• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of positives for me, Sturridge, Sterling and Barkley stood out. We worked Italy hard but their craft and experience were telling in the end.

Negatives were our fullbacks, but then that was always an obvious weakness plus Gerrard and Rooney.

tumblr_n76pbcxJ7N1s8z5rho2_250.gif

Not sure why people are having a go at Baines - had no help whatsoever and was constantly dealing with two players himself - seems poor tactics that this wasn't dealt with from the outset, but absolutely flabbergasting that it wasn't addressed properly at half-time. Just track the ****ing full-back!

Italy's Claudio Marcisio on Manaus heat: "In certain moments, due to the hot temperature, it felt like we were having hallucinations."

If England can get something off Uruguay they might stand a chance, but I think Costa Rica might provide a hurdle too high.

Decent game. England too polite, like Hodgson. A more ruthless and determined mindset going into the game might have seen us finish. The only time we did was when we were determined to get the goal back.

Classic Italian win. Ground it out. Defended when it mattered. Score when it mattered. The conditions suited their approach.

The heat affected the ability to run, and close down! But would have been interesting to see England really push up on Italy when behind, rather than stand off them. We had the beating of them when in possession ourselves, but not the mindset to close it and win it. Whether it was the climate, playing too many polite friendlies and training, or the well drilled Italian defence - or likely all 3 - we are an interesting side. Just need to put it all together during the game.

I don't think Italy got out of second gear there.

If they'd needed to really beat us I think they could have done so quite comfortably.

Especially in the second half, England really reverted to type.

How the **** is Johnson a professional footballer?
I've sung the song "If x plays for England so can I" about a lot of players in my time (including Heskey) but Johnson is the first time I ever meant it literally.

Agreed. A terrible terrible right-back. Not good enough and switches off.
What ****ed me off was that I felt with a bit more initiative and tactical switching, we could've got at least a point. I understand the humidity factor,but with the fresh legs out there, get Sterling wide, push the defence higher and force the issue. Instead we were timid I felt.

Decent game. England too polite, like Hodgson. A more ruthless and determined mindset going into the game might have seen us finish. The only time we did was when we were determined to get the goal back.

Classic Italian win. Ground it out. Defended when it mattered. Score when it mattered. The conditions suited their approach.

The heat affected the ability to run, and close down! But would have been interesting to see England really push up on Italy when behind, rather than stand off them. We had the beating of them when in possession ourselves, but not the mindset to close it and win it. Whether it was the climate, playing too many polite friendlies and training, or the well drilled Italian defence - or likely all 3 - we are an interesting side. Just need to put it all together during the game.

Literally just read your post after I put mine up and agree 100%.

Dear Kyle Walker,

Please don't get injured before a tournament again.

Love from

England

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Could be all over all for someone by Friday morning. If Italy happen to draw with Costa Rica, then a defeat for Uruquay or England in the other match sends the loser home

Overall I thought England played well and was impressed with our positivity. A few tweaks to the tactics and formation perhaps. We arent out of it yet but in all honesty this world cup was always going to be one to learn from for the younger players to ready them for future world cups.

I think Walker and his fitness will be a big miss for England its partly biased but partly because I dont think Johnson is as good defensively.

Is Ferdinand thick as pig ****?

He's now bigging up the central position Sterling picked up....a few minutes before moaning that Rooney should be playing centrally.

This thread is littered with people ****ging off our players whilst sucking off Pirlo and gushing over him. We seem to be the only nation who is hell bent on ****ging off players and jumping on players backs whilst praising other nations left right and centre. I dont get it.

He didnt play well but rather than criticisng someone for defending we need to just chill the **** out. It is seriously not cool, clever or at al constructive.

Didn't think Pirlo was all that to be honest. A dummy and a free kick and lots of side way passes.

Watched the game with a few of my pals, we all thoroughly enjoyed how England played at times, it was how we wanted to see us play

Only real difference for me was that Italy defended better than we did

Sterling, Sturridge, Wellbeck, Barkley did well

Rooney was awful and should be dropped but we know he wont and Wheelchair well I predicted he would fall over 4 times in 18 mins, he only fell 3 times...

Didn't think Pirlo was all that to be honest. A dummy and a free kick and lots of side way passes.

He was good and his intelligence is something that cannot be taught but the way this thread has been going you would have thought it was one of the best WC performances ever and taught us a lesson. Dont think it was like that at all. I thought Sterling was MOTM and does look an excellent player.

Overall I thought England played well and was impressed with our positivity. A few tweaks to the tactics and formation perhaps. We arent out of it yet but in all honesty this world cup was always going to be one to learn from for the younger players to ready them for future world cups.

I think Walker and his fitness will be a big miss for England its partly biased but partly because I dont think Johnson is as good defensively.

A good reminder of what we knew a month ago. Agreed. Important to maintain perspective. Good post.

I say well played England, Lots of positives for me and as Henry said if the game had ended 2-2 then no-one would have said it wasn't a fair result. Sterling has matured so much, what a performance, Sturridge led the line very well and a superb finish for his goal.

The main disappointment was Baines. Even during the warm up games and for Everton towards the end of the season it seems he lost his form. Hopefully he rediscovers it soon.

Back