• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vlad Chiriches....central defender on his way to Spurs?

Only if they fail to qualify and end up in the Europa as far as I know. Actually, I'm not sure if these preliminary qualifying rounds even count as part of the two team rule.
Yes but if they do qualify they could finish 3rd in the group and drop into the EL. So he would be cup tied until the knock out phase anyway

Am I the ink one who thinks we may now be in for Toby Auderwield who is in the last year of his contract and has made it clear he would come to us?

Becali, a former MP in his native Romania, is currently serving a three-year prison term for abuse of power.

Am I the ink one who thinks we may now be in for Toby Auderwield who is in the last year of his contract and has made it clear he would come to us?

Probably one of the players that will be among the targets now.

Quite a few decent centre backs around that are somewhat available I think. I haven't given up on Vlad quite yet though.

Hi I am a fan of Steaua from Romania and I would be very happy if Chiriches stayed with us for our Champions League campaign. Most of what you observed so far about him is right, very good with the ball, he is fast and a good tackler, he is very much like David Luiz, but I think worse in the air than Luiz but better with the ball. He has good positioning and is the best player in the Romanian league right now. If I would compare Spurs with Steaua, I think that Spurs a just a little bit better. Steaua last year won the championship in Romania with 17 points advantage over 2nd place and in the Europa League won it's group with Stuttgart,Molde and Copenhagen. They beat Ajax in the last 32 round and in the last 16 they played Chelsea. Steaua won in Bucharest 1-0 but lost 3-1 in London, goal by Vlad. If I would rate Steaua in the Premier League I would say they were a 6-9 place team so the difference in quality is not that big, the only thing for Vlad is if he adapts to english football because he has the skills to play in the 11 eleven no problem.

It's all up to Tottenham now, if they decide to up the offer and give Steaua more time to think about it, then I think it could still happen.

It's all up to Tottenham now, if they decide to up the offer and give Steaua more time to think about it, then I think it could still happen.

Levy will wait to see if you get past the Champion's League playoff and into the group stage.
Then he'll try to get him on the cheap if you don't get into the Champion's League.

Levy will wait to see if you get past the Champion's League playoff and into the group stage.
Then he'll try to get him on the cheap if you don't get into the Champion's League.
Smart plan but probably it won't work, we are on the champions course in the CL and we are seeded for the playoff so most likely we will qualify for the group stage.
Furthermore the price for Chiriches 7mil pounds has been the same for the last six months, it has nothing to do with the owner being in prison. This is the price because he is from romania, steaua has good players and very low prices, for example rusescu who scored 30 goals last year in all competitions was sold to FC Sevilla for 2 mil pounds.

Smart plan but probably it won't work, we are on the champions course in the CL and we are seeded for the playoff so most likely we will qualify for the group stage.
Furthermore the price for Chiriches 7mil pounds has been the same for the last six months, it has nothing to do with the owner being in prison. This is the price because he is from romania, steaua has good players and very low prices, for example rusescu who scored 30 goals last year in all competitions was sold to FC Sevilla for 2 mil pounds.

Unfortunately Levy would haggle over a penny sweet. I think 7 million is perfectly reasonable but I'm sure Levy thinks its all a game.

Back