• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Oluwadoyinsolami Adarabioyo

Everybody wants to play first team football until an 8-year, 8-figure contract is put in front of them.
He can be fairly confident of starting at Chelsea tbh. Their defence is hardly set, unlike say ourselves where the expectation is that Romero and VDV will start the majority of the key games. With Chelsea there is scope for him to come in and take a starting berth as Chelsea mixed and matched their CBs all season and never came to a confirmed pairing.

He can be fairly confident of starting at Chelsea tbh. Their defence is hardly set, unlike say ourselves where the expectation is that Romero and VDV will start the majority of the key games. With Chelsea there is scope for him to come in and take a starting berth as Chelsea mixed and matched their CBs all season and never came to a confirmed pairing.
I’d be good enough though?
I’m not convinced
A back up was all I saw him as here

I’d be good enough though?
I’m not convinced
A back up was all I saw him as here
I dunno honestly, just saying that he could reasonably think that he could get a starting spot as their defenders were all in and out. Belief in yourself (+ a decent wedge) are honestly what a footballer needs to have to achieve in a move.

But the others they spent a lot of money on… so the investment is higher
The others they've spent on haven't been good enough though. It looks to me that with a new manager coming in and with Silva leaving their defence is completely in flux and there's an opportunity to take a position for himself.

At Spurs he realistically knows that at best he's only going to be a backup/rotational option with a coach who hasn't really shown a willingness to rotate CBs so far. I can honestly see from his perspective why he would choose to take the chance at Chelsea versus say Spurs or elsewhere.

I thought 8 year contracts were banned and the new max was 5 years.
But I guess Spurs always did 4+2 contracts with the option so maybe it is something like that.

I think you can still give out 8 year contracts, but you can only spread the transfer fee over 5.
Yeah that's my understanding - nothing stopping a club from giving a player a contract as long as they want but for amortisation purposes you can only spread it over 5.

Though I'm not sure why clubs would still be offering long term contracts without the benefit of the ffp loophole - seems like they are just going to make it hard for themselves when it comes to selling

Four year deal, apparently.
Maybe they're being a little wiser in their dealings. Or maybe there was just no need to do it as there was no transfer outlay to spread out

Back