• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alan Pardew

Putting Spurs challenge for 4th aside for second, do you not think such comments bring the integrity of the game here into question? If a manager openly confesses to not trying in against certain opposition that's not far off match fixing in my book.

Perhaps, but I'd like to see the interview first. There's so many things that get taken out of context in the print media and twisted its ridiculous. Also you must consider, he would have been interviewed just after the game when in a triumphant high. By this time tomorrow he would have reviewed his comments and admit to at least himself that they were stupid. But not convinced its quite the deal some are making it out to be....

Grapefruits? I think saying this in public shows a lack of smarts. Whether or not he has his team up for the final game is one thing but to come out with this comment in public tells me he didn't think it through.

I agree, it was obviously a stupid comment....

I'd expect everyone to play there #1 team against Chelsea or Arsenal. Integrity of the league.

I take it your also not against the loan system, whereby some players can play against some teams, but not the owning teams. Akin to Adebayor last season.

Personally I think they should be allowed to play against whoever. At the moment its like saying there is no integrity in the game so they cannot play.

Fergie prefers, Lindegaard against Chelsea and De Gea against Swansea! :-k

That's the nature of Fergie's teams though, he's rarely had a first 11, he rotates heavily. Its why he wins trophies. He's been rotating his keepers a lot this season too.

He also started with Hernandez, Welbeck, Scholes and Kagawa vs Swansea, players you wouldn't always say are 1st names on the teamsheet. Its just how he does things.

He actually made the changes to make sure they got 5 games for a medal. He has not rotated the keepers at all

Lindegaard played 5 games earlier in the season due to injury, and since has not really featured.

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine finish 17th they get 3m prize money.
If Saudi Sportswashing Machine finish 10th they get 8m prize money.

The idea that Ashley will allow Pardew to field a weakened team or not bother is ridiculous.

31157901.jpg

Whatever Ashley demands I think what Pardew said could already have damaged their chances. Imagine yourself as a Saudi Sportswashing Machine player, PL survival secured, a week away from your summer holiday, but a hard week of training ahead of you to prepare to be at your best in the final game of the season. Then your manager comes out and says this. I can't imagine any way this positively influences motivation, and I can imagine quite a few ways it can be detrimental to motivation.

Even from a purely Saudi Sportswashing Machine perspective this is stupid and I think their fans are right to react. They have underperformed this season, secured their place in the 2nd to last game of the season needing quite a bit of luck against one of the worst teams in the season. Being lucky along the way that both Reading and QPR were abysmal I might add. It's been a long, grueling, and in many ways bitter season for Saudi Sportswashing Machine who last season seemed very much on the right track. Their fans have already started to turn against Pardew, key players are being linked away and the mood around the club can't exactly be stellar.

What do you need? A top class performance in the last game, showing the fans that the team cares and that things are turning around, or a "fudge off" performance? Shows a complete lack of insight and understanding from Pardew to say something like this in the situation he is in with Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Erik Thorstvedt was on Norwegian telly yesterday (regular pundit) and he talked about the last home game of the season from a player's perspective. Kids and family on the pitch, players thanking the fans, fans showing their appreciation for the players. Good feeling all around and even more so if you got a win in the last game. Words from a true professional, something Pardew obviously isn't.

He actually made the changes to make sure they got 5 games for a medal. He has not rotated the keepers at all

Lindegaard played 5 games earlier in the season due to injury, and since has not really featured.

i don't think that 5 game rule applies anymore - the club get given X amount to dish out at their discretion but can request further medals in special circumstances

Perhaps, but I'd like to see the interview first. There's so many things that get taken out of context in the print media and twisted its ridiculous. Also you must consider, he would have been interviewed just after the game when in a triumphant high. By this time tomorrow he would have reviewed his comments and admit to at least himself that they were stupid. But not convinced its quite the deal some are making it out to be....

Good post harr, despite my harsh previous comment I will withhold judgment ever so slightly, a qualifier of "If this is as it has been reported" wouldn't have been out of place.

i don't think that 5 game rule applies anymore - the club get given X amount to dish out at their discretion but can request further medals in special circumstances

It doesn't, the commentator said it during the game, as everyone was puzzled at that starting lineup.

Was the 'excuse' given at the time to shy away from the lineup tinkle take.

He basically dropped the spine of his team.. De Gea, Ferdinand, Carrick and Rooney

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine finish 17th they get 3m prize money.
If Saudi Sportswashing Machine finish 10th they get 8m prize money.

The idea that Ashley will allow Pardew to field a weakened team or not bother is ridiculous.

Just thinking the same.

How much per place is there up for grabs?

£5,000,000 should certainly be enough to get some focus back!

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine did the same with there top available Keeper, Defender, Midfielder and Striker what would everyone say!

Anyway, he has already lost the keeper with the Red card and now they have Stephen fudging Harper in goal!

This is working in our favour big time imo.

Before i was sure they would just roll over but i'm not so sure anymore. These comments are spreading like wildfire on twitter, FB, and skysports and bbc have already reported it too. There's no way he's going to try any funny business now with absolutely everyone looking at him. Not saying Saudi Sportswashing Machine will get something but i'm more confident they will put up a fight now.

I'm glad.
Dear GHod it's all redundant anyway and we simply take care of business! Wouldn't it be so ironic for Wigan to draw on Tuesday and Newcash to win on Sunday LOL!!!

I've seen it mentioned in this thread that Ashley is a gooner or chav fan but I always thought and several toon fans have said that he is a Spurs fan. A quote from Dave Whelan in 2008: "He is a very good retailer, but at managing a football club, no. Especially with him being a Tottenham supporter and then going up to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, a club that is a different kettle of fish to most in the land."

Most managers don't care if their team lose 0-4 at home as long as it makes the fans happy? what warped fan base will be happy they lost 0-4 ffs.

See, this was my thought too, especially considering the arse-kickings they've received already at home this season. I thought it would be a case of wanting to sign off with a flourish and remind fans that there's something there! I agree with your earlier sentiments that whatever he's done has perversely worked to make sure Newcash will HAVE to be on-point or face some sort of sanction...

He is a Yid, he is friends with Alan Sugars mate, Paul Kemsley.

Everyone should get on Sugars twitter and make sure he has a word with Ashley.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Kemsley

Bankrupt lol.. Kemsley was the guy that whispered in Levy's ear the night everyone knew that Jol was sacked and he didn't and also said to go after Ramos.

Last edited:
What exactly did people think would happen, that he'd put out the under 18s? What would be the benefit of that for him?

He'll put out a normal team and the players will probably play a normal game. It won't be as good unfortunately as if they'd needed a win to stay up but that is the nature of human beings and especially ones who are not winners.

But he wasn't exactly going to say:

You know what lads, go out there and play absolute brick. I want you to lose. And bad.

The players' heads are probably already on holiday mode imo so I'm relying more on Wigan than Saudi Sportswashing Machine anyway.

Pardew has previously said if they had nothing at stake Ben Arfa and Amoeibi would not be playing as they were playing with injuries. So expect a weakened team compared to one that would have played if they were still threatened by the drop.

As for his comments on this thread, well lets put it like this, would the Man Utd players give less than 100% knowing they might get the hairdryer in front of their peers? Of course they wouldn't!
You have seen what happens if you incur the wraith of Fergie. Look at Rooney today and against Madrid. Fergie never forgets and always demands 100% and professionalism.

Newcastles players now know that there will be no consequences for them as the Manager has said he couldn't care less about the result.The tone for this week and the game on Sunday has now been set.
The players were probably half on the Beach as it was!

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine did the same with there top available Keeper, Defender, Midfielder and Striker what would everyone say!

Anyway, he has already lost the keeper with the Red card and now they have Stephen fudging Harper in goal!

Any chance they can apply for an emergency keeper for the Arsenal match? I believe Fulop is keen to wet his beak.

Hopefully the spineless coward's sacking will be brought forward from the end of the season to tomorrow morning.

Back