• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Welcome Ange: To Dare is to Didgeridoo

Conte ball was long ball counter attacking
Son thrived in a team without the ball
That’s not the team now
i know and conte knew what it took to win in the epl and probably got frustrated because he knew we didn't have the talents needed.
oh the other hand, ange doesn't seem to know what it takes to compete in the epl. he's force fits players into his winning the scottish league and some international for asian-oceania countries.

i'd prefer conteball (counter attacking with kane feeding son) to angeball where its like square pegs in round holes all over the pitch

i know and conte knew what it took to win in the epl and probably got frustrated because he knew we didn't have the talents needed.
oh the other hand, ange doesn't seem to know what it takes to compete in the epl. he's force fits players into his winning the scottish league and some international for asian-oceania countries.

i'd prefer conteball (counter attacking with kane feeding son) to angeball where its like square pegs in round holes all over the pitch
Conte with this side could be something, perfect players for his system

He was still the most impressive manager in the league last season in terms of making progress.

I just dont see Ange turning it around now, the spiral of decline has set in. We're playing less than the sum of our parts and left praying that Richarlison comes back to save us.
Serious relegation fears.

angeball may be good at the international level (where defences are not well drilled) or in the scottish league (wide dispersion of quality across teams), but its difficult to watch in the Epl where it looks reckless and naive.
If what we’re playing is it, it just looks boring to me.
I know people love body language experts, his eyes, face and shoulders don't give the same message as his words.
Well, he’s dug a hole for himself now for sure. Here’s hoping he wins something and gets himself out of it.

Jesus, that’s a bit naive even though he’s stating a fact and she’s pushed him on it. You can see that coming back to bite him.

I like the optimism tbf and he would look foolish if he backed down from those comments so early in the season even if it is fanciful to think he will win things at this club with this group of playersz

There's a growing narrative that the reason Arteta wipes the floor with Postecoglou is because he focuses on the minute details essential to winning in the league, while Postecoglou just goes on vibes and aesthetics.

I don't think that's untrue - as a club we have rarely been as manic with details and planning as Arsenal have under Arteta. Romero's liked-and-then-unliked tweet is an example of this.

But Postecoglou needs to counter it, for his own sake. He's already struggling results wise - if it becomes known that the reason he loses is because he's a vibes man who doesn't work on the little things, finding a job in the Premier League after Spurs is going to be impossible. Reaching the top is all about the details these days.

There seems to have been change in general feeling towards Ange reading social media today. I think that's harsh given that Woolwich are a very good side. I'd give him at least the season but Levy's resolve will be tested if results don't pick up.

Fans have short short memories
Maybe it's because it was Woolwich and it's immediate aftermath stuff but the reaction seems extreme to me. I didn't expect us to win today to be honest. I think the fact it's a set piece doesn't help and I can understand Ange being tinkled at the line of questioning. It's the first set piece we've conceded this season I think and the press and fans are reacting like we're leaking goals every week for them.

But in this day and age, it's all about narratives and soundbites. Ange is in choppy waters at the moment.

There's a growing narrative that the reason Arteta wipes the floor with Postecoglou is because he focuses on the minute details essential to winning in the league, while Postecoglou just goes on vibes and aesthetics.

I don't think that's untrue - as a club we have rarely been as manic with details and planning as Arsenal have under Arteta. Romero's liked-and-then-unliked tweet is an example of this.

But Postecoglou needs to counter it, for his own sake. He's already struggling results wise - if it becomes known that the reason he loses is because he's a vibes man who doesn't work on the little things, finding a job in the Premier League after Spurs is going to be impossible. Reaching the top is all about the details these days.
Wipes the floor???

Maybe it's because it was Woolwich and it's immediate aftermath stuff but the reaction seems extreme to me. I didn't expect us to win today to be honest. I think the fact it's a set piece doesn't help and I can understand Ange being tinkled at the line of questioning. It's the first set piece we've conceded this season I think and the press and fans are reacting like we're leaking goals every week for them.

But in this day and age, it's all about narratives and soundbites. Ange is in choppy waters at the moment.
I thought we would win
Big always knew it would come down to a mistake from someone
I thought the quality of the game was really poor

Wipes the floor???

Played 3, won 0. Two of those games at home, which have contributed to us losing three straight games at home to them for the first time since 1987 - not even in the 2000's when that lot were winning the league unbeaten, did that happen.

Yeah, I 'd say Arteta wipes the floor with him mate. Outcoaches him.

Just a fact of life - don't blame Postecoglou for it, but he's a lesser manager and it shows on days like today.

Played 3, won 0. Two of those games at home, which have contributed to us losing three straight games at home to them for the first time since 1987 - not even in the 2000's when that lot were winning the league unbeaten, did that happen.

You said wipe the floor though

I’d argue that we should have at least got a draw at home last year and a competent ref then and today would have made a LOT and difference
At their ground we drew
It’s possibly a language thing but wiping the floor means you have beaten someone badly
Not drawn one and got over the line with some fortune

for the first time since 1987 - not even in the 2000's when that lot were winning the league unbeaten, did that happen.

Just a fact of life - don't blame Postecoglou for it, but he's a lesser manager and it shows on days like today.
We drew at their place last year and really could have won it.

Back