• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

Find it surprising that some people are rating Pritchard so highly. Is he really that good ? Remember we have had so many talented midfielders to come through our youths, only to go missing afterwards like Johnnie Jackson, Dean Marney etc. Is Pritchard any different for people to rate so highly ?

Why surprising? He's highly rated because he's a very good player. I think we need to let go of players who came through 10-15 years ago and didn't quite make it, you should be asking whether Pritchard's any different from the likes of Mason and Bentaleb rather than Jackson and Marney. Pritchard was one of the best players in the Championship last season and sure some might say it's only the Championship but it's still a good achievement for a then 21 year old. If he hadn't've injured his ankle at the u21 Euros then we'd have seen plenty of him by now and I very much believe he will push Eriksen all the way for his place. He's very good technically, strikes the ball very well, has a low centre of gravity and dribbles at opponents. Of course there are still lots of improvements to be made but he will be an asset to the team once he gets back fit.

Find it surprising that some people are rating Pritchard so highly. Is he really that good ? Remember we have had so many talented midfielders to come through our youths, only to go missing afterwards like Johnnie Jackson, Dean Marney etc. Is Pritchard any different for people to rate so highly ?

I guess that the proof of the pudding will be in the eating... which is why we Prichard enthusiasts want to see him on the pitch asap. Can he flop? Of course. However what I will say is that Alli took League One by storm and see the impact he has made in just a few games this season. Pritch was just as good - if not more - in the much more competitive Championship. I think we have the right to be optimistic of a similar impact to Alli's....

FFS! Feel for him.

How many times have our players got injured on international duty recently? Parker, Pritchard, Mason..? I hope we get medical bills paid for at least, never just a little knock either is it?

What's doubly bad news is that there are normally less opportunities for young players to get game time in the second half of the season.

Gutted for him, thought this would be his breakthrough season. Looks like he might have to wait to do a 'harry kane'

Need an FA cup and EL run, hopefully we can, we've made a decent start in the EL.

I expect us to take the EL seriously once we get past the group stage now that that a Champions League place is up for grabs so there may not be a lot of opportunities for our inexperienced players

I expect us to take the EL seriously once we get past the group stage now that that a Champions League place is up for grabs so there may not be a lot of opportunities for our inexperienced players

We'll have to use our squad at some point from jan to May if we have a good run in the fa cup and europa league, Sunday, thursday, sunday is tough for the same players.

What's doubly bad news is that there are normally less opportunities for young players to get game time in the second half of the season.

Good point and especially if we persist in the wrong( imo) system of naming weak teams in the cup games.

Good point and especially if we persist in the wrong( imo) system of naming weak teams in the cup games.

Fielding weakened teams in the cups was his best chance of getting game time this season. Although, the selection against Monaco was only marginally weakened.

If he is out until Christmas, we may well end up loaning him out in the second half of the season.

He could be a big asset for us in the final third of the season if he's fit and raring to go, I'm sure if we were to sign someone in the January window fans would have no problem seeing them go straight into the team so it shouldn't be any different with Pritchard who already knows what is needed and expected of him.

He could be a big asset for us in the final third of the season if he's fit and raring to go, I'm sure if we were to sign someone in the January window fans would have no problem seeing them go straight into the team so it shouldn't be any different with Pritchard who already knows what is needed and expected of him.

I hope that you are right

has any Spurs youngster ever had the expectation this poor kid has?

he's been involved in a grand total of two proper football matches in his career so far...

Last edited:
has any Spurs youngster ever had the expectation this poor kid has?

he's been involved in a grand total of two proper football manages in his career so far...

What's the expectation? If people have been saying he's going to come in and win us the league then yes that's an unrealistic expectation but I can't say I've seen or heard anyone suggest that. There's nothing unrealistic to expect/hope that he can be a positive asset for us, one who can contribute to the team and grow from there. It's pretty demeaning to say he's only played two proper football matches in his career, Dele Alli is three years younger and hadn't played at the same level of football Pritchard has but he's doing just fine, better than fine in fact. Pritchard is a talented player, there's nothing wrong in having confidence in that.

Fielding weakened teams in the cups was his best chance of getting game time this season. Although, the selection against Monaco was only marginally weakened.

If he is out until Christmas, we may well end up loaning him out in the second half of the season.

I understand that, my point was that if we get knocked out early doors in the two remaining Cup competitions ( by naming weak sides) then there will be even less games to give him a run out in later in the season.

Back