• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What are we missing?

What are we missing?

Out:
Lloris, Sanchez, Tanganga, Davies, Sessegnon, Emerson, Doherty, Hojbjerg, Lucas, Gil

In:
Oblak, Milenkovic, Skriniar, Bastoni, Udogie, Hakimi, Milinkovic-Savic, Zaniolo, Martinez

There you go.

The difference is night and day. When you read the first set of names in the out list it really drives it home why with a few injuries in our squad we become bang average.

What are we missing?

Out:
Lloris, Sanchez, Tanganga, Davies, Sessegnon, Emerson, Doherty, Hojbjerg, Lucas, Gil

In:
Oblak, Milenkovic, Skriniar, Bastoni, Udogie, Hakimi, Milinkovic-Savic, Zaniolo, Martinez

There you go.

The difference is night and day. When you read the first set of names in the out list it really drives it home why with a few injuries in our squad we become bang average.

You're saying that signing 8 players, more or less all of them £50m+ signings, would improve us?

The key is the annual financials being released next month. They will give us an idea of our income in a non CL season. We can then work out how that would increase in a CL season. We can then cover the £25m a year in stadium debt costs with the likely incoming naming rights deal.

We can then assess the financials and the profits to work out what we can spend in the two windows that follows each scenario that being a year of CL and a year of non CL. Perhaps we can even work out what our yearly budget can be on wages.

With this information we can then enter each window and have a good idea of the funds available to FP and AC to strengthen the squad.

I believe across the two windows in a year we should have anywhere from £120m to £150m to spend on players depending on whether the prior year included CL football e.g. £150m with and £120m without.

We need to get to the above player turnaround asap so we need to take advantage of bosmans of that quality and those with only one year left on their contract.

What are we missing?

Out:

In:

There you go.

If we can't get much for Lloris, Davies and Doherty they make good back up.
Gil deserves more games. Can't fault him for attitude and skill, just application which can be learnt.

I doubt we will see a GK in the Jan window, but the club seem to be interested in Oblak, (I would still go down the Johnstone route for the HG factor)
Def need a CB in Jan. Bastoni appears to be staying, would love Milenkovic or Skriniar if we could make that happen
I would go all out for Maddison in Jan
And I think we still need another CF to ease the burden as we will continue to pick up injuries upfront with a condensed schedule. I see we have been linked with Tammy Abraham, I could live that, HG option again.

Whatever the powers that be choose, we certainly need 3 additional bodies in the next window

I'm not sure what we need to be honest. Our system is giving us results, but does not seem to work optimally. I'm not sure a right wing back would solve all our problems. We seem to need a creative player in the middle of the park, but I don't see Conte getting us one. More signings in the mold of Bentancur and Kulusevski, please!

I doubt we will see a GK in the Jan window, but the club seem to be interested in Oblak, (I would still go down the Johnstone route for the HG factor)
Def need a CB in Jan. Bastoni appears to be staying, would love Milenkovic or Skriniar if we could make that happen
I would go all out for Maddison in Jan
And I think we still need another CF to ease the burden as we will continue to pick up injuries upfront with a condensed schedule. I see we have been linked with Tammy Abraham, I could live that, HG option again.

Whatever the powers that be choose, we certainly need 3 additional bodies in the next window
We have bent linked with Valencia’s keeper Mamardashvili and I think a lot will be looking at Diogo Costa
Both are very gettable and would jump at the chance to join
The CB an issues are exasperated by Romero making sure he is fit for the WC and conte insisting on playing royal and Sanchez together. That’s literally our version of dumb and dumber. We can wait for Bastoni or Gvardiol or another we what until the summer
CF wise… there is one obvious, expensive candidate… Osihmen. The guys absolutely top drawer but does have injury issues
There is also an amazing wide player at Napoli who we were linked with before and didn’t move quickly. Kvaratskhelia Is going to a big club next summer and why don’t we try to out our name in the frame

I'm not sure what we need to be honest. Our system is giving us results, but does not seem to work optimally. I'm not sure a right wing back would solve all our problems. We seem to need a creative player in the middle of the park, but I don't see Conte getting us one. More signings in the mold of Bentancur and Kulusevski, please!

Yes, a creative midfielder and RWB. The RWB won't solve all our problems but would solve some of them

It's a tricky one. We obviously need creativity in midfield and if Spence isn't the player we hope he might be then a capable right wing back would be essential.
I like the way Maddison plays and would be very happy if he joined despite him being a gooners and by the looks of it a bit flashy. The biggest issue with Maddison is I can't see him playing in a midfield two especially with Conte in charge. He could play in a three which would give us more options but don't think Conte favours a three.
I'm not too sure what creative midfield player that can play in a two is available to us?
If Oblak is available then we should definitely go for him, but think he'd want a big wage.
If any sort of deal for that Napoli winger is possible, even better including Ndombele then we should throw everything at that.

It's a tricky one. We obviously need creativity in midfield and if Spence isn't the player we hope he might be then a capable right wing back would be essential.
I like the way Maddison plays and would be very happy if he joined despite him being a gooners and by the looks of it a bit flashy. The biggest issue with Maddison is I can't see him playing in a midfield two especially with Conte in charge. He could play in a three which would give us more options but don't think Conte favours a three.
I'm not too sure what creative midfield player that can play in a two is available to us?
If Oblak is available then we should definitely go for him, but think he'd want a big wage.
If any sort of deal for that Napoli winger is possible, even better including Ndombele then we should throw everything at that.
Conte won’t buy a creative mid to play in a 2 which is why I think we haven’t brought one and have only been linked to eriksen
Benefit with Maddison is he can play rwf too
But I just don’t see it being something conte want….but I’d love to be wrong
The carasco link came very late in the window and atletico are even more broke now and out of the CL so I could see that happening with Spence going on loan somewhere

Yes, a creative midfielder and RWB. The RWB won't solve all our problems but would solve some of them
I think if we have solid cbs and a cm outlet that adds a threat to attack, maybe we can see Spence and Sess doing better with less defensive concerns weighing them down.

Sess to score more and Royal to cross better and score more. We need to frighten the bejeezus out of oppo wing backs and pin them back.

I think (hope) Conte is holding us to unleash in the latter part of the season, a theory attributed to him and Klopp. We'll see.

Lloris has to cut out his gifts as much as possible for the rest of the season, but we need a better option going forward than forster.

Sess to score more and Royal to cross better and score more. We need to frighten the bejeezus out of oppo wing backs and pin them back.

I think (hope) Conte is holding us to unleash in the latter part of the season, a theory attributed to him and Klopp. We'll see.

Lloris has to cut out his gifts as much as possible for the rest of the season, but we need a better option going forward than forster.

But why would Klopp and Conte hold back so much, and drop points? Those points could simply balance out those we would win extra later in the season. Plus unless we get a good result in Marseille then we will already be out of the Champions League.

How does that theory work?

Last edited:
But why woukd Klopp and Conte hold back so much, and drop points? Those poinys coukd simply balance out those we would win extra later in the season. Plus unless we get a good result in Marseille then we will already be out of the Champions League.

How does that theory work?
Seems that some hold onto this theory because of a refusal to accept the fact we have just played pretty poorly all in all this season. Whereas Conte himself after the game said he would rather we started games like we played when we went 2-0 down, so the suggestion that we are deliberately conserving energy/starting games slowly doesn’t really hold weight….

What are we missing?

Out:

In:

There you go.

The is no way we let two Homegrown players leave and not replace them with other Homegrown players.

Back