• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

has any Spurs youngster ever had the expectation this poor kid has?

he's been involved in a grand total of two proper football manages in his career so far...

Unfortuately we ( as fans) put a great deal of pressure on young players when they first turn out for us ( and Pritchard is no different), over the years there have been many who have been thrown in and failed to live up to the expectations of some fans.

Caulker was going to be a England regular, Livermore was spoken of very highly and they have been many more, the hype that followed Hudd ( I know he was bought but he was only a kid when he came here) was some of the biggest hype I have seen for a youngster.

Some make it some do not and I will wait and see Pritchard at the level of a Prem player and if he goes on to be a major player then that will be great.

Unfortuately we ( as fans) put a great deal of pressure on young players when they first turn out for us ( and Pritchard is no different), over the years there have been many who have been thrown in and failed to live up to the expectations of some fans.

Caulker was going to be a England regular, Livermore was spoken of very highly and they have been many more, the hype that followed Hudd ( I know he was bought but he was only a kid when he came here) was some of the biggest hype I have seen for a youngster.

Some make it some do not and I will wait and see Pritchard at the level of a Prem player and if he goes on to be a major player then that will be great.

I remember everyone going overboard on here about Dean Marney after one friendly against DC United!

I remember everyone going overboard on here about Dean Marney after one friendly against DC United!

Yes indeed and Scott Houghton was another one, 2 goals on his debue as a sub against Luton ? was just another one of many who flattered to deceive.

The one who really looked the part was Andy Turner, I saw him destroy Denis Irwin ( who was regarded as the best FB around) in one of his first games, he also became the youngest goal scorer (at the time) when he netted against Everton.

He ended up dropping down the Lges ( after 20 odd games for us) and had a total of 19 clubs. As I say so many fail to deliver what they promise for whatever reasons and is one of the reasons I try and not get carried away by the hype that some fans go in for.

Barmby or perhaps Caskey..England U18 captain IIRC..won the Euros if I am not mistaken

I always remember hearing a interview by Ossie (when he was manager) saying that Caskey ( who was 19 at the time) was the best passer of the ball he had worked with and thought he would have a big future. We ended up selling him to Reading a few years later.

As a aside his son plays for Brighton I believe.

As a aside his son plays for Brighton I believe.

The old man was a bit of a cuckold from what I heard which is why his son Nicky has the surname caskey-forester. Cos his mum was nobbing Nicky forester and darren caskey allegedly knew all about it so I heard.

Nicky is out on loan and I think I speak for all persons who have even a passing interest in Brighton that I hope he does not return. The only reason he should be allowed back into the first team is the same at Townsend here at my club, so I can boo the pair of them.

On a side not Hughton is up for manager of the month again and I am pleased that one of the nicest men in football is doing well.

I'm confused why this is 'Classic' spurs (or even worse - 'so sexy')?

Young player has injury that has taken longer to fix. Is that something we are market leaders in?

*Player get injured*
*Spurs medical staff predict X weeks*
*X weeks pass*
*Spurs medical staff predict X months*
*Player comes back broken permanently*

It's an established pattern.

And before you call me a pitchfork-wielding hate-mongering buffoon, please note the close relationship between my tongue and my cheek.

The old man was a bit of a cuckold from what I heard which is why his son Nicky has the surname caskey-forester. Cos his mum was nobbing Nicky forester and darren caskey allegedly knew all about it so I heard.

Nicky is out on loan and I think I speak for all persons who have even a passing interest in Brighton that I hope he does not return. The only reason he should be allowed back into the first team is the same at Townsend here at my club, so I can boo the pair of them.

On a side not Hughton is up for manager of the month again and I am pleased that one of the nicest men in football is doing well.

I'm no expert but you mean Jake Forster-Caskey who is Darren Caskeys son?

Nicky was the guy who ran off with his missus and is a retired footballer

And yeah Hughton is doing a blinding job there

*Player get injured*
*Spurs medical staff predict X weeks*
*X weeks pass*
*Spurs medical staff predict X months*
*Player comes back broken permanently*

It's an established pattern.

And before you call me a pitchfork-wielding hate-mongering buffoon, please note the close relationship between my tongue and my cheek.

Our more recent pattern has been:

- Poch's new fitness and medical regime mean we have virtually no injuries
- All our players get crippled in pointless international commitments

pritchard ‏@pritch_93 4h4 hours ago

Last day in the
2600.png
then back to graft and getting fit back to playing the game I love to play
26bd.png
https://instagram.com/p/-JJ27Hug5Y/

Let's hope he can stay injury free, and get some minutes after the Christmas period. I really like Pritchard as a player, I think he can be important for us coming March and to the end of the season.

Back