• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup Group D - Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy

Which two teams will progress from the group?

• Uruguay and England

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Uruguay and Italy

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Uruguay and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England and Italy

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • England and Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy and Costa Rica

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah well, toughest game about the way, but Phil Neville, didn't they give him a test run first? He sounds half dead, devoid of charisma and worthwhile analysis.

I think that you are being a little melodramatic Murmorn. This game is no where near as one sided as you are making out. Could England improve? Yes? But they are a young team and and it was always going to be difficult for them against an experienced Italian side.

I think some people have written their views in advance when ever we lose. I thought what I saw of it tonight we did not play like England sides of the past. Italy were more clinical then us but that was about the only difference for me.

Rooney is such puzzle. He's not really a #9 nor a #10 and he wasn't that good playing wide left tonight either. I think we have to drop him in order to get the right balance.

Ah well, toughest game about the way, but Phil Neville, didn't they give him a test run first? He sounds half dead, devoid of charisma and worthwhile analysis.

surely he just stepped in for someone at the last minute, lawro must have got the ****s or something

Rooney is such puzzle. He's not really a #9 nor a #10 and he wasn't that good playing wide left tonight either. I think we have to drop him in order to get the right balance.

If Sturridge is injured against Uruguay, I'd play Rooney up top on his own and tell him to play there. No drifting, stick to being a lone forward.

I don't think Italy got out of second gear there.

If they'd needed to really beat us I think they could have done so quite comfortably.

Especially in the second half, England really reverted to type.

How the **** is Johnson a professional footballer? I've sung the song "If x plays for England so can I" about a lot of players in my time (including Heskey) but Johnson is the first time I ever meant it literally.

Sadly i agree. Italy looked like they could have stepped it up a gear or two if they needed too.

BqIEe6_IEAEtXJx.png

Is Ferdinand thick as pig ****?

He's now bigging up the central position Sterling picked up....a few minutes before moaning that Rooney should be playing centrally.

91% - England's pass completion tonight was the highest they've ever recorded in a World Cup game (1966-2014). Progress.

We just haven't got the players at the moment, especially at the back. We'll always concede goals. Getting out of the group would be a good achievement, then, as has been seen before - Denmark and Greece in the Euros - anything can happen with a bit of luck.

We just haven't got the players at the moment, especially at the back. We'll always concede goals. Getting out of the group would be a good achievement, then, as has been seen before - Denmark and Greece in the Euros - anything can happen with a bit of luck.

I have no doubt we will get out of the group. Uruguay are ****. We aren't.

That is my point we did not look like an England team usually looks like. Did not think we were bad tonight.

We weren't bad. Like Thierry said, if it ended 2-2, no one would have been shocked. Heck, if we had won that 3-2, we wouldnt have been shocked. Well I wouldn't have.

Back