he was right at that point and I am sure that he would have been involved had he been fit. There are normally fewer chances for fringe players in the second half of the season, so maybe a loan would be more appealing now.

I agree and it helped walker when he went to Villa.

I think that he was right at that point and I am sure that he would have been involved had he been fit. There are normally fewer chances for fringe players in the second half of the season, so maybe a loan would be more appealing now.

Not necessarily, there is the Europa Cup and FA Cup. Also there is a possibility we may lose Townsend, so he has a chance to fight for a position. All it takes is an injury (or suspension) to Son, Lamela or Eriksen and we are playing weekends and midweek and there will be opportunities. Alli was fortunate, he did not start the season in the team but an injury to Bentaleb and he got his chance and look at him now

Not necessarily, there is the Europa Cup and FA Cup. Also there is a possibility we may lose Townsend, so he has a chance to fight for a position. All it takes is an injury (or suspension) to Son, Lamela or Eriksen and we are playing weekends and midweek and there will be opportunities. Alli was fortunate, he did not start the season in the team but an injury to Bentaleb and he got his chance and look at him now

I'm not saying it is a definite, just speculating. That said, there tend to be less opportunities in the knock out stages of the Europa for fringe players and the sides we select in the FA Cup will surely depend on who we draw and other fixtures that we have around that time.

But prior to his injury Poch said he would be part of the first time squad so I am not sure it will be accurate to call him a fringe player. Besides in the second half of the season players are more likely to pick up injuries due to the wear and tear of a long season, and Poch has proved one thing- if you are good enough you are old enough

I'm not saying it is a definite, just speculating. That said, there tend to be less opportunities in the knock out stages of the Europa for fringe players and the sides we select in the FA Cup will surely depend on who we draw and other fixtures that we have around that time.

Poch is not going to play the same midfield players every game (league, FA and Europa) so there will be opportunities if he shows he deserves a chance in training

But prior to his injury Poch said he would be part of the first time squad so I am not sure it will be accurate to call him a fringe player. Besides in the second half of the season players are more likely to pick up injuries due to the wear and tear of a long season, and Poch has proved one thing- if you are good enough you are old enough

I think that he was a fringe player at the beginning of the season in that he was not guaranteed to be part of the match day squad. I think that him making the bench is less likely now than it would have been at the beginning of the season.

I rate Pritchard highly and hope that he gets a chance this season but if that is unlikely, I think that he would be better getting a good loan.

Poch is not going to play the same midfield players every game (league, FA and Europa) so there will be opportunities if he shows he deserves a chance in training

He's competing with Lamela, Eriksen, Dembele, Son, Chadli, Alli, Mason, N'Jie and Onomah for one of three positions and all of them are probably ahead of him right now. By this time next season, I would hope that he has pushed ahead of a lot of them. The question is, what is the best way of getting him there.

I think that he was a fringe player at the beginning of the season in that he was not guaranteed to be part of the match day squad. I think that him making the bench is less likely now than it would have been at the beginning of the season.

I rate Pritchard highly and hope that he gets a chance this season but if that is unlikely, I think that he would be better getting a good loan.

If everybody was fit at the beginning of the season you would be surprised at who would not make the bench on any given matchday, that does not make them a fringe player. Besides under your guidelines Alli would have been a fringe player, funny that

He's competing with Lamela, Eriksen, Dembele, Son, Chadli, Alli, Mason, N'Jie and Onomah for one of three positions and all of them are probably ahead of him right now. By this time next season, I would hope that he has pushed ahead of a lot of them. The question is, what is the best way of getting him there.

I have seen nothing from Njie or Onomah to suggest they are "ahead" of him, unless of course I accept that everybody is ahead of him because he has been injured. But one could argue that everybody was ahead of Alli until he got his chance.

I have seen nothing from Njie or Onomah to suggest they are "ahead" of him, unless of course I accept that everybody is ahead of him because he has been injured. But one could argue that everybody was ahead of Alli until he got his chance.

They have played in the first team this season, he hasn't. With us fast approaching the business end of the season, opportunities to steak a claim are going to be harder to come by. I rate Pritchard very highly and would be delighted if he can make a late break through the pack but I suspect that it is a tall order this season.

And therein lies the rub - Chadli is injured, N'Jie is injured, Son is coming back from injury while both Mason, Eriksen and Dembele have all missed a number of matches due to injury. Oh, and Lamela is suspended for our next league match

If everybody was fit at the beginning of the season you would be surprised at who would not make the bench on any given matchday, that does not make them a fringe player. Besides under your guidelines Alli would have been a fringe player, funny that

Alli was a fringe player at the beginning of the season but he was fit and available to play when chances are easier to come by.

They have played in the first team this season, he hasn't. With us fast approaching the business end of the season, opportunities to steak a claim are going to be harder to come by. I rate Pritchard very highly and would be delighted if he can make a late break through the pack but I suspect that it is a tall order this season.

In the same vein you did not see Alli establishing himself so soon as an integral part of our first team

Back