• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VDV

Don't like this. As mentioned in another thread, we've now lost arguably all of our world class players: King, Modric and VDV. While I'm happy with the players we've bought, none are currently world class IMO. Hopefully this means AVB is assembling a squad of good players that are suited to his system.

Thanks for the memories, Rafa!

Hard to replace, yes.

But not irreplaceable.

Gareth Bale is irreplaceable.

I agree with this. Bale is the one we couldnt afford to lose. Would love some top signings to come in though - its not too late.....

Bye Bye Rafa - thanks for the memories of your early days at the Lane. They were just brilliant - but last season you looked past your best and I think this is a good move for all parties involved.

Rafael van der Vaart ‏@rafvdvaart

Of course I am sad to leave Spurs and especially all the fans which have been nothing but great!!

Thanks to the best fans in England for an amazing time!! All your tweets and messages really mean a lot to me!

Of course I am sad to leave Spurs and especially all the fans which have been nothing but great!!

Thanks to the best fans in England for an amazing time!! All your tweets and messages really mean a lot to me!

Gonna miss you, big man =D>

Big shame. The player I have on the back of my shirt. We are now weaker in quality for his leaving which is a real shame

I'll miss you, man. In a solidly heterosexual way, I'll really, really miss you. :(

We haven't lost all our world-class players. We're now down to one.

article-1322556-0BB2C116000005DC-192_306x423.jpg

one last time:

VAn DER VAART, rafa van der vaart
nAnAnAnAnA
van der vaart, RAFA van der vaart
nanananananana!

Thanks for the memories Rafa, getting the fans and leaving on good terms.

p.s. I now don't have a single kit with a current player name on it ...f#$k

I don't understand why we needed to sell VDV if we were not getting Moutinho. Don't think VDV wanted to leave as he seemed to be happy here. Only possible reason will be AVB didn't rate VDV, can't fit him into the first 11 and so can't guarantee starting him every match. There was a potential VDV-AVB rift due to this as VDV hates to be dropped. If this is the case, then can understand why AVB decided to sell VDV.

This reminds me of when George Graham sold Ginola. Don't think we ever replaced Ginola properly. Now, will we be able to find the replacement for VDV and his 10-goals a season ?

I don't understand why we needed to sell VDV if we were not getting Moutinho. Don't think VDV wanted to leave as he seemed to be happy here. Only possible reason will be AVB didn't rate VDV, can't fit him into the first 11 and so can't guarantee starting him every match. There was a potential VDV-AVB rift due to this as VDV hates to be dropped. If this is the case, then can understand why AVB decided to sell VDV.

This reminds me of when George Graham sold Ginola. Don't think we ever replaced Ginola properly. Now, will we be able to find the replacement for VDV and his 10-goals a season ?

VDV has nothing to do with Moutinho.

VDV didn't play CM. Moutinho does play CM.

VDV's replacement is Dempsey.

What a brilliant vid:

[video=youtube;SE5yHFJI47s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE5yHFJI47s[/video]

I love the way he tells the Arsenal fans to shut up whenever he scores against them. Him kissing the badge after that brilliant goal against Liverpool will always be in my memory though. Was a pleasure to have a player of his ability at the club

Back