• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I'm not one for conspiracy theories in this kind of situation and I do find some of the views on here regarding other clubs and the perceived media bias to be quite comical, but why is there no fuss when Gareth Bale or Luka Modric for example behave the way they behaved (which is worse than Sterling has), but there is a massive backlash against the likes of Sterling and Cristiano Ronaldo for having the nerve for wanting to move away from Liverpool and United?

The same idiots that think Sterling, a London kid, should show loyalty to Liverpool, the club that outbid all the others for his signature, have no problem with Rodgers being sacked in morning.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories in this kind of situation and I do find some of the views on here regarding other clubs and the perceived media bias to be quite comical, but why is there no fuss when Gareth Bale or Luka Modric for example behave the way they behaved (which is worse than Sterling has), but there is a massive backlash against the likes of Sterling and Cristiano Ronaldo for having the nerve for wanting to move away from Liverpool and United?

Mate, we all laugh, but the bias in the media pro Pool is beyond a debate.

Compare Giggs farewell, what Lampard will get vs. StevieG's tossfest .. honestly you would swear Gerrard was Maradona/Pele retiring after guiding Pool to untold PL & CL titles

Compare Giggs farewell, what Lampard will get vs. StevieG's tossfest .. honestly you would swear Gerrard was Maradona/Pele retiring after guiding Pool to untold PL & CL titles
This post is spot on

I think Sterling is over rated, but he is being made a spacegoat by journalists with Liverpool links.

Imagine being him, having all the media hailing you as the future of the club, the expectation being lumped on your shoulders, and at the other end of the dressing room Glenn Johnson (with a squad position of substitute) doing nothing and on over three times what you are earning. I'd want parity. I imagine everyone would

If that's true then FSG just went up in my estimation, they're clearing the decks of the has been, influential players in one swoop, getting rid of the chancer Rodgers and replacing him with Klopp with a bit of a war chest.

If true, I'm a bit worried about liverpool.

They are not the only club, I would say there is a bias towards United also.

Go on any football forum and most believe there is an agenda against them and a heavy bias towards their rivals.

They're special:

As we all know, Liverpool Football Club is special. Different. Classy. Unique. Special. Unique. Classy. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Unique. Clubby. Clubbish. Clubesque. Special. Unique. Increasingly irrelevant. Over the hill. Past-it. Yesterday’s news. Special. Unique. Iconic. Unique. Special. Special. Special. Unique. Liverpool Football Club are special. And unique. And special. And classy. They’re special and specially unique and uniquely specially and specially special and uniquely classy and they have a different way of doing things, you wouldn’t understand, you just wouldn’t, because you’re not special, or classy, or unique, you’re not Liverpool Football Club, and you wouldn’t understand, so don’t even bother, just accept it, they’re the best football team in the tra-la-la-la land.

Liverpool Football Club’s specialness and uniqueness and classiness naturally places them in a position to pat lesser clubs on the head and let them know of their place in the food chain. Clubs, say, like Southampton, who were browbeaten into selling Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren to mighty Liverpool last summer. “They have a choice as a club,” Liverpool’s head guru, Brendan Rodgers, roared last August. “They don’t have to sell. You have a choice. Maybe Southampton’s objectives have changed. They were looking to be a [Big Cup] club, I believe. They obviously wanted to change. There might be one or two others who leave. It’s just the way it works.” It’s. Just. The. Way. It. Works.

Words to live by. Poetry in motion that comes to mind now that Raheem Sterling is busy letting Liverpool know that the way it works is that he would like to leave in the summer, maybe join a bigger club, play for a team who actually have a chance of winning something in the near future, that there’s only so many times he can hear about the Miraculous Miracle of Istanbul before he’s forced to go all Van Gogh on his ears.

Treason! Naturally Sterling’s desire to play for a good team has been met with fury and The Fiver assumes he has spent the day locked in Melwood’s Re-education Chamber, a crack team of Phil Thompson, John Bishop and John Aldridge taking it in turns to hammer home the uniqueness and specialness and classiness of Liverpool Football Club, making sure Sterling knows that he will forever walk alone if he joins Emirates Marketing Project, a terrifying prospect indeed. It’s just the way it works.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/19/its-just-the-way-it-works

Imagine that, Rodgers' remarks about other clubs coming home to roost.

They are not the only club, I would say there is a bias towards United also.

Go on any football forum and most believe there is an agenda against them and a heavy bias towards their rivals.

there is a bias towards the successful clubs as everyone 'loves' a winner.

Man Utd have dominated the last twenty years and have built up a media following.

There is a throwback legacy (plus copious pundits) to the success Liverpool had when these journos etc were kids. Liverpool's media presence and support far outweighs what they have achieved in the last decade or their current status.

Can't see him going for 50m, he's a 25m player tops imo

would be ridiculous to see him sold for 50m, but i think he'll end up going for around 30-35m. i think he genuinely is rated as one of the best young players in europe atm (ie. its difficult to come up with 10 more promising u21 players worldwide). in addition the secret footballer (i know, not the most reliable of sources) has claimed that he has heard that arsenal put in a 20m+walcott big for him, which liverpool have so far rejected. if we value walcott at around 15m, the offer sounds about right imo.

however with teams like Emirates Marketing Project needing to hit home grown quotas however, it wouldnt totally surprise me if sterling ends up being sold for upto 40m. the home grown quota ruling is a joke imo. all it really ends up doing is increasing the value of home grown players. i dont think it makes them any better. just helps english players earn higher wages through artificial manipulation of the market. theres a strong argument that it hinders the english national team too: the likes of rodwell and sinclair may never have even gone to Emirates Marketing Project if this rule hadnt existed, and their careers may have progressed more naturally at the clubs they were at. now these guys are miles away from player for the national team atm. having said this, i dont think the same will happen to sterling. hes quite clearly a notch above these players. and will be able to genuinely compete for a spot in the Emirates Marketing Project team vs the likes of navas, nasri etc

Back