• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Thread

I would like to see the numbers the likes of Gil gets in the Scottish league, my opinion is it wouldn’t be anywhere near the numbers Jota got.

Gil will be going sooner or later. A comparison of the 2 is pointless. The question is, is jota the best we can get? We want to be winning things. I would like us to go for class. That will start ahead of richarlison, son, kulu or johnson. Maybe not now but in a year or 2s time.

Look at vicario and udogie. They are probably the best players in the prem in their positions so far this season. Maddison would have been on for player of the year if he didn't get injured. Those are the types of players we should be going for. Is jota that good?

I would like to see the numbers the likes of Gil gets in the Scottish league, my opinion is it wouldn’t be anywhere near the numbers Jota got.

I'm not sure why not. Gil has performed in the 2nd best league in the world (Spain) and in Europe (EL winner). Whereas Jota has played in Scotland and Saudi - two pub leagues.

Jota might be more direct in style, but in a decade time I'm pretty confident which will have had the more impressive career.

Gil will be going sooner or later. A comparison of the 2 is pointless. The question is, is jota the best we can get? We want to be winning things. I would like us to go for class. That will start ahead of richarlison, son, kulu or johnson. Maybe not now but in a year or 2s time.

Look at vicario and udogie. They are probably the best players in the prem in their positions so far this season. Maddison would have been on for player of the year if he didn't get injured. Those are the types of players we should be going for. Is jota that good?
A loan until the end of the season would seem to make sense, similar to the Danjuma loan. I certainly wouldn’t be looking to buy him though and fill a squad place. If loan works out then you can look at that in the summer.

A loan until the end of the season would seem to make sense, similar to the Danjuma loan. I certainly wouldn’t be looking to buy him though and fill a squad place. If loan works out then you can look at that in the summer.

Fair enough. We'll see.

I turned into a YT wrister and watched some of his videos and he looks like he has a lack of real pace not that its be all and end all, but equally seems alot of fair bounces of ankles and forcing his way through rather than out and out skill, but I take it with a huge pinch of YT salt.

I don't however see this clear gulf between him and Solomon some are convinced of (especially those that moaned the day we signed him)

Loan
Short term cover
If he's brick it's no big deal
Knows the system Ange wants to play
Can play a few positions

Why would we not be?
I think that would make a lot of sense if we don't pay all his wages at least.

But we should have other potential names on a shortlist too.

Loan
Short term cover
If he's brick it's no big deal
Knows the system Ange wants to play
Can play a few positions

Why would we not be?

We currently only have one over-21 overseas space, so need to use it wisely.

And cover for who - we're more stocked at LW than any other position in the squad?

Iling-Junior (U21 and LWB) or Idumbo-Muzambo (U21 and out of contract) just make much more sense as left-sided options.

He would come in to be first cover for LW and with Son off to Asia games would likely go straight in to the starting XI.

Maybe not but he still has a contract with them. Money was his motivation to go there, don't think he'd just give up £millions.
Not an unreasonable motivation at the time. He wouldn’t have yet made enough to be very wealthy for life and (as with any footballer) was only one injury away from never getting another contract. He and his current/future family are now financially secure for life whether he stays in Saudi or takes a contract in the PL. He can afford to accept less money now he has secured his financial future.

Last edited:

And cover for who - we're more stocked at LW than any other position in the squad?

Iling-Junior (U21 and LWB) or Idumbo-Muzambo (U21 and out of contract) just make much more sense as left-sided options.
Depends how you rate those options we do have for LW. Personally I think both Son and Richarlison are better as strikers. Neither are particularly well suited for LW in this system.

With Solomon time will tell I guess. Haven't been very impressed so far, though still early days. I like Gil as a player, but I don't think he's a good fit for the LW role in this system either.

After RCB I think it's our biggest priority with everyone fit. And in terms of strongest 11 probably one of the most important upgrades we could make.

A clear first choice upgrade at LW probably won't happen until the summer (or gradually with players improving over time). But a clear first choice, good fit for the system type player there could be huge for us IMO.

Depends how you rate those options we do have for LW. Personally I think both Son and Richarlison are better as strikers. Neither are particularly well suited for LW in this system.

With Solomon time will tell I guess. Haven't been very impressed so far, though still early days. I like Gil as a player, but I don't think he's a good fit for the LW role in this system either.

After RCB I think it's our biggest priority with everyone fit. And in terms of strongest 11 probably one of the most important upgrades we could make.

A clear first choice upgrade at LW probably won't happen until the summer (or gradually with players improving over time). But a clear first choice, good fit for the system type player there could be huge for us IMO.

With bissouma out and if we sell hojbjerg a dm for me. The belgian kid might be a good buy.

Son/Solomon/Veliz are all injured or away, plus Kulu covering centrally.

Add to burn out of the front 3 from the past couple of months means we are running thin

And most importantly seems Ange wants him

As a loan till summer it is not an issue, If Muzambo is out of contract we can sign him for the summer now, we might also sell more this window.

I'm not sure why not. Gil has performed in the 2nd best league in the world (Spain) and in Europe (EL winner). Whereas Jota has played in Scotland and Saudi - two pub leagues.

Jota might be more direct in style, but in a decade time I'm pretty confident which will have had the more impressive career.

Not so much as jam tomorrow then, rather jam in a decade.

Son/Solomon/Veliz are all injured or away, plus Kulu covering centrally.

Add to burn out of the front 3 from the past couple of months means we are running thin

And most importantly seems Ange wants him

As a loan till summer it is not an issue, If Muzambo is out of contract we can sign him for the summer now, we might also sell more this window.
Son will miss 2 or 3 games and Solomon is a possible now for the united game. We've also got no midweek games/half the fixtures of a normal season.

I know we did it with Danjuma, but i see even less need now to pad our already very bloated squad with more mediocrity.

We're being linked heavily with (at least) 4 overseas 18 year olds because this is the last window to get them in to naturalise them as homegrown/club trained. So we can't wait to bring those of those we want in - it has to be this window

Define performed?

Become a starter at a top half club, won a european trophy, been called up to the national team and won caps
Was he a starter at a top half club when we signed him?

He was sub a lot last season when on loan

International football is substandard so not really relevant

He did win a European trophy. He did start too but was subbed at half time because he was failing.. then they scored

He really isn’t a success which is shamed as we would get some of our fee back if so

Back