• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Where are all the moaning clams now?
Other than for - pretty pathetic point scoring reasons - I really don’t understand this type of comment.

We’d been playing poorly for the guts of a year, and people were voicing concerns in (almost every case) a very reasonable manner. I don’t think anyone called for the manager to go. It’s not Twitter on here; the tone was rational and balanced.

Today was a much better performance, albeit against a weakened Brentford side. Let’s see if we can bring that level much more consistently, particularly in the next couple of tricky away games. Here’s hoping we can.

I
Other than for - pretty pathetic point scoring reasons - I really don’t understand this type of comment.

We’d been playing poorly for the guts of a year, and people were voicing concerns in (almost every case) a very reasonable manner. I don’t think anyone called for the manager to go. It’s not Twitter on here; the tone was rational and balanced.

Today was a much better performance, albeit against a weakened Brentford side. Let’s see if we can bring that level much more consistently, particularly in the next couple of tricky away games. Here’s hoping we can.
got to say, it’s bloody quiet in here after what was a very good win

Good to see ange change things up despite starting with the same team that played slow football against arsenal.

Weird to be saying this but I hope it gives Ange confidence in faster and more direct attacking and i hope Ange will give up on mindless possession and pedestrian football totally.

Still unproven when defences sit back so there's some work there from Ange, as well as getting the best out of the players natural talents. Like, Son and Kulu shooting from outside the box

Good to see ange change things up despite starting with the same team that played slow football against arsenal.

Weird to be saying this but I hope it gives Ange confidence in faster and more direct attacking and i hope Ange will give up on mindless possession and pedestrian football totally.

Still unproven when defences sit back so there's some work there from Ange, as well as getting the best out of the players natural talents. Like, Son and Kulu shooting from outside the box
I don't think mindless possession and pedestrian fotball is what Ange has ever wanted.

Sure sometimes we slow it down, but not mindless, always should be with the plan to speed up when we find some space to be exploited.

Agreed still stuff to be worked on. But the difference when we add good chance creation is massive.

Definitely a more positive performance. Maddison was back to his best and we seemed to move the ball much faster.
I can't make my mind up whether it was Brentford's inability to properly organise a low block, or our excellent pressing and faster passing that made the difference, but, as someone who had ( and still has) doubts about the system, I am encouraged by this result and performance. I thought our tackling and battling the 50/50 balls was also much better.

Two winnable games coming up........Man Utd are there for the taking I think, but they will present a stiffer challenge than Brentford.

Anyway, good to get back to winning ways.

I agree that in general performances have been poor for the good part of a year. But I must say, I don't get the negativity regarding performances this season? Far from perfect, but to me we dominated Leicester and no doubt should have won, at least deserved a draw at historically one of our most difficult away games at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, smashed Everton, great performance yesterday and I'd say our only under par performance was against the Goons who are a top side and no one would have said we was fortunate had we got a draw in that one.

I wasn't sure if this was my biased opinion, but having watched MoTD they said we should have beaten both Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (I think a draw was fair) so it's not just me. Like I said previously, we can improve in both final thirds but has it really been bad this season so far? Not for me......

I agree that in general performances have been poor for the good part of a year. But I must say, I don't get the negativity regarding performances this season? Far from perfect, but to me we dominated Leicester and no doubt should have won, at least deserved a draw at historically one of our most difficult away games at Saudi Sportswashing Machine, smashed Everton, great performance yesterday and I'd say our only under par performance was against the Goons who are a top side and no one would have said we was fortunate had we got a draw in that one.

I wasn't sure if this was my biased opinion, but having watched MoTD they said we should have beaten both Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (I think a draw was fair) so it's not just me. Like I said previously, we can improve in both final thirds but has it really been bad this season so far? Not for me......
It’s not been bad at all but weirdly mid week was as bad as anything from what I’ve read (I didn’t see it)
But… but… you sometimes need that one result and a decent run of fixtures to get that momentum
We have seen it before and I suspect we will see it again

Good post! Praise when it’s warranted and constructively criticise in equal measure when required. Some fans really do just believe Tottenham can do no wrong whether that’s the club as a whole, the manager, the players, Levy etc. and yes I do realise there are some for who the opposite is true but most people are generally in the middle. Posts like the one above makes it seem like anyone who dares criticise the club in any way isn’t a good supporter.

I think for some it’s just frustrating seeing us dominate the ball but do so little with it. I’ve been banging on for months about the forwards needing to do more or we need to upgrade on them and I’m tired of saying it but you will keep seeing people say it until we see some improvement. Coupled with our complete inability to keep clean sheets and grind out results. People are basing their views on the form of the team for the best part of 9 months so I do think some of the criticism is valid. Hopefully we will start to put teams away when we’re on top and most/some of the criticism will subside. I’ve said before, how many players are actually playing well at the moment for us? Since say January, you could probably count on one hand the number of players in the squad who have played consistently well for us which is a cause for concern.

I think for some it’s just frustrating seeing us dominate the ball but do so little with it. I’ve been banging on for months about the forwards needing to do more or we need to upgrade on them and I’m tired of saying it but you will keep seeing people say it until we see some improvement. Coupled with our complete inability to keep clean sheets and grind out results. People are basing their views on the form of the team for the best part of 9 months so I do think some of the criticism is valid. Hopefully we will start to put teams away when we’re on top and most/some of the criticism will subside. I’ve said before, how many players are actually playing well at the moment for us? Since say January, you could probably count on one hand the number of players in the squad who have played consistently well for us which is a cause for concern.
I would agree for a lot of last season. And we can improve both our finishing and some of our defensive aspects for sure. But don't agree we do so little with it, when talking about performances this season. Currently there are only two teams with a better xG than us, we are making chances not just faffing around with the ball.

But, the decision making in both final thirds is the thing that can be improved upon. I'm not saying it's all rosy, but it has been nowhere near as bad as what has been portrayed by some on here when talking about this seasons performances....

Back