• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

I would have thought this was done, I couldn't imagine us of releasing Caulker before this one was literally in the bag....

Hi I am a fan of Steaua from Romania and I would be very happy if Chiriches stayed with us for our Champions League campaign. Most of what you observed so far about him is right, very good with the ball, he is fast and a good tackler, he is very much like David Luiz, but I think worse in the air than Luiz but better with the ball. He has good positioning and is the best player in the Romanian league right now. If I would compare Spurs with Steaua, I think that Spurs a just a little bit better. Steaua last year won the championship in Romania with 17 points advantage over 2nd place and in the Europa League won it's group with Stuttgart,Molde and Copenhagen. They beat Ajax in the last 32 round and in the last 16 they played Chelsea. Steaua won in Bucharest 1-0 but lost 3-1 in London, goal by Vlad. If I would rate Steaua in the Premier League I would say they were a 6-9 place team so the difference in quality is not that big, the only thing for Vlad is if he adapts to english football because he has the skills to play in the 11 eleven no problem.

Thanks for taking the time Iulian. Hope we sign him and you get a quality replacement.

Smart plan but probably it won't work, we are on the champions course in the CL and we are seeded for the playoff so most likely we will qualify for the group stage.
Furthermore the price for Chiriches 7mil pounds has been the same for the last six months, it has nothing to do with the owner being in prison. This is the price because he is from romania, steaua has good players and very low prices, for example rusescu who scored 30 goals last year in all competitions was sold to FC Sevilla for 2 mil pounds.

Thanks for taking the time to post :)
Good luck for the coming season, especially in the Champions League.

The latest statement of Vlad's agent:

"From our end nothing has fallen through. Tottenham sent an offer, the offer which Steaua received, the offer that Steaua wanted. Now Steaua has to give an answer, which they haven't yet. From the point of view of the player, there is no issue, we have agreed.

The people (Tottenham) were willing to let him play the return game with Dinamo Tbilisi and immediately after the game to go for the medical visit. But they needed an answer to the document they sent, so that they wouldn't have surprises, that we would want another million or that or the other.

The official documents could have been drawn up later, over a week or two, but they needed an answer. I have never gone through this in my whole life. The biggest problem is the communication with Gigi Becali".

http://www.sport.ro/liga-1/audienta...ea-cu-tottenham-anuntul-facut-de-agentul.html

I would've thought it's a simple case of changing the goalposts Levy style as a result of Bale sale. I'm afraid we better get used to it fellas!!

Levy: "I'm interested in Chiriches. How much you want?"

Becali: "To you Mr. Levy, £7million."

Levy: "Deal."

Becali: "Oh hang on, you're Levy as in Daniel Levy right? Of £80m Tottering Hotspur fame?? Ahhh riiiiight. Price is actually £15m. You still want my boy?"

:( suck it up lads.

The latest statement of Vlad's agent:

"From our end nothing has fallen through. Tottenham sent an offer, the offer which Steaua received, the offer that Steaua wanted. Now Steaua has to give an answer, which they haven't yet. From the point of view of the player, there is no issue, we have agreed.

The people (Tottenham) were willing to let him play the return game with Dinamo Tbilisi and immediately after the game to go for the medical visit. But they needed an answer to the document they sent, so that they wouldn't have surprises, that we would want another million or that or the other.

The official documents could have been drawn up later, over a week or two, but they needed an answer. I have never gone through this in my whole life. The biggest problem is the communication with Gigi Becali".

http://www.sport.ro/liga-1/audienta...ea-cu-tottenham-anuntul-facut-de-agentul.html

Sounds like it's just Becali being a loon that is holding this up. From prison as well.

Must admit I had a good laugh when I saw we're dealing with those kind of owners :lol:
But AVB/Levy/Bald must have a plan B, otherwise selling Caulker two weeks before kick off is madness.

Thanks for taking the time to post :)
Good luck for the coming season, especially in the Champions League.
Thank you, we will probably have no problem getting to the group stage, with or without Chiriches, but he can definitely help us in the group stage. The goal for Steaua this season is last 16 of the Champions League, hard task if you look at the teams present in the group draw but that is why we would need him so much.
I can confirm that he is on a 120K a month(everybody at Steaua is on that, they just get a big signing bonus at the beginning ) and that the player would want to go to Tottenham but did not ask for a transfer(kind of situation with you and Real for Bale).

120k a month? So 30k a week? That seems like a lot for Steaua. I'd read he was on 120k a year!

Sounds like it's just Becali being a loon that is holding this up. From prison as well.
Yes that is exactly what is happening, but if you look at it from Steaua fans point of view, we are very happy if Chiriches is staying, and like the owner decision even though he is a loon.

Must admit I had a good laugh when I saw we're dealing with those kind of owners :lol:
But AVB/Levy/Bald must have a plan B, otherwise selling Caulker two weeks before kick off is madness.

This is the window where Levy gets Levy-ed i think

Valencia have already achieved it

Yes that is exactly what is happening, but if you look at it from Steaua fans point of view, we are very happy if Chiriches is staying, and like the owner decision even though he is a loon.
Becali has some interesting views on things to be sure ;)

Why is he in prison?

How good is this lad? is he as better than Caulker? which current Premiership centre back is he most similar to? he's only rated 63 on FIFA FFS!

fish-slapping-o.gif

Back